575hp roush tvs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
The only mods I have are the roush 575 tvs kit, bassani catback, and wheels/tires. Here's a pic of the roush calibration and a vmp mail order tune. I had a dyno session for data logging to send vmp to revise the tune if needs be. Just a quick comparison as far as numbers go with roush and vmp. First is std while the second is sae. Last nights std numbers were 557 hp and 464 tq.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-40821639.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	423.4 KB
ID:	98964   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3521592503.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	456.7 KB
ID:	98965  

TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
The only mods I have are the roush 575 tvs kit, bassani catback, and wheels/tires. Here's a pic of the roush calibration and a vmp mail order tune. I had a dyno session for data logging to send vmp to revise the tune if needs be. Just a quick comparison as far as numbers go with roush and vmp. First is std while the second is sae. Last nights std numbers were 557 hp and 464 tq.
Wow that is awesome, Imagine what # u will see from the 625 upgrade.
Is the difference very noticeable in the before and after vmp tune?
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

Wow that is awesome, Imagine what # u will see from the 625 upgrade.
Is the difference very noticeable in the before and after vmp tune?
The difference is extremely noticeable!!! I thought I installed a defective blower with the roush calibration. Throttle lag was apparent. Very disappointed in roush tune. Vmp tune is amazing! My dyno shop was going through all the data logs and kept saying that the vmp tune is so close to being spot on they thought vmp tuned it in person. Glad I went with them.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
That's awesome! Definitely want this blower when my car has more miles on it.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
I've heard (on here) before that roush's tune was conservative. 575 * 0.85 = 500. Seems their tune is spot on considering a 15% loss. Maybe the hardware just has so much more potential. Awesome post, thanks for the info
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
I've heard (on here) before that roush's tune was conservative. 575 * 0.85 = 500. Seems their tune is spot on considering a 15% loss. Maybe the hardware just has so much more potential. Awesome post, thanks for the info
It's not the power numbers that suck. Throttle response is horrible. You'll finally be making power then you literally feel the car back off. Garbage. You have to drive it to see.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

It's not the power numbers that suck. Throttle response is horrible. You'll finally be making power then you literally feel the car back off. Garbage. You have to drive it to see.
Well it is a VERY safe tune haha. I wonder if the actual Roush cars drive that way?
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

It's not the power numbers that suck. Throttle response is horrible. You'll finally be making power then you literally feel the car back off. Garbage. You have to drive it to see.
I've got the phase 2 and going phase 3... So how does the tune work? Do they send you a controller with some preloaded tunes? I don't see much if any throttle response issues but would like to get mine dialed in.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
I don't know what these phases you speak of are. If you're wondering about the vmp tune and how they send it to you they email te tune to you based on your mods and then you load it on your tuner. If you don't have a tuner then you can purchase one from vmp and they will upload the tune on the tuner for you and ship it to you that way.

If you get a tune other than roush you'll see what throttle response is supposed to be like lol trust me. The car doesn't back off with the vmp tune as it does in the roush tune which you can see in the dyno sheet (first pic).
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
I don't know what these phases you speak of are. If you're wondering about the vmp tune and how they send it to you they email te tune to you based on your mods and then you load it on your tuner. If you don't have a tuner then you can purchase one from vmp and they will upload the tune on the tuner for you and ship it to you that way.

If you get a tune other than roush you'll see what throttle response is supposed to be like lol trust me. The car doesn't back off with the vmp tune as it does in the roush tune which you can see in the dyno sheet (first pic).
Hmm, I'll have to check it out. Phase 1 is the 575 kit, phase 2 is the 625 kit and phase 3 is the 675 kit. Different pulleys and tunes for the tvs2300 from Roush. Does VMP warranty the tune and the blower if their tune goes awry? Just nice having the Roush 3yr/36000 on the blower if I stick with the Roush tune.
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka View Post

Hmm, I'll have to check it out. Phase 1 is the 575 kit, phase 2 is the 625 kit and phase 3 is the 675 kit. Different pulleys and tunes for the tvs2300 from Roush. Does VMP warranty the tune and the blower if their tune goes awry? Just nice having the Roush 3yr/36000 on the blower if I stick with the Roush tune.
Duhh! I knew that lol I'm an idiot. Hahaha as far as my knowledge goes they do not warranty their tunes. However, Justin has the MOST experience with tuning the tvs. He's always specialized in roush blowers and I believe the tvs design was actually from vmp,....could be wrong on this. I don't trust anyone but vmp with the tuneing of my setup. Like I said before my tune shop here in Arizona said the tune he sent me was so spot on based off the information from the data logs they did on 4 pulls of my car they couldn't believe it was a mail order tune but when I mentioned it was vmp the tuner immediately said "oh, that makes perfect sense. He specializes in the tvs."
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
poloka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

Duhh! I knew that lol I'm an idiot. Hahaha as far as my knowledge goes they do not warranty their tunes. However, Justin has the MOST experience with tuning the tvs. He's always specialized in roush blowers and I believe the tvs design was actually from vmp,....could be wrong on this. I don't trust anyone but vmp with the tuneing of my setup. Like I said before my tune shop here in Arizona said the tune he sent me was so spot on based off the information from the data logs they did on 4 pulls of my car they couldn't believe it was a mail order tune but when I mentioned it was vmp the tuner immediately said "oh, that makes perfect sense. He specializes in the tvs."
I might just jump ship. I want a good X pipe and catted exhaust. Saw kooks long tubes and figure match up with a borla cat back system the drop on the tune and see what happens. Anyone running that setup?

http://www.steeda.com/store/2011-up-...with-cats.html

http://www.steeda.com/store/kooks-lo...d-mustang.html
__________________
2011 GT 5.0 Supercharged Phase 2 TVS2300
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t290294/
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:13 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Defender Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florence
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 53
That is awesome!
Defender Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 17
i just got the Roush 675 upgrade & holy crap! big difference. now here's the interesting thing. i stood on it a bit up to around 6400 & heard all sorts of noise!! thought 1/2 the teeth off 2nd gear had dropped off.....NOPE! the roush Belt "shreaded" one of it's ribs!! so an 8-ribbed belt became as 7-rib belt immediately. but wait there's more. under the hood the frazzled belt then became a weed wacker and tore thru the hood insulation and dented the hood from underneath!!. all less than 8 hours from installlation. they determined that the belt was simply to large for the pulley. But,wasn't that a "Kit" ? from "roush"? anyway the dealership & roush are trying to see "where do we go from here"............. but after the "self-adjustment" of the belt. still runs unbelievably fast. i had the stock 540 SC on there for a year b4 this upgrade & the difference is staggering. it wines & it didn't before - but the acceleration difference is the 1st thing i noticed. don't regret it a bit. heck, i just need a dang belt!
rikb53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:15 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.