Does any one no of a good place 4 a tune in Houston - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Does any one no of a good place 4 a tune in Houston

Got a 2014 Mustang GT track pack nd was wondering if anybody in the Houston area knows of anyone that could do a really good tune and Dyno it and put in intake can do some performance work don't really know anybody in Houston-area I would love some insight and some knowledge of somebody who knows are done work here in Houston area
Gino5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino5.0 View Post
Got a 2014 Mustang GT track pack nd was wondering if anybody in the Houston area knows of anyone that could do a really good tune and Dyno it and put in intake can do some performance work don't really know anybody in Houston-area I would love some insight and some knowledge of somebody who knows are done work here in Houston area
I new to the area and I just don't want anybody working on my car I wanted some insight to see if anybody has ever done any work. In houston if somebody could let me know I sure would appreciate it
Old 04-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Until your heavy on the mods, a dyno tune would probably not gain you anymore than a handheld tuner w/email tune would.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Until your heavy on the mods, a dyno tune would probably not gain you anymore than a handheld tuner w/email tune would.
Although the power difference wouldn't be very different, I would have to say that having it professionally tuned by a good tuner is a much safer bet than a hand held. Handheld tunes are quite cookie cutter one size fits all so you could potentially be running too lean or rich. My car has idling problems that would be fixed with a dyno tune, just don't have the money for it or I would get it done.
angelofrat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofrat42 View Post

Although the power difference wouldn't be very different, I would have to say that having it professionally tuned by a good tuner is a much safer bet than a hand held. Handheld tunes are quite cookie cutter one size fits all so you could potentially be running too lean or rich. My car has idling problems that would be fixed with a dyno tune, just don't have the money for it or I would get it done.
Or you can make logs of your car running and send them to the company that does your tuning and they can further tailor the tune for your car.

I don't recommend a dyno tune until you have finished with the car. Else wise your sinking money multiple times to get it tuned. You also have to find a good tuner for mustangs. Around me I mostly have shops that work on GM cars and they cannot tune mustangs for anything.

Plus, when I got my car dyno run at the local speed shop they were amazed at how smooth my Bama tune was and how perfect the A/F was.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Or you can make logs of your car running and send them to the company that does your tuning and they can further tailor the tune for your car.

I don't recommend a dyno tune until you have finished with the car. Else wise your sinking money multiple times to get it tuned. You also have to find a good tuner for mustangs. Around me I mostly have shops that work on GM cars and they cannot tune mustangs for anything.

Plus, when I got my car dyno run at the local speed shop they were amazed at how smooth my Bama tune was and how perfect the A/F was.
Is thare a shop just 4 a tune I don't want a mail order tune and I want ya intake 4 now
Old 04-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino5.0 View Post
Is thare a shop just 4 a tune I don't want a mail order tune and I want ya intake 4 now
This is your best option...

JLT CAI and Bama Tuner (11-14 GT) 38018||3015||62030||CAI-FMG-11 - Free Shipping!

This is an EASY do it yourself, I will help you if you need help. You will spend alot of money at a tune shop...When you start adding cams, blowers and turbos...thats when you need to tune you whip. For now this is you best option...and it dose not have to be this set up, there are many others out there. If you come out to the meet tonight I will talk with you about it. I have been tuning diesels the last 8 years and I am just getting back into cars...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofrat42

Good tuners are rare.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Good tuners are rare.
Can't come out to night ponies in the shop 4 master cylinder ready on tue mabe wed thank for the info I Appreciated

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT