Ordering a 2014 gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #1

Region: Illinois
Ordering a 2014 gt

Hi guys;

This is my first post, I've been a member for a couple months and finally ready to buy my first mustang after years of dreaming. Technically it'll be my 2nd stang' as my first car was a 1974 v6 Mustang II, but that was 16 long years ago. I'm planning on ordering a 2014 GT premium and just wanted some input on price. MSRP is $35,545, I've been quoted $33,878 out the door (including all fees, taxes and rebates). Seems to be a fair price, but I wanted feedback from other mustang owners before I pull the trigger or hold out for a better price.

Thanks.
Boj311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Oh that would b awesome. Post up some pics when u get her.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I think that is a hell of a deal! I ordered mine 2 weeks ago (2014 GT) on the 15th of March. My OTD price will be about $36,200. Mine is a not a Premium. $3000 of that will be tax/title/license. I did opt for the Track Package, Recaro's, and Security System.
55R2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Or you could wait a year and pick one up barely used for $25k. heh
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If brand new is what you want, I think that's a good price for a premium. After the mustang ll, I'm surprised your back. Lol
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Good price..... Around $35,000 when I was toying with the idea..... Good luck!
BorlaGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #7

Thanks guys. Lol, yeah the Mustang II was a hand me down and i only had it for about a week before I got rid of it. The new one will be a sterling grey GT premium with no other options.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I would wait for the 2015 and see if you like it
Old 04-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #9

I would love to see the 2015 before I take the plunge on the '14, but I'm currently Mustang-less and really like the current retro style. Plus the incentives on the 14's are quite enticing...
Old 04-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boj311 View Post
I would love to see the 2015 before I take the plunge on the '14, but I'm currently Mustang-less and really like the current retro style. Plus the incentives on the 14's are quite enticing...
What kind of incentives are you seeing out there?
Old 04-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55R2014 View Post

What kind of incentives are you seeing out there?
I got 1750 in rebates for my '14
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Check out the deals on new 13's haha around 7K off MSRP
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post
I got 1750 in rebates for my '14
Wow! I had to put $500 down to lock in the $1000 rebate. I will definitely be asking for more if its available. The $500 down goes towards the purchase.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP0314 View Post
Check out the deals on new 13's haha around 7K off MSRP
I would have taken a 2013 back in December if they had my options in the color I wanted. They searched all the dealers in a 500 mile radius in CA….nothing.

When I ordered this one, Ford had not built a 2014 with my color and options and did not even have one scheduled to be built. I had to go with the factory order. At least I'm getting exactly what I want.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #15

I can get an extra $500 off by being a farm bureau member, but you have to be a member for 60 days...and I just signed up. So I figure by the time it comes in, It'll be past the 60 days. I'm also hoping to get a $750 private cash coupon before it comes in as well. I don't think they will combine them, but one or the other will be good. In addition to the $1500 cash back through Ford.

I'm sure I could swing a pretty good deal on a 2013 but I'm willing to pay a lil more for a model year newer and to stay local. I'd hate to buy one off the lot 2 hours away and it turn out to be a lemon. Plus it'll be exactly what I want with zero test drive miles and very minimal time spent exposed to the weather.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quote:

I would have taken a 2013 back in December if they had my options in the color I wanted. They searched all the dealers in a 500 mile radius in CA….nothing.

When I ordered this one, Ford had not built a 2014 with my color and options and did not even have one scheduled to be built. I had to go with the factory order. At least I'm getting exactly what I want.
Yeah the 13 I ordered had the must haves but not all the wants but I got a great price on it! I was a little worried about the red candy metallic because o haven't seen it in person but everyone who has commented on here about it says its beautiful so I can't wait for it to arrive shipping to here is a nightmare! Hopefully I will see it in a month 6 weeks is how long it could take though
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #17

