DS Intune Bama tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Just did the tune and I am both happy and dissapointed.

Happy because I didn't have any problems loading the tune.

Dissapointd because am only sent me a street an performance tune, no race:/

Idk what happen with am, called to verify but they told me to resend the email with the tuner info
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
Just did the tune and I am both happy and dissapointed.

Happy because I didn't have any problems loading the tune.

Dissapointd because am only sent me a street an performance tune, no race:/

Idk what happen with am, called to verify but they told me to resend the email with the tuner info
Glad to hear you didn't have any problems loading the tune like some have had. I'm sure am will be more then helpful on sending over the race tune. How do you like the street and performance tune? Big difference over stock?
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post

Glad to hear you didn't have any problems loading the tune like some have had. I'm sure am will be more then helpful on sending over the race tune. How do you like the street and performance tune? Big difference over stock?
Well I didn't load the street tune, only the performance, the car has a better reaction and I'm doing 9 mpg comapred to 15 lol
I feel the car faster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 03:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I'm glad it worked out for you. My car is still at the dealership. I'm still waiting for the news.
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
I'm glad it worked out for you. My car is still at the dealership. I'm still waiting for the news.
Good luck man! In what part did your car fail to read, im going to find your post
Old 04-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good luck man! In what part did your car fail to read, im going to find your post
The post is Worst Day Ever!!! DS Intune!!!

It said it wrote the tune succesfully. But it was running like crap and threw the cel and wrench light. So when I tried to restore the factory tune the Intune went into recovery mode and failed to restore it. Diablosport could not help me. So basically my car is at the dealership waiting on a new pcm. Not sure if or how much I'm going to have to pay yet. I'll update that thread soon. Just be careful.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The post is Worst Day Ever!!! DS Intune!!!

It said it wrote the tune succesfully. But it was running like crap and threw the cel and wrench light. So when I tried to restore the factory tune the Intune went into recovery mode and failed to restore it. Diablosport could not help me. So basically my car is at the dealership waiting on a new pcm. Not sure if or how much I'm going to have to pay yet. I'll update that thread soon. Just be careful.
Did you you ever save your back up on the computer?

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Quote:

Did you you ever save your back up on the computer?
I mean was that even a solution if you had saved it

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Well now that i read everything i am a bit worried that they didnt send me the race tune for that reason....
Old 04-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yes I saved it! Diablosport basically said the Intune failed and the only way was to uninstall my PCM and send it to the via UPS and they would force a reflash. But being in Germany there are issues with overnighting packages to the states. So I decided to just take it to the dealership. And apparently the dealer can't just reflash it either.

I didn't trust diablosport enough to send my PCM anyway. Who knows what they would have flashed on there.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes I saved it! Diablosport basically said the Intune failed and the only way was to uninstall my PCM and send it to the via UPS and they would force a reflash. But being in Germany there are issues with overnighting packages to the states. So I decided to just take it to the dealership. And apparently the dealer can't just reflash it either.

I didn't trust diablosport enough to send my PCM anyway. Who knows what they would have flashed on there.
Yeah idk man, i chose them because they are local and a lot of ppl use the here in miami
Old 04-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Just did the tune and I am both happy and dissapointed. Happy because I didn't have any problems loading the tune.

Dissapointd because am only sent me a street an performance tune, no race:/ Idk what happen with am, called to verify but they told me to resend the email with the tuner info
OzzyLiriano,

I'm glad to hear you got your inTune installed and ready to go! I'm not sure why you didn't receive your Race tune, that's pretty odd. However, it sounds like Bama already had you re submit your tune information so we can send you a new Race tune!

Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the future!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

OzzyLiriano,

I'm glad to hear you got your inTune installed and ready to go! I'm not sure why you didn't receive your Race tune, that's pretty odd. However, it sounds like Bama already had you re submit your tune information so we can send you a new Race tune!

Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the future!

-Dan
Yeah i talked to Pat, everything should be perfect soon

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote:

Thanks Dan
Old 04-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Thanks Dan
Awesome! Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the future.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey man was wondering how everything is turning out for you, the other thread was closed, good luck bro!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:15 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah not sure why my thread was closed. I asked but no response. The ford Dealership was able to re flash the pcm but they say it still has a cel and running bad. So they are still working on it. I've been without my car for 6 days now. I'm beyond angry now.

