Question about stock stance on GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
Question about stock stance on GT

I have a 2012 5.0 GT. I was looking under my car today and I noticed that my LCA are almost level. Maybe a 1/2 " lower at the axle than at the front connection!! So I measured my fender clearance from the ground up to bottom of fenders! In the front it was 29 1/4". Back was 291/2". Is this normal? I thought I should have more angle on my LCA's than what I have. I bought the car new, but I do know that the car was special ordered with someone else, but the finance fell thru, so i bought it!! Any chance that the car was lowered with just springs, the LCA's are stock. Would just changing LCA's help, I know right now I have no traction when leaving the line , or when getting on it in 1st thru 3rd! Any suggestions on what I can do?? Thanks, there are alot of people here who know what their doing and I trust your opinion!!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Does sound a bit lower than most rears. The lca angle is usually level stock but upward angle from axle to body is fine. It's the reverse of that that will cause serious traction probs. but new lcas will help traction too.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well, that was kind of what I was thinking! Most mustangs I've see, the back seems to set higher ! A higher gap between the tire and fender!! Mine are about the same!! Just a 1./4" difference
And the LCA IS ALMOST LEVEL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

And since the LCA's are almost level, Should I also get relocation brackets with the new LCA
S?
Old 03-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
And since the LCA's are almost level, Should I also get relocation brackets with the new LCA
S?
If you are going to lower the car, yes.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not planning on lowering it as of now, since I believe it already as lowered springs on it that's why it has the same clearance between tiire and fenders in all four corners, and I'm thinking that's why the LCA's are level from axle to the connection point on gram!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
remember you do have a lot of HP. maybe your right foot is the traction issue.
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well that could be true!! But I'm just trying to figure out i that since it was a specially ordered car, and the person who ordered it, than couldn't pay for it, if he had different springs put on instead of the stock. Because the clearance stance on the back fender and ground is lower than a stock mustang!!
I know I need new tires and new LCAs and a lighter right foot!!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Sounds like they are correct for stock too me. Mine lowered and with relocation brackets mine are angled up from the axle to the frame mounts. Ideally for normal driving they usually sit level.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Sounds like they are correct for stock too me. Mine lowered and with relocation brackets mine are angled up from the axle to the frame mounts. Ideally for normal driving they usually sit level.
Ok!! Thanks!! Just wasn't for sure!! The LCAs just seemed to level to me and the clearance to all fenders were the same in front as the back!! I thought the back set higher than the front !! So thanks again!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
Well that could be true!! But I'm just trying to figure out i that since it was a specially ordered car, and the person who ordered it, than couldn't pay for it, if he had different springs put on instead of the stock. Because the clearance stance on the back fender and ground is lower than a stock mustang!!
I know I need new tires and new LCAs and a lighter right foot!!
Looking at your pics your rear wheel gap looks stock to me and your front gap looks higher than normal. Maybe that is the problem. My front stock was 28 7/8 inches on 19" wheels.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post

Looking at your pics your rear wheel gap looks stock to me and your front gap looks higher than normal. Maybe that is the problem. My front stock was 28 7/8 inches on 19" wheels.
First off that is the picture of my first Mustang!! I got a new 2012 haven't posted pictures of it yet, but it looks just like if!!
The measurements on the mustang I'm talking about is 291/4" all the way around, also on 19" wheels, tires are 265/45/19, so it's higher than yours!!! So I guess I'll lower my car than!! The next best option !

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT