Bmr uca ajustment - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm trying to adjust my pinion angle to 2-3* neg but the uca is almost all the way shortened at 1.5*. Does this sound right? 1.5 in drop.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If I remember correctly mine looked that way too, its no big deal if you can get your adjustment right, its a pain in the butt...
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Jetag93! Been meaning to catch up with you man. I saw your car on youtube and was really impressed!! I have a 13' cs in performance white and was concerned about scraping when i lower it but yours looks insane! Are you in College Station? I'm in san antonio..

Borla Exhaust Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZpnBuQiag

GT500 Muffler sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkGKwxQkTc8
Filth and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I'm trying to remember without looking at the underside of the car, lengthening the uca should make the pinion angle more negative I believe. Where are you measuring and what are you using to measure?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I'm trying to remember without looking at the underside of the car, lengthening the uca should make the pinion angle more negative I believe. Where are you measuring and what are you using to measure?
Lengthening the Uca tilts the yoke up. I've got it tilted down at an over all 2* neg. measuring the driveshaft angle and differential yoke to get neg 2*. Using a gravity dial angle finder.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Old 03-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth and Fury
Jetag93! Been meaning to catch up with you man. I saw your car on youtube and was really impressed!! I have a 13' cs in performance white and was concerned about scraping when i lower it but yours looks insane! Are you in College Station? I'm in san antonio..
Thx man! I'm in NW Houston now. I didn't have any problems scraping but be sure you install Koni yellows with the h&r super sports springs. The ride on stock struts/shocks is not good when dropped.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post

Lengthening the Uca tilts the yoke up. I've got it tilted down at an over all 2* neg. measuring the driveshaft angle and differential yoke to get neg 2*. Using a gravity dial angle finder.
Ok I remember now, best way I found to measure was to get the car on a perfectly level surface and just putting the angle finder against the DS. 2* is a little aggressive but nothing that will hurt your car

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
2* down is as far as you want to go on a link type rear like this, for street duty. It's the old hotchkiss rear boys that have to run 7+* down angle.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thx guys.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The level-ness of your car actually doesn't matter, just makes the measurement a touch harder if it isn't. As long as the suspension is normally loaded, all will be well. Remember, you take the measure of the angle of the pinion flange and minus the angle of the DS. Whatever angle the car is at is irrelevant, as long as both parts are experiencing the same thing and your angle finder can get a measure. This is using our friendly neighbourhood force of gravity-style angle finder

e.g. 0 degree pinion - (+2) DS = -2 degrees on flat ground but say....
a 10 degree add to the measured angle at pinion on a sloped driveway will still create 12 degrees on the same driveshaft, still equaling -2.

The difference is what matters, not the measurement.

I use an old fashioned school protractor with a hole at the origin point. A thread through that with a screw tied to the end. Et voila, angle finder for free.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post

Thx man! I'm in NW Houston now. I didn't have any problems scraping but be sure you install Koni yellows with the h&r super sports springs. The ride on stock struts/shocks is not good when dropped.
Thanks for the info man greatly appreciated! I'm sorry i didn't have anything to say pertaining to your topic.

Borla Exhaust Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZpnBuQiag

GT500 Muffler sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkGKwxQkTc8
Filth and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT