Waiting on my new GT!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Waiting on my new GT!!!

So I currently live in Italy was stationed here and I just sold my Audi A4 because I have always wanted one basically! Well my new GT is on it's way here from the states and I am looking for some advice. I will be going from a 2011 A4 with Quattro to a 2013 Mustang gt premium with the track package and recaro seats in red candy metallic! My questions are will I be in total shock when comes to handling or pleasantly surprised? I realized when i made the choice I would be giving up some creature comforts and handling for awesome power but i am wondering if anyone else has made a similar switch. Also I still haven't seen a red candy metallic mustang around here and the pictures seem to be so differing. Has anyone seen the color in person and does it look awesome??? My car isn't even here yet and I'm already driving my wife crazy, but I just can't wait to get it in and start the modding!!!!!
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP0314 View Post
So I currently live in Italy was stationed here and I just sold my Audi A4 because I have always wanted one basically! Well my new GT is on it's way here from the states and I am looking for some advice. I will be going from a 2011 A4 with Quattro to a 2013 Mustang gt premium with the track package and recaro seats in red candy metallic! My questions are will I be in total shock when comes to handling or pleasantly surprised? I realized when i made the choice I would be giving up some creature comforts and handling for awesome power but i am wondering if anyone else has made a similar switch. Also I still haven't seen a red candy metallic mustang around here and the pictures seem to be so differing. Has anyone seen the color in person and does it look awesome??? My car isn't even here yet and I'm already driving my wife crazy, but I just can't wait to get it in and start the modding!!!!!
Wow lol we have the excact same car! Nice choice
Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
It's a completely different vehicle. The audi will have different characteristics being awd and less power obviously. If you learn to drive the mustang fast, you will love it. Just remember to have fun with it. They're meant to be beat on from time to time! Enjoy.
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I can relate. I have an m3 and a mustang. I can tell you that the mustangs interior and lack of comfort gets old quick. And i never feel like i can use the mustang for anything work related because it looks so cheap inside. But the less I drive the m3, the more I don't mind the mustangs interior. Handling...yeah the mustang feels like an old caddy compared to my m3. Suspension components will be on your short list for sure.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks! The cheap feel and handling are my biggest worries for sure!!! Just hoping I'm not disappointed but I can think of 420 reasons off the top of my head haha
Old 04-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Thanks! The cheap feel and handling are my biggest worries for sure!!! Just hoping I'm not disappointed but I can think of 420 reasons off the top of my head haha
The suspension can be fixed. The interior really can't be fixed. As long as your ok with the interior, then you'll be ok.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Did you do anything to your suspension? With the track pack what should be first for suspension mods? I already know I will be getting at least an axle back exhaust first but was considering a short throw shifter second suspension sounds like a good second or third option
Old 04-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
Road Trip!

I just ordered koni's, steeda sport springs, panhard bar and steeda upper strut mounts. If I have traction issues, then I'll look into lca's and maybe an uca. people get way too carried away with suspension on here though. If your not consistently tracking the car. What I mentioned above is way more than enough.

Even with the items above though, I don't think it will out handle the m3. But it'll be 1,000 times better than stock. That's all I'm after.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Did you do anything to your suspension? With the track pack what should be first for suspension mods? I already know I will be getting at least an axle back exhaust first but was considering a short throw shifter second suspension sounds like a good second or third option
Springs, shocks and struts. Panhard bar if your rear is not center after the install, and upper strut mounts if you want or need them. Some people will tell you different, some will agree. Will your car see a track often?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

No maybe a few times a year max. Gotta look into it more being in Europe everything is more expensive!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I can relate. I have an m3 and a mustang. I can tell you that the mustangs interior and lack of comfort gets old quick. And i never feel like i can use the mustang for anything work related because it looks so cheap inside. But the less I drive the m3, the more I don't mind the mustangs interior. Handling...yeah the mustang feels like an old caddy compared to my m3. Suspension components will be on your short list for sure.
you really not like the interior? I like it! lol or did you just get a basic ?
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I haven't been in a gt premium yet however Audi is known for their interior and everything is luxurious and solid and built with driver comfort in mind it's not to take anything away the from mustang but there is a reason an Audi or BMW that can match the mustang on the track cost $30k or more than the mustang. But once again that engine and look won me over especially considering I have wanted one since I was a kid
Old 04-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The red metallic paint is beautiful that was on my first 13 that I owned , you'll love the way it shines also I actually love the interior of the mustang and I work at Mercedes and see there interior everyday , mustang defiantly is nice
jaredGTneelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Glad to hear that the interior was my biggest worry by far!!!! Followed by handling!!!

