Went to the track today - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Ericd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 18
Went to the track today

Watched a 2013 gt, 6 spd manual, with just a cold air intake, Bama 93 race tune with 275/40 17 drag radials do a 12.25 in the 1/4.
Ericd122 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
That's a good time, not great but good
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
GE3G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 721
Thats a pretty hood time... With a tune,cai and drag radials a 12.1 to 11.9 is impressive
GE3G is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericd122 View Post
Watched a 2013 gt, 6 spd manual, with just a cold air intake, Bama 93 race tune with 275/40 17 drag radials do a 12.25 in the 1/4.
Nice!! That is my goal with my current mods of tune, off road mid pipe, suspension and 305 rear tires.
McQueen is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 82
These cars are crazy. I did a 12.30x with a o/r x + gt500 mufflers only. And a 1.8 on 305 Mickeys. No tune or intake yet.
Xtian85 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtian85 View Post
These cars are crazy. I did a 12.30x with a o/r x + gt500 mufflers only. No tune or intake yet.
Not on stock tires....
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

Not on stock tires....
Edited. Best on stock tires was 12.5. A 1.7 should get me a 12.2 easy on the mickeys though amazing tires.
Xtian85 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

Not on stock tires....
Were you there watching? Lol
TooSlow4U is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

Were you there watching? Lol
Nope. But I smell BS from afar.

He's already changed his story. Now it was a 12.5 (without a tune) but he says he'd be 12.2 easily on DR. Soooooo. Which was it on stock tires. 12.3, 12.5. 1.7 on Street tires is quiet impressive either way... If that was on street tires, very impressive sir.

Perhaps a slip will help convince me. (Cause you know, if it is on the Internet, it must be true).
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

Nice!! That is my goal with my current mods of tune, off road mid pipe, suspension and 305 rear tires.
You got 305 tires that fast?
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

You got 305 tires that fast?
Course he did, his sponsers same day shipped them too him for free!
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

Nope. But I smell BS from afar.

He's already changed his story. Now it was a 12.5 (without a tune) but he says he'd be 12.2 easily on DR. Soooooo. Which was it on stock tires. 12.3, 12.5. 1.7 on Street tires is quiet impressive either way... If that was on street tires, very impressive sir.

Perhaps a slip will help convince me. (Cause you know, if it is on the Internet, it must be true).
Hahahahahaha well if its on the net and true then I ran a 10.34 on street tires with stock motor TWICE! Lol
TooSlow4U is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 06:36 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
TheAdrianHand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ft Drum, NY
Region: New York
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

Hahahahahaha well if its on the net and true then I ran a 10.34 on street tires with stock motor TWICE! Lol
^I witnessed it. True story
TheAdrianHand is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
gqsmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 638
I watched one of yalls cars run a 12.27 and I had to go talk to the guy! He had a tune, boss manifold, a drop in knn filter, and stock 245 p Nero tires! I was impressed! All the other 5.0s with radials and such were running around the same if not slower...and before y'all flip out no I don't have slip because it wasn't my run!
gqsmash is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

You got 305 tires that fast?
Sitting in my garage to go in tomorrow
McQueen is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Course he did, his sponsers same day shipped them too him for free!
Haha I smell a hater in here lmao.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-172767415.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	99712  
McQueen is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Haha I smell a hater in here lmao.
not really, just gives me good reason to not buy from a company that sponsors someone for looks and not for race abilities
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

not really, just gives me good reason to not buy from a company that sponsors someone for looks and not for race abilities
No idea what u mean when u say race abilities.
McQueen is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
No idea what u mean when u say race abilities.
we all are well aware
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

we all are well aware
Haha u should worry about modifying your own ride and not start s*** for something you have no idea what the f*** u talking about.
McQueen is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Haha u should worry about modifying your own ride and not start s*** for something you have no idea what the f*** u talking about.
LOL ok sure sure, i've seen the questions you ask on here...no worries mate, we ain't judging...lol...
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

LOL ok sure sure, i've seen the questions you ask on here...no worries mate, we ain't judging...lol...
That is the whole point of a forum to learn what u don't know and then pass the knowledge on the new coming
McQueen is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
That is the whole point of a forum to learn what u don't know and then pass the knowledge on the new coming
you are always going to get crap here because you didn't get your sponsorships from skill, you got your first one because you were a test for the new Borla Quads, and the second one because of the first one.

There are probably plenty of people here, not saying me just in general, who could take you any day around the track without trying, but those people don't have a sponsorship and honestly they are the ones who should.