Region: Virginia
New 2014 GT Track Pack ordered

I just ordered my 2014 GT (Base) yesterday...very excited! Got the car at invoice, and there is a $1500 cash back incentive on top of that. Also got 20% off a bunch of Ford Racing "packs" (Power and Handling, along with brake duct and tranny scoop). It's Christmas in May for me! At least that's when I hope it comes in.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosoar View Post
I just ordered my 2014 GT (Base) yesterday...very excited! Got the car at invoice, and there is a $1500 cash back incentive on top of that. Also got 20% off a bunch of Ford Racing "packs" (Power and Handling, along with brake duct and tranny scoop). It's Christmas in May for me! At least that's when I hope it comes in.
Congrats and nice score on your order. What color did you order? It may be a exciting long wait….lol. I ordered my base GT on March 14th. I opted for the Track Pack, Recaros, and Security in Deep Impact Blue. I just go word from the dealership that the car is scheduled to be built in the 29th week of this month. I don't know the day yet. Dealer says they may have a VIN and sticker by next week. They tell me it takes one day to actually build the car but 3-4 weeks to get it to the dealership. I'm in CA so I expect the 4 week timeframe. Good luck, I hope it comes soon.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #19

Mine will be Deep Impact Blue also...love that color. Check out my Garage. I don't know when mine will come, but I'm in no big rush. Good luck to you too, keep me posted, pix and all.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mine will be Deep Impact Blue also...love that color. Check out my Garage. I don't know when mine will come, but I'm in no big rush. Good luck to you too, keep me posted, pix and all.
Thats sweet!!. We may have sister cars. Maybe they will be built next to each other on the assembly line. DIB is a color you can't miss. I like that you named your car. I have not thought of doing that….hmmm….may have to think up something. Looks like you are getting the Trackpad and Recaro's too…NICE! I'm "really" in a rush but the wait is killing me. I'm going put some Cortex suspension on it. I have had enough time to plan and save for good suspension. I will probably drive it for about a week before I upgrade.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
I just go word from the dealership that the car is scheduled to be built in the 29th week of this month.
I'm a little concerned I'm missing a few paychecks or could have screwed up my taxes or something...
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
I'm a little concerned I'm missing a few paychecks or could have screwed up my taxes or something...
Ooops, I just realized I miss typed….I meant the 29th day of April for the build…lol.

Wow, I hope thats not the case. I would hate for taxes to screw up your new car deal. Does you dealer need that info for the purchase?
Old 04-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
I think that is a hell of a deal! I ordered mine 2 weeks ago (2014 GT) on the 15th of March. My OTD price will be about $36,200. Mine is a not a Premium. $3000 of that will be tax/title/license. I did opt for the Track Package, Recaro's, and Security System.
Almost exactly what i paid for mine last month. Base model, with same options, but I got a $1500 rebate on top of that, so mine ended up coming in right around $34, 300. So I agree, $33k out the door for a premium is a steal! Makes me want to go back to my dealer and ask what the heck happened???

I did however, get them to pay me almost full kbb value for my 2004 GTO i traded in, so that definitely helped as well.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Almost exactly what i paid for mine last month. Base model, with same options, but I got a $1500 rebate on top of that, so mine ended up coming in right around $34, 300. So I agree, $33k out the door for a premium is a steal! Makes me want to go back to my dealer and ask what the heck happened???

I did however, get them to pay me almost full kbb value for my 2004 GTO i traded in, so that definitely helped as well.
I was thinking the same thing about asking the dealer about the pricing but I will let it ride. For where I am in CA, its still pretty good and in line with Consumer Reports. I wish I had a trade in.

Your mods list looks pretty nice. I'm going to start with suspension before I do any mods under the hood. I will just leave the engine stock for a while.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Either way I think you're getting a great deal! Congrats, I sure the wait is killing you, but trust me its worth it!

And thanks for the compliment. Just waiting for the konis to come, supposed to be here Wednesday, so i can get it all on over the weekend. Cant wait to get rid of that lift kit look lol.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 04-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Either way I think you're getting a great deal! Congrats, I sure the wait is killing you, but trust me its worth it!