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I think I will love that red too!!! The Ford site doesn't do it justice!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Are there any suspension kits that are worth a look?
Old 04-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Candy red is an amazing color! I had to choose between performance white and candy red when I bought mine. I ended up with white, but only because I've never had a white car and wanted to give it a try, otherwise I would have chosen candy red over silver, grey, or GHIG. I really wanted deep impact blue but I got over it quick.

As far as suspension goes, everyone will give you different opinions. I prefer the FRPP suspension myself, but then again I only have roush or FRPP parts on my car. I like to stick with parts that are still made and tested by ford themselves because there is rare a time when the parts don't fit perfectly and work well. That being said, the adjustable handling pack from ford makes a HUGE difference and won't have you bouncing all over the road from the springs being stiff. It's good for a 1" drop all the way around which is perfect in my opinion. Corners are tighter, car is much more predictable, and it's much more reserved at high speeds(100+). That's just my .02
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Springs, shocks and struts. Panhard bar if your rear is not center after the install, and upper strut mounts if you want or need them. Some people will tell you different, some will agree. Will your car see a track often?
Well I know I dropped my car a lot lower than you will be, but without the LCA and relobrackets my traction was so bad it wasn't funny post suspension. I also didn't go cheap either.

After changing that out was an immediate change. Car just hooks the road instantly. I am gonna be switching out my UCA soon and hope that fixes the clunking drive shaft(mine got really bad post drop) and she hooks even better.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Well I know I dropped my car a lot lower than you will be, but without the LCA and relobrackets my traction was so bad it wasn't funny post suspension. I also didn't go cheap either.

After changing that out was an immediate change. Car just hooks the road instantly. I am gonna be switching out my UCA soon and hope that fixes the clunking drive shaft(mine got really bad post drop) and she hooks even better.
Yeah. With your drop, your lca's were probably all messed up! That's one of the reasons I chose a smaller drop. I don't know, I might still need lca's and a relo bracket. We will see soon I guess.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah. With your drop, your lca's were probably all messed up! That's one of the reasons I chose a smaller drop. I don't know, I might still need lca's and a relo bracket. We will see soon I guess.
Yeah haha. Let us know. Excited for the pictures. Installing yourself?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
You're gonna love driving it on the autostrada and if you go north the autoband. I was there in 03-05
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Yeah haha. Let us know. Excited for the pictures. Installing yourself?
Yep...can't wait!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I think the interiors in the new Mustangs are great. I have an '06 so my interior looks similar but is defnitely plastic everywhere which drives me nuts. The new ones have nice soft to the touch materials and have fantastic fit and finish - Ford has really stepped up their game since Mulally got there. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the interior.

As for suspension upgrades, you can never go wrong with Steeda products or Kenny Brown. I would definitely suggest LCA's and a new 3rd link, it'll give you a good deal more traction. I have LCA's, adj. panhard bar, adj, 3rd link, eibach sportlines, strut tower brace, firewall brace, and Steeda sway bars all with urethane bushings and my car handles like it's on rails. None of those items are too terribly pricey either and they even offer them in a kit to save money.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

This site is making me more impatient than ever!!!! I generally hate waiting for things but the wait for my new Mustang is becoming unbearable not to mention all the dreams of modding and building wish lists on various websites! I have Narrowed down my short list to axel back exhaust First (still torn on brand; Roush or Borla S-type) but i'm now torn on my second Mod! Not sure whether I want to go short throw or Suspension... Before this thread started Suspension wasn't even on my short list now I want to mod the suspension right away!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This site is making me more impatient than ever!!!! I generally hate waiting for things but the wait for my new Mustang is becoming unbearable not to mention all the dreams of modding and building wish lists on various websites! I have Narrowed down my short list to axel back exhaust First (still torn on brand; Roush or Borla S-type) but i'm now torn on my second Mod! Not sure whether I want to go short throw or Suspension... Before this thread started Suspension wasn't even on my short list now I want to mod the suspension right away!
Suspension. Then shifter. Definitely. Also, Borla S-Types. I've had both, the roush can't touch the sound of the Borla. Not even close. Unless you want your sound like a NASCAR racecar and not an real muscle car .
Old 04-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Suspension. Then shifter. Definitely. Also, Borla S-Types. I've had both, the roush can't touch the sound of the Borla. Not even close. Unless you want your sound like a NASCAR racecar and not an real muscle car .
You keep saying roush sounds like a NASCAR, makes me wounder if you really had them. I'm not saying there's not a better sound out there, but they don't sound like a NASCAR.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