You got a 13' early on therefor you walked right into being able to get sponsored. The 2011 5.0 had been on the market for nearly a year when I got mine, no chance in getting sponsored at that point as what needed done had been done.

Don't worry, your not the only one, another guy I know locally got a free supercharger because he handed it over to a somewhat local shop to do a "trial" install on his car for free. This was literally a month after the 5.0 came out. He can't drive it for anything, he just happened to be at the right place and the right time.

Sponsorships are not what they used to be, for promoting and help elevate the company and the driver by feeding his/her skill with parts they could not otherwise afford. Your not going to any big races or any big time tv spotlights anytime soon I bet, which means the most that are gonna know your sponsors is just your local track and car shows.

i've said what I had to say.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #24
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

Haha u should worry about modifying your own ride and not start s*** for something you have no idea what the f*** u talking about.
What suspension components did you go with?
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
What suspension components did you go with?
ones he had to have a shop install....LOL...I did my own suspension in my driveway by myself...just saying...
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

you are always going to get crap here because you didn't get your sponsorships from skill, you got your first one because you were a test for the new Borla Quads, and the second one because of the first one.

There are probably plenty of people here, not saying me just in general, who could take you any day around the track without trying, but those people don't have a sponsorship and honestly they are the ones who should.

You got a 13' early on therefor you walked right into being able to get sponsored. The 2011 5.0 had been on the market for nearly a year when I got mine, no chance in getting sponsored at that point as what needed done had been done.

Don't worry, your not the only one, another guy I know locally got a free supercharger because he handed it over to a somewhat local shop to do a "trial" install on his car for free. This was literally a month after the 5.0 came out. He can't drive it for anything, he just happened to be at the right place and the right time.

Sponsorships are not what they used to be, for promoting and help elevate the company and the driver by feeding his/her skill with parts they could not otherwise afford. Your not going to any big races or any big time tv spotlights anytime soon I bet, which means the most that are gonna know your sponsors is just your local track and car shows.

i've said what I had to say.
Haha u have way too much time to write all that lmao. I got my car in September not early at all, but yea I got sponsor not because I was an awesome race car driver but because it is a street car at the end of the day and all they want is to get their product out there.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

ones he had to have a shop install....LOL...I did my own suspension in my driveway by myself...just saying...
Haha u just keep hating and I love it
Please don't stop I am enjoying this
McQueen is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Haha u have way too much time to write all that lmao. I got my car in September not early at all, but yea I got sponsor not because I was an awesome race car driver but because it is a street car at the end of the day and all they want is to get their product out there.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------



Haha u just keep hating and I love it
Please don't stop I am enjoying this
I hope you are, because you probably don't realize how few people like you and your husband Ozzy .

The day you guys leave this forum, the day we all get too enjoy ourselves.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I hope you are, because you probably don't realize how few people like you and your husband Ozzy .

The day you guys leave this forum, the day we all get too enjoy ourselves.
You just mad because we have spend less money modifying our whole car than you have on that set of wheels u just bought from AM.
McQueen is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
You just mad because we have spend less money modifying our whole car than you have on that set of wheels u just bought from AM.
not really, because in the end I will always treat my things better than you will yours, as I had to actually work for mine and were not just handed too me. I can proudly say that everything in my life I have dropped blood and sweat for.

We all know you cannot make the same statement even a little bit judging by your car.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #30
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

You just mad because we have spend less money modifying our whole car than you have on that set of wheels u just bought from AM.
What suspension mods did you go with? It looks like a 1.5 drop...u get shocks too? Or coilovers?
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

not really, because in the end I will always treat my things better than you will yours, as I had to actually work for mine and were not just handed too me. I can proudly say that everything in my life I have dropped blood and sweat for.

We all know you cannot make the same statement even a little bit.
Aww you should make a movie

I am a stock broker and company owner, I know how to make money without bleeding like you
Now go to sleep that is getting late for you 9-5 job.
McQueen is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jetag93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 382
I agree nosympathy.
__________________
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

What suspension mods did you go with? It looks like a 1.5 drop...u get shocks too? Or coilovers?
K springs with tokico and everything else like lca, uca etc....
McQueen is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
13boss302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: burlington
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I hope you are, because you probably don't realize how few people like you and your husband Ozzy .

The day you guys leave this forum, the day we all get too enjoy ourselves.
I have to agree with you on this nosympathy. I think we all feel the way you do
13boss302 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post
I agree nosympathy.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13boss302 View Post
I have to agree with you on this nosympathy. I think we all feel the way you do
Thanks!

Yeah, someone had to finally say it. We have all been thinking it for a long time.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:06 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.