Mustang Evolution Forum banner

575hp roush tvs

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  rikb53 
#1 ·
The only mods I have are the roush 575 tvs kit, bassani catback, and wheels/tires. Here's a pic of the roush calibration and a vmp mail order tune. I had a dyno session for data logging to send vmp to revise the tune if needs be. Just a quick comparison as far as numbers go with roush and vmp. First is std while the second is sae. Last nights std numbers were 557 hp and 464 tq.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow that is awesome, Imagine what # u will see from the 625 upgrade.
Is the difference very noticeable in the before and after vmp tune?
The difference is extremely noticeable!!! I thought I installed a defective blower with the roush calibration. Throttle lag was apparent. Very disappointed in roush tune. Vmp tune is amazing! My dyno shop was going through all the data logs and kept saying that the vmp tune is so close to being spot on they thought vmp tuned it in person. Glad I went with them.

#9 ·
I don't know what these phases you speak of are. If you're wondering about the vmp tune and how they send it to you they email te tune to you based on your mods and then you load it on your tuner. If you don't have a tuner then you can purchase one from vmp and they will upload the tune on the tuner for you and ship it to you that way.

If you get a tune other than roush you'll see what throttle response is supposed to be like lol trust me. The car doesn't back off with the vmp tune as it does in the roush tune which you can see in the dyno sheet (first pic).

#10 ·
I don't know what these phases you speak of are. If you're wondering about the vmp tune and how they send it to you they email te tune to you based on your mods and then you load it on your tuner. If you don't have a tuner then you can purchase one from vmp and they will upload the tune on the tuner for you and ship it to you that way.

If you get a tune other than roush you'll see what throttle response is supposed to be like lol trust me. The car doesn't back off with the vmp tune as it does in the roush tune which you can see in the dyno sheet (first pic).
Hmm, I'll have to check it out. Phase 1 is the 575 kit, phase 2 is the 625 kit and phase 3 is the 675 kit. Different pulleys and tunes for the tvs2300 from Roush. Does VMP warranty the tune and the blower if their tune goes awry? Just nice having the Roush 3yr/36000 on the blower if I stick with the Roush tune.

#14 · (Edited)
i just got the Roush 675 upgrade & holy crap! big difference. now here's the interesting thing. i stood on it a bit up to around 6400 & heard all sorts of noise!! thought 1/2 the teeth off 2nd gear had dropped off.....NOPE! the roush Belt "shreaded" one of it's ribs!! so an 8-ribbed belt became as 7-rib belt immediately. but wait there's more. under the hood the frazzled belt then became a weed wacker and tore thru the hood insulation and dented the hood from underneath!!. all less than 8 hours from installlation. they determined that the belt was simply to large for the pulley. But,wasn't that a "Kit" ? from "roush"? anyway the dealership & roush are trying to see "where do we go from here"............. but after the "self-adjustment" of the belt. still runs unbelievably fast. i had the stock 540 SC on there for a year b4 this upgrade & the difference is staggering. it wines & it didn't before - but the acceleration difference is the 1st thing i noticed. don't regret it a bit. heck, i just need a dang belt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.