At first I was gonna go roush because I knew them and saw no bad reviews and the Borla's cost so much more but after hearing them and youtubing it to death I def want a deep muscle car sound not a NASCAR sound another reason why I want s-types over ATAKs! I would love to but talking the wife into 1500 for suspension is a bit harder than 400 for a shifter but we will see! If I go with a suspension kit is ford racing coupe one a good one or is the adjustable better? Also what are some other kit options in the same price range that are equal or debatably better or even flat out better in your guys opinions? So EXCITED!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Well the thing about Roush mufflers is they sound really good as and axle back setup, one u remove the cars or get an x pipe, they get stupid loud
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2
Well the thing about Roush mufflers is they sound really good as and axle back setup, one u remove the cars or get an x pipe, they get stupid loud
I think that's where the "nascar" sound everyone refers to comes from. As an axle back, they scream muscle car.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I think that's where the "nascar" sound everyone refers to comes from. As an axle back, they scream muscle car.
They with the stock H were not as deep as my borla with the o/r x. I imagine on an o/r H the borla demolish the roush without trying.

Sorry unless you have heard the borla in person you probably will not understand how unlike a muscle car sounding the roush really are
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Has anyone seen the color in person and does it look awesome??? My car isn't even here yet and I'm already driving my wife crazy, but I just can't wait to get it in and start the modding!!!!![/QUOTE]

That color is gorgeous. Just bought a 2014 GT premium with recaros and track pack in Sterling Gray. Your going to love it. As soon as we signed the papers my wife had me setting appointment for tint and shopping on line for axle back exhaust lol. For the record im going with the Roush axle back. No plans to drop cats or add x pipe. Heard the Roush on a Boss 302 that was just nasty (in a good way) not "nascar" just more tone and volume than stock.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

FWIW, I have the roush axleback and JBA h-pipe with stock cats and resonators and my car is almost louder than my buddies car with a off road x and gt500s with no resonators. I love the way the roush sounds over his set-up but his does have a more mellow,deep sound. We are both tuned with intakes(both air raid, but mine is CF) and he made 419rwhp and I made 407rwhp(assuming because of the cats). Having said all that nonsense, if you want to go off road mids then stay away from the roush because it will be too loud. My car sets off car alarms and annoys the neighbors as-is and I still have the cats on it.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

They with the stock H were not as deep as my borla with the o/r x. I imagine on an o/r H the borla demolish the roush without trying.

Sorry unless you have heard the borla in person you probably will not understand how unlike a muscle car sounding the roush really are
I was born in 62, I think I know what a muscle car sounds like.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP0314
I have it on my 11. it. is. gorgeous. You will love it.
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Do your research on suspension man.

There guys on here giving advise on suspension and there suspension are stock.

They don't know the issues that come up after modifying the stock suspension.
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #35
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
I think the interiors in the new Mustangs are great. I have an '06 so my interior looks similar but is defnitely plastic everywhere which drives me nuts. The new ones have nice soft to the touch materials and have fantastic fit and finish - Ford has really stepped up their game since Mulally got there. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the interior.

As for suspension upgrades, you can never go wrong with Steeda products or Kenny Brown. I would definitely suggest LCA's and a new 3rd link, it'll give you a good deal more traction. I have LCA's, adj. panhard bar, adj, 3rd link, eibach sportlines, strut tower brace, firewall brace, and Steeda sway bars all with urethane bushings and my car handles like it's on rails. None of those items are too terribly pricey either and they even offer them in a kit to save money.
Kenny brown is wayyyyyy overkill on a street car lol. But I agree with your current mods

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT