Clutch pedal extender - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Clutch pedal extender

Ordered Monday afternoon. Received in mail yesterday. Took longer to park the horsey in the sun on the driveway (22 deg. this AM) to warm up the interior than to install it (used the clam shell method). Feels great not having to move the seat back and forth and not kicking the door speaker. Is it worth it? It is to me. Probably costs all of $0.29 to make it, but I'm not the one that had the idea.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I've heard a lot about these and they're supposed to be pretty awesome, maybe I should try one. Links?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I've heard a lot about these and they're supposed to be pretty awesome, maybe I should try one. Links?
www.bondraperformanceengineering.com

Feels great to have the seat all the way back, both driving and getting in and out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I currently have the Roush pedals, would you be able to put the roush pedals on the extension? I can always take the roush pedals back off and put the stockers back on, but this was what held me up buying this before.

I don't really need it, but to sit slightly further back would be nice.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I currently have the Roush pedals, would you be able to put the roush pedals on the extension? I can always take the roush pedals back off and put the stockers back on, but this was what held me up buying this before.

I don't really need it, but to sit slightly further back would be nice.
I would think so. If you were able to put the Roush pedal around the metal plate on the pedal, I would think it'll go around the extension.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
I would think so. If you were able to put the Roush pedal around the metal plate on the pedal, I would think it'll go around the extension.
the roush pedals screw into that petal plate for the pedals. Then gets bolted down. I just don't think they will work.

I tell you what though, an aluminum pedal makes that clutch feel heavier than it really is. The rubber that is used stock is so much more comfortable.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

the roush pedals screw into that petal plate for the pedals. Then gets bolted down. I just don't think they will work.

I tell you what though, an aluminum pedal makes that clutch feel heavier than it really is. The rubber that is used stock is so much more comfortable.
Oops, didn't know that. Like Roanne Rossanna Danna used to say, "Never mind..."
Old 04-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #8

Region: New Jersey
Even the pedals with the metal plates attached (GT Prem?) come off once they are heated up w a hair dryer. A little liquid soap and hair dryer helps installation.
Dondug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
Oops, didn't know that. Like Roanne Rossanna Danna used to say, "Never mind..."
Thanks for letting me know! I'll have to think about that since it will require my roush pedals get removed. haha.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Just to add my opinion... I also used the extension pedal from http://www.bondraperformanceengineering.com/
I am 5'10 and of average size and thought it weird that I needed to move my seat almost all the way forward and have my knees hit the keys on the key ring (not a key chain or anything extra but keys only two on a ring). So, I ordered the clutch extension. Wonderful! Took me a while to get used to it after 10 months without and the install was difficult in the cold. You need a heat gun and/or hot water. On a hot summer day maybe not so much but in 30 degrees even in a heated garage took some time, but well worth it. Yes, a very odd upgrade, but one that helps.
2013 Green GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Green GT View Post
Just to add my opinion... I also used the extension pedal from http://www.bondraperformanceengineering.com/
I am 5'10 and of average size and thought it weird that I needed to move my seat almost all the way forward and have my knees hit the keys on the key ring (not a key chain or anything extra but keys only two on a ring). So, I ordered the clutch extension. Wonderful! Took me a while to get used to it after 10 months without and the install was difficult in the cold. You need a heat gun and/or hot water. On a hot summer day maybe not so much but in 30 degrees even in a heated garage took some time, but well worth it. Yes, a very odd upgrade, but one that helps.
You're right. Once I let the car sit out in the sun a couple hours, it was very easy to take the piece off the pedal (rubber/metal, and the temp. had gone up to 47). I recommend using the clam shell method. I soaked the rubber piece in hot tap water for five minutes.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I think it's a great addition. A pain in the dick to install without a heat gun though. I can move my seat much farther back
MGW SHORT SHIFTER
CDC CHIN SPOILER W/ BLACK BILLET GRILLS
BLACK JLT OIL SEPARATOR
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If you have to keep moving seat up to operate the clutch pedal this extender is a Godsend. It works perfectly and no more moving seat back and forth to get in and out, no more banging you dirty shoe into you door speaker, no more sitting right on top of your steering wheel and people asking you, why do you sit so close to the wheel and cocking your head to turn to you wife who is comfortably sitting back in her seat, etc, etc.
A must have item. Go an order it and you will say where have you been all my life!!
Oh, and it is a royal PITA to get that factory rubber pedal pad onto the extender. You have to heat it in boiling water, hair drying etc, to make the rubber more pliable to stretch it on.
I had sore fingers and broke a tiny blood vessel in my palm when it was all said and done, but boy was it worth it and you forget it's even there within hours and no one will no the better.
PS - I really think that the extender will only except the Mustang factory rubber pedal, unless they now have models for other aftermarket pedals.
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
For some reason I don't notice this problem. Maybe my left leg is longer than my right.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I'm 6'1" and I have no problems putting my seat all the way back for the gas and brake but I have to point my toes to fully depress the clutch. Sitting close makes the rearview mirror and enormous blind spot so I might have to get this.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe in my next life I can sit all the way back without issues. In this life I am 5'-6' and have alway had issues driving all my manual trans cars for over 30 years now, unless I moved the seat up to comfortably extend the clutch pedal down to the floor.
So many times buying a new car I wrestled with the decision over Manual or Auto just so I can finally relax and put my seat back. The manual always won over the auto even though it was an inconvenience, UNTIL now and the mighty Clutch Pedal Extender. Thank You Very Much!!!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
One of my fav mods it helped a lot with me too. I was sitting slants to the left before that because it felt as if the accelerator is much higher than the clutch for some reason. Helped with my shifting a lot.
Xtian85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