And thanks for the compliment. Just waiting for the konis to come, supposed to be here Wednesday, so i can get it all on over the weekend. Cant wait to get rid of that lift kit look lol.
Thanks for your encouragement, I'm sure it will be worth it. The forums and guys like you keep me focused and looking forward to all the stuff possible we can do with these cars. So many choices and parts….lol. I will admit that I'm not a fan of the 4x4 look these cars have from the factory. Lowering will be my first mod. I want it to handle really nice too.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I hear ya, Im just jumping back into the Ford market as well. I had a 2000 Gt about 10 years ago, and since then have been through 2 ls1 trans ams, 2 ls1 camaros, and just got rid of my GTO. I really couldn't be happier with this thing. And the guys on the forum here are great. Very knowledgeable and aren't afraid to give it to you straight lol. Which sometimes is needed in order to make the right decision! For instance now i gotta spend an extra $300+ dollars for an UCA and steel mount, because they told me my pinion angle will be off and cause premature wear with my lowering kit lol. I swear they secretly work for our sponsors! Speaking of sponsors make sure you check out American Muscle for anything you order. They have hands down the best prices, customer service, and fastest shipping I've ever experienced ordering car parts. Plus once you reach 50 posts on here, PM dan or shane and you will receive a special discount code for 6% off all your purchases. Definitely adds up over time!
Old 04-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Thats sweet!!. We may have sister cars. Maybe they will be built next to each other on the assembly line. DIB is a color you can't miss. I like that you named your car. I have not thought of doing that….hmmm….may have to think up something. Looks like you are getting the Trackpad and Recaro's too…NICE! I'm "really" in a rush but the wait is killing me. I'm going put some Cortex suspension on it. I have had enough time to plan and save for good suspension. I will probably drive it for about a week before I upgrade.
I name all my cars for some freak reason. Dunno why, but it is harmless...until someone catches you kissing your car or something! But yes, the DIBlue is awesome. I've had mostly white cars all the time and I almost did the Oxford White this time, but my son insisted on Blue. While he preferred the Grabber Blue, I compromised with the DIB.

I would like it sooner, but I don't really need it until June for a car show in PA, and a few track events for NASA Mid-Atlantic...I think I'll be good. They should submit the order Monday (if not today), and they may try it convert an existing order they have pending.

As far as sister cars, we'll have to check VINs. The production date only will show MM/YY. I believe you can check a website for the date of production based off the VIN, however. At any rate, keep me posted, as I will you...
Old 05-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I name all my cars for some freak reason. Dunno why, but it is harmless...until someone catches you kissing your car or something! But yes, the DIBlue is awesome. I've had mostly white cars all the time and I almost did the Oxford White this time, but my son insisted on Blue. While he preferred the Grabber Blue, I compromised with the DIB.

I would like it sooner, but I don't really need it until June for a car show in PA, and a few track events for NASA Mid-Atlantic...I think I'll be good. They should submit the order Monday (if not today), and they may try it convert an existing order they have pending.

As far as sister cars, we'll have to check VINs. The production date only will show MM/YY. I believe you can check a website for the date of production based off the VIN, however. At any rate, keep me posted, as I will you...
I finally picked up my car this past Tuesday on 5/14. Exactly 8 weeks from order date. The car was built on 4/29/2013. I was so excited. My son went with me and he was so stoked. Gave my girlfriend a ride in it last night (she works out of town) and she loved it. Damn that car is quick with the traction control on….lol. How is yours doing?
Picked up: 5/14/2013
Old 05-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #30

I placed my order exactly two weeks ago. Sterling grey GT premium. I'll be happy if I have it in 6 weeks.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boj311 View Post
I placed my order exactly two weeks ago. Sterling grey GT premium. I'll be happy if I have it in 6 weeks.
Do you have a VIN yet?
Old 05-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #32

I haven't heard anything yet. Did your dealer keep you informed or did you have to call him for updates??
Old 05-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I called him at least once a week for progress check. Hopefully yours is proactive and will update you on his own. I also used another forum that has a Ford Customer Rep that will track your dealer and VIN for you, all the way to shipping it to your dealer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT