Help identify some stuff - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Elgin ill
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Help identify some stuff

Well as you all know I got my car used and while changing to my off road pipe was wondering what's stock and what's not I haven't seen under a new 5.0 so I know the blue lowering kit isn't stock but what about the other
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1164906374.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	417.7 KB
ID:	99809   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1663890047.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	427.6 KB
ID:	99810  

Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
The blue sway bar links are stock, but the springs are definitely aftermarket, looks like your lowered. I assumed that from some of your pics.... Don't know what brand tho, hopefully someone could chime in
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tyoung68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: concord
Region: California
Posts: 3,475
Everything looks stock except the springs
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
The only blue springs I know of are FRPP springs, there may be other though. Everything else under there is stock. Is your axle still centered? Time to start suspension upgrades!!
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Elgin ill
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Ok jus wondering would feel real dumb buying suspension stuff I didn't need haha
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
The only blue springs I know of are FRPP springs, there may be other though. Everything else under there is stock. Is your axle still centered? Time to start suspension upgrades!!
U know what's funny, if u pay close attention, even in none stock form the axle isn't perfectly centered. I couldn't help but notice that when I went on a few cruises with other 13 Mustangs that were bone stock... This other dude I ran into did zero suspension mods and threw on some 285s in the rear and it was very obvious the axle wasn't centered

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Bone*
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff
 
WhoDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anchorage
Region: Alaska
Posts: 1,925
SR, H&R, and Ford Racing springs are all also blue. Could be any one of those
__________________
2012 Kona Blue 3.7L V6:
Borla LT headers, O/R h-pipe, Borla S-types, 3.73 gears,
Steeda adjustable UCA w/ mount, BMR LCAs, Airaid CAI,
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
fastmustangs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 541
They look like H&R Super Sports.
__________________
fastmustangs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Elgin ill
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Sucks there not marked anywhere lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Region: Michigan
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Sucks there not marked anywhere lol
Some of those companies all source the springs from the same people, so it's likely they wouldn't be marked. Neat to discover a "free" mod though
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post
SR, H&R, and Ford Racing springs are all also blue. Could be any one of those
Not h&r for sure. Can tell by the coils.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
U know what's funny, if u pay close attention, even in none stock form the axle isn't perfectly centered. I couldn't help but notice that when I went on a few cruises with other 13 Mustangs that were bone stock... This other dude I ran into did zero suspension mods and threw on some 285s in the rear and it was very obvious the axle wasn't centered

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Bone*
He will see how much its off when he put his new rims on.

The stock rims does not show it much.

Your driver side axle has some type of oil on it, From the picture.
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post

He will see how much its off when he put his new rims on.

The stock rims does not show it much.

Your driver side axle has some type of oil on it, From the picture.
The drivers side axle always spits out gear oil, the breather vent is on top on that side... Look at yours, it might be the same
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #14
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
The drivers side axle always spits out gear oil, the breather vent is on top on that side... Look at yours, it might be the same
Not yet low miles, I will keep an eye on it. Is there a fix?
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post

Not yet low miles, I will keep an eye on it. Is there a fix?
Mine was like that that when it had less than 1k, I heard it was normal. I heard there is a turkey baster like mod that u add, not sure how it works exactly but now I'm curious to look into it.
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mlp07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Weslaco
Region: Texas
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

Mine was like that that when it had less than 1k, I heard it was normal. I heard there is a turkey baster like mod that u add, not sure how it works exactly but now I'm curious to look into it.
The dif fluid sometimes it's overfilled from factory, it was an issue that ford had and the fix was the turkey baster here's a pic of it. You'll need clearance to the exhaust because this could happen, but other than that it's a normal thing on all the mustangs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-206640366.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	99945   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3053064705.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	443.4 KB
ID:	99946  

Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:30 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.