To be embarrassing honest, one additional inch on the clutch extender would have probably been ideal for me. The Extender helped me tremendously and I think it's my most useful simple mod to completely enjoy driving my stang, I even wrote the proprietor of the company who invented the Clutch pedal extender saying it could be an idea to have two sizes and I would be his first customer for the 2-1/2 inch pedal.

Much thought went into the actually production size for safety, ergonomics, position in relation to the other pedals, etc, etc, and they settled on 1-1/2 inches.

Maybe if they could make special custom orders for a higher price or whatever. Again, I will be his first customer.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I guess for me the stang isn't that bad after having driven a 2004 350Z for a month. When I was driving that car I literally sat so close to the steering wheel that if the airbag deployed it would hit me long before it got fully deployed. Only way I could get that clutch all the way in.

If I can find my stock pedal covers I might still give this a go! Would be nice to sit a little further back.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Talk about quick delivery. Ordered mine yesterday & recieved it in the mail today. Used the clamshell method & took about 5 minutes. I live near Phoenix & it was in the 90's. No heat gun or soap needed. Haven't really "driven" it yet as I was involved with another project in the garage today. Just readjusting the seat & backing it out of the garage felt sweet though. Wish I had one for my Tacoma pickup.
graystone2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
To when you put the pedal back on, don't follow the instructions. Put the pedal on the extenders first. Open them up just enough to slide onto the clutch. Hope that makes sense. Saved me a LoT of pain
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Drove to work last night with the pedal extension installed. 40 mile roundtrip. As far as getting used to it. A non issue. Having the seat back further made the shifter fall into place, not to mention getting in & out was noticeably easier. I'm 5'10" and have driven manuals for the last 40 years so, not a noob to three pedal cars. Swallow your pride if you think this is for chicks or wimps. A great addition & like Midnight said. "probably only cost 0.29 to make", but then I didn't think of it either. lol My wife is about 5' 3" & sits right up on the wheel. I'm thinking she's gonna like this addition too, if I ever give "her" car back to her.
graystone2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Pics of it anyone ?
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Hello AcornSmoke,

Just go to their Website "Bondra Performance Engineering" and you can get all the info and some pictures of the Clutch Extender for the Mustang, Corvette, and Camaro.

I have to reiterate and give my 5 star recommendation to this product. Finally after compensating all my life driving manual transmissions, I can now fully enjoy the ride and convenience of driving like a normal driver.

If you feel you need an extender to make your driving more pleasurable and sit back in your seat some more. Just order it and you will not be disappointed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT