2014 mustang gt clutch promblems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #1

Region: Texas
2014 mustang gt clutch promblems

Hi I'm new to the forum and wanted so insight bought a 2014 gt track pack and I've had clutch promblems since day one at high rpm gets stuck to the floor have to pick up whit my foot that's bad for a car whit 500 miles is thare any ting I could do plz help
Gino5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Take it back.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Clutch Pedal Helper Spring: Thoughts and Technical Details - SVTPerformance
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Take it to the dealer that thing's under warranty. Don't try to fix it yourself.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Man that sounds bad for a new car, take it back
Old 04-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

That's actually been happening a lot on these 5.0s. I'm not sure what the exact fix is on it, but I would take it to the dealer to have them check it out. I've seen them get stuck on the track alot though and it's super scary I would imagine. From what I understand it always will come back out when the rpms come down a little, so maybe it's related to engine/trans torquing?
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
That's actually been happening a lot on these 5.0s. I'm not sure what the exact fix is on it, but I would take it to the dealer to have them check it out. I've seen them get stuck on the track alot though and it's super scary I would imagine. From what I understand it always will come back out when the rpms come down a little, so maybe it's related to engine/trans torquing?
I thank all of u 4 the info I took it to the dealer today and they said It might be a bearing or pressure plate in the clutch so we will find out tomorrow now to cars got 1500 miles on it Everybody says to wait to see if it was breaking and I couldn't wait anymore I took out the clutch helper spring and the clutches really flimsy but it's acting a lot better and the clutch did get a lot stiffer but it was still getting stuck to the floor and I was missing second and third year it's so horrible with 1500 miles So ended puting the helper springback in and took it to the dealer
Old 04-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino5.0

I thank all of u 4 the info I took it to the dealer today and they said It might be a bearing or pressure plate in the clutch so we will find out tomorrow now to cars got 1500 miles on it Everybody says to wait to see if it was breaking and I couldn't wait anymore I took out the clutch helper spring and the clutches really flimsy but it's acting a lot better and the clutch did get a lot stiffer but it was still getting stuck to the floor and I was missing second and third year it's so horrible with 1500 miles So ended puting the helper springback in and took it to the dealer
?
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
?
LOL I just chose not too say a word. I hate when I miss second and third year too

@OP I wish ya luck man. I've only had my clutch pedal pull in on me a few times and I always know I goofed driving it because I can smell the clutch smoke. What your describing is just flat out terrible. Shouldn't do that at all.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

LOL I just chose not too say a word. I hate when I miss second and third year too

@OP I wish ya luck man. I've only had my clutch pedal pull in on me a few times and I always know I goofed driving it because I can smell the clutch smoke. What your describing is just flat out terrible. Shouldn't do that at all.
Sorry cant spell so good lol
Old 04-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino5.0 View Post
Sorry cant spell so good lol
haha no worries! Was just funny.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

haha no worries! Was just funny.
ford says the clucth master cylinder is out be ready in. 5 days that's crazy 4 a new car
Old 04-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I also thought the clutch issues were resolved for the new '13s, but have had issues with clutch grind and not shifting properly into 2nd and 3 sometimes. The ford Service nodded his head when I just started to describe my problem and has had other complaints. Told me to just keep driving it and if it doesn't disappear to bring it in and they will "Look at it for me".
Make sure you bring it in soon to avoid maybe a major repair.

Good luck my friend. 2014 Mustang - "What a shame".
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I hate it when that happens. I wonder if it could get worse with more power. Does this mean that the clutch is slipping and not putting the power down? Will a new clutch resolve this?
Attached Images

Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
I hate it when that happens. I wonder if it could get worse with more power. Does this mean that the clutch is slipping and not putting the power down? Will a new clutch resolve this?
My clutch essentially slipping but getting stuck an lock out of 2nd and 3rd the told me master cylinder and u will be fine I don't no about that the motor is awesome not the trans clutch ext

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino5.0 View Post

My clutch essentially slipping but getting stuck an lock out of 2nd and 3rd the told me master cylinder and u will be fine I don't no about that the motor is awesome not the trans clutch ext
I heard spec 2 or ram is pretty good if your gonna put more power Definitely put one of these clutches of a buddy of mine's got a RAM in is 11 and it feels awesome whit a MGW short shifter feels awesome
Old 04-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Very Sad Indeed, when you're waiting so long for your dream car and actually delayed the purchase for years until they redesigned the exterior and improved the interior, of course installed that wondrous 5.0 engine and was to believe they resolved the Getrag mt82 clutch issues where they were locking up or self destructing on the 2011 and 2012 stangs.

ONLY to drive your new loaded '13 Mustang GT Premium/MT
and you can't shift into 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear without hanging up or grinding the gears. I NEVER abuse my car in any way. It is my retirement car where I want to enjoy it's pleasures and it awesomeness and soak up the daily compliments and stares for many years. So now I can't shift gears sometimes and sometimes I have to go back to neutral, because it refuses to shift to 3rd from 2nd while the boy racer Honda Civic is right behind me and it makes me feel like a sap driving a clinker. Whatever, I just hope there is a fix somewhere down the road so I can finally feel like I am driving the ultimate driving machine. WHY should I have to spend more of my money to fix something that Ford put on the production line that was still broken!!
Don't misunderstand me. I am in love with my stang, but I just feel cheated somehow by Ford Motor Company for not really fixing all the problems and just going about their business of selling cars and making profits.
Thanks for listening to my rant!
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #17

It's an issue with the clutch line having too much restriction.

Look at this video.

Look also this thread Hydraulic Line clutch - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
Dineau is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2014 mustang