Why would me close my thread I saw an unrelated bs post at the end. I didn't understand it and it looked like a reply to another thread? A glitch?
Old 04-05-2013, 03:31 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Yeah not sure why my thread was closed. I asked but no response. The ford Dealership was able to re flash the pcm but they say it still has a cel and running bad. So they are still working on it. I've been without my car for 6 days now. I'm beyond angry now.

Why would me close my thread I saw an unrelated bs post at the end. I didn't understand it and it looked like a reply to another thread? A glitch?
That sucks man, is there anyway to get DS to help cover some of the expenses? Good luck with getting everything worked out.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO

Ppl were acting like kids on your thread is why it was closed. Some ppl can't stand it when someone expresses a different opinion than there's. If opinions didn't matter, we'd have one color, one set of wheels, one axle back, ect...ect..ect..
Everyone has ther opinions on what looks good or sounds good, we all need to respect those opinions.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I am glad to see you are still posting something somewhere... I don't follow or even read all threads, but yours is very interesting as I am, or was very interested in the DS intune with Bama tune. Now, not really sure! I am not doing a tune for a few more months due to funds. But, have 7000 miles and don't really care about warranty, although there is much wiggle room and can work around what is dealt to me. You, wow! Have a story. I thank you for your post and information. I can't wait to see what will happen in the end. I wish you luck, and want you still to post. Hang in there. You never know who or what you will effect. Good luck!
2013 Green GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:07 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Hey I am glad there is another satisfied DiabloSport guy on here..... Felt like I was getting destroyed by everyone else with SCT. Anyways, OZZY, if you ever need any help or anything, I live in South Broward County. Close enough to Miami. When I get home from this deployment we should go to a show. I usually hit up Tower Shops when I am home off 595 and University Dr on Friday nights. let me know.
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I love my intune! I've done alot of data logging and loaded about 8 tunes on it. Zero problems so far!
Old 04-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I'm thinking of going with the ford racing tune, though I've heard it's subtle. Anyone have any experience with that tune?
Mig44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post
Hey I am glad there is another satisfied DiabloSport guy on here..... Felt like I was getting destroyed by everyone else with SCT. Anyways, OZZY, if you ever need any help or anything, I live in South Broward County. Close enough to Miami. When I get home from this deployment we should go to a show. I usually hit up Tower Shops when I am home off 595 and University Dr on Friday nights. let me know.
Im familiar with that area, hmu im dieing to take my beast to a car show, especially with the x pipe, its time to make some noise at the car shows lol

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig44 View Post
I'm thinking of going with the ford racing tune, though I've heard it's subtle. Anyone have any experience with that tune?
Man i haven't heard anything about that tune that is positive, the intune actually holds 20 tunes, you cant start with a bama tune, once you got all your mods and want a stronger tune, u get a dyno tune. I got the am tune because i have a feeling something big is coming with the 5.0s, eco boost or twin turbo ford kit is bound to happen, hopefully am can provide tunes for w.e is tbe future, but ford tune ia just not worth in my opnion
Old 04-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Cool

[QUOTE=OzzyLiriano;1599985]Im familiar with that area, hmu im dieing to take my beast to a car show, especially with the x pipe, its time to make some noise at the car shows lol

My Car and Truck are just sitting pretty in the Garage until I get home in September/ October. They should be ready to roll when I get back. I'll shoot you a PM when I'm back and we'll meet up at a show somewhere.
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Tune and xpipe today!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Hey guys i have an exhaust leak where the cat delete meets the xpipe, anything i could besides moving around the stock clamp
Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Any news on your situation with the tuner and the way DS handled the situation?
Old 04-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

My car is still at the dealership. All attempts to re flash were unsuccessful. Now they are waiting on a new pcm from the states. I've been without my Mustang since Easter. Diablo sport stopped responding to my emails. I am done waiting on hold to talk to their useless cs. I'm exchanging the intune for an sct. I can't say much more until my car is back up and running again. I'm beyond pissed with Diablo. They can be happy I'm overseas and can't drive to their location because it would be very ugly for them.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My car is still at the dealership. All attempts to re flash were unsuccessful. Now they are waiting on a new pcm from the states. I've been without my Mustang since Easter. Diablo sport stopped responding to my emails. I am done waiting on hold to talk to their useless cs. I'm exchanging the intune for an sct. I can't say much more until my car is back up and running again. I'm beyond pissed with Diablo. They can be happy I'm overseas and can't drive to their location because it would be very ugly for them.
Thanks for the update. I feel for you. I am sure it sucks. I think your situation has pushed me toward not going with the DS intune. Hang in there and please let us know when and how it works out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT