New to tuning - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2013, 02:35 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
New to tuning

So i ordered the DS Intune from Bama, and i hate reading that thread that has been posted recently because it makes me a bit nervous. What are tips and certain step i should do. I read about having to charge my batterry and making sure radio, ac etc were all turned off.
I just want some advice and tips thanks!
Also i found it a bit wierd that bama shipped my tuner after just hours i had sent by email my tunning specs, either its great customer service or my tune is a generic for 2013 mustangs, any info on that?
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Best advice is to exchange for a SCT
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1
Best advice is to exchange for a SCT
Sct have issues too.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I've had both..... Intune bricked my car, SCT didnt
Old 03-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I have the SCT, don't recall anything about charging the battery or having the radio off.
Also never retune your car unless the tuner vender is open during regular business hours if its your first time tuning the car ?

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I have the intune and I guess it is all a matter of luck because my install couldn't have been smoother. I didn't turn off the radio or A/C I just plugged it in and in 20 minutes it took to save the original tune and down load the new one i was already giving it a test drive.
Within a week or so of that I installed the off road h pipe and re tune it again without a single problem. So like I said it is a bit of luck when ever u tune these cars. Are you feeling lucky? Lol
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
I have the intune and I guess it is all a matter of luck because my install couldn't have been smoother. I didn't turn off the radio or A/C I just plugged it in and in 20 minutes it took to save the original tune and down load the new one i was already giving it a test drive.
Within a week or so of that I installed the off road h pipe and re tune it again without a single problem. So like I said it is a bit of luck when ever u tune these cars. Are you feeling lucky? Lol
Ya I changed my tune 3-4 times then bam bricked car and corrupted tuner software

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Every body has their own opinion but just from having both the sct is the "safer" choice for now until DS gets their **** worked out, IMHO
Old 03-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
So i ordered the DS Intune from Bama, and i hate reading that thread that has been posted recently because it makes me a bit nervous. What are tips and certain step i should do. I read about having to charge my batterry and making sure radio, ac etc were all turned off.
I just want some advice and tips thanks!
Also i found it a bit wierd that bama shipped my tuner after just hours i had sent by email my tunning specs, either its great customer service or my tune is a generic for 2013 mustangs, any info on that?
The other poster tried updating his device b4 loading tune. Bama should update all of their preloaded devices b4 sending out. If not, that's messed up and should be rectified.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

SCT TUNER

Well i got the sct and i have downloaded all my tunes and changed them several several times with no problems at all simply plug n pick ur tune and done everytime,a guy n our club got the other ds about same time and first time outta box after tune download no start tried to return to stock its said no ecu found,so off to ford dealer to be fixed,DS gave him another tuner and he tried again and still has problems he's been to ford house like 3-4 times since,and i still running my sct with no problems
YELLERSTANG02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post

The other poster tried updating his device b4 loading tune. Bama should update all of their preloaded devices b4 sending out. If not, that's messed up and should be rectified.
Im going to make them resend me the tune, just to be sure if what im getting

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post

Ya I changed my tune 3-4 times then bam bricked car and corrupted tuner software

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Every body has their own opinion but just from having both the sct is the "safer" choice for now until DS gets their **** worked out, IMHO
Yeah man idk, im finishing up my finals at school, this shyt breaking would **** things up in my daily life
Old 03-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What is brick? I googled it nothing comes out for stangs
Old 03-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
bricking is corrupted software load that makes your computer unresponsive, just like your desktop. This is a risk one takes any time one writes a tune onto the ECM.

ALWAYS make sure you're fully charged on the battery and that all accessories are off before tuning any car. I hook a battery charger to the battery before and while doing this kind of work.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

What is brick? I googled it nothing comes out for stangs
Means the car won't start or even turn over. What happened to me was all lights would come on but car wouldn't start, gauges wouldn't work, it didn't make the noise it usually does before you start it. That is over simplified
Old 03-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Means the car won't start or even turn over. What happened to me was all lights would come on but car wouldn't start, gauges wouldn't work, it didn't make the noise it usually does before you start it. I won't talk bad of AM because they are a great company but after talking to my tuner and comparing the email tune to the custom dyno tune I would never run one for any extended period of time.
God damn man I hate this forum sometimes lol, I can't afford for something like that to happen, I thought I would be fine with no problems, I just wanted an offroad x pipe for the sound, I'm not doing anything else engine or exterior wise, I'm done...I just want to enjoy the car, let see, mcqueen will be there, hopefully he brings his good luck

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
bricking is corrupted software load that makes your computer unresponsive, just like your desktop. This is a risk one takes any time one writes a tune onto the ECM.

ALWAYS make sure you're fully charged on the battery and that all accessories are off before tuning any car. I hook a battery charger to the battery before and while doing this kind of work.
Thanks for the def aswell
Old 03-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Anything you do to your car is a gamble. Chances are you won't have any issues and you will be fine. The interweb is full of opinions. Example: #8.......it's has all been forgotten.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT