Traction Control - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post
Is the 2011+ traction that intrusive?

On the 3V, I leave it on all the time and it will only kick on under HEAVY spin. Otherwise, as long as the car is straight and it doesn't sense any twist, it will spin the tires in 1st and 2nd without the TC kicking in.

Stock for stock I know the 5.0 is another level of power so that, coupled with ever changing safety regulations, it is more of a nanny?
Yeah it is...it kicks in when I drive up the hill I live on and a few times has caused me to almost stall as it bogged down the engine so bad. I always turn it off before driving up this hill. The funny thing is I don't have traction problems on the hill so I don't know what it is doing.
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I sort of look at this differently. Yeah, cars have a lot of power today compared to yesteryear and that makes them dangerous if mishandled but, they also have a lot more tire, brakes and chassis, plus heavy passive safety like airbags, etc.

The cars I gre up driving had way more power than their other systems could handle, even with the feeble engine output at that time. e.g. my '68 Mustang with optional 11" disc brakes up front or my Fox Mustang that would do one hard stop and then its rotors would be warped like potato chips.

I don't find TC/SC too invasive compared to some but, I have a BBP car and its onset limits are adjusted.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii
Is the 2011+ traction that intrusive?

On the 3V, I leave it on all the time and it will only kick on under HEAVY spin. Otherwise, as long as the car is straight and it doesn't sense any twist, it will spin the tires in 1st and 2nd without the TC kicking in.

Stock for stock I know the 5.0 is another level of power so that, coupled with ever changing safety regulations, it is more of a nanny?
I notice no difference between this car and my 05. I've done 360* power shifting to 3rd gear before and it didn't help.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Yeah it is...it kicks in when I drive up the hill I live on and a few times has caused me to almost stall as it bogged down the engine so bad. I always turn it off before driving up this hill. The funny thing is I don't have traction problems on the hill so I don't know what it is doing.
That doesn't sound right.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post
That doesn't sound right.
I'd have to show you pictures it is a really windy very uphill road. 45 degree uphill turns etc. The mustang isn't the only car i've seen suffer on this. A few friends cars kick on the traction control and so does my 2007 Tundra. It is like it anticipates that I shouldn't have traction or maybe the way the car takes the turn. I dunno, all I know is I don't have problems going up this hill with traction control off, but on my 2007 tundra and my stang they both lag and jump and have issues going up when the TC is on.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

TC is just super-low traction, like ice, specific, you can blow through it easy, that's not its job.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

I'd have to show you pictures it is a really windy very uphill road. 45 degree uphill turns etc. The mustang isn't the only car i've seen suffer on this. A few friends cars kick on the traction control and so does my 2007 Tundra. It is like it anticipates that I shouldn't have traction or maybe the way the car takes the turn. I dunno, all I know is I don't have problems going up this hill with traction control off, but on my 2007 tundra and my stang they both lag and jump and have issues going up when the TC is on.
My buddies challenger does it in his driveway on snow. Lol I tell him to fix it he has to jack the radiator cap up, and pull a Ford under it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #43
cmd
Registered Member
Regular

That sounds odd. I drive mine all year round. In the winter on snow tires it only intervenes if I lean on it. The only other time I have seen it is making a turn onto a bumpy road. It doesn't like that and intervenes. Is your traction light flashing the whole time?
cmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd View Post
That sounds odd. I drive mine all year round. In the winter on snow tires it only intervenes if I lean on it. The only other time I have seen it is making a turn onto a bumpy road. It doesn't like that and intervenes. Is your traction light flashing the whole time?
Talking to me? If so yes when making those turns with it on. Same with the tundra the light is on the whole time. They truck had beastly traction too.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
When you have your car tuned, does it effect the TC? That is something I have been wondering do a while. Mine has only engaged on my dash a couple of times.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
When you have your car tuned, does it effect the TC? That is something I have been wondering do a while. Mine has only engaged on my dash a couple of times.
No, it does not.
MGW SHORT SHIFTER
CDC CHIN SPOILER W/ BLACK BILLET GRILLS
BLACK JLT OIL SEPARATOR
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Hell I'm 51 and still have those moments, they just don't last as long.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Hell im 18 and ive got a '13 GT. Im paying for part of it and getting help on the rest from my parents. The only reason they are is cause i got a college scholarship worth more than the car. Anyway im too scared to take the TC/SC off on the car, i value it too much. I do however want to know what the sport mode does on it. To turn it on you press the brake and hit the TC button 2ce. All i can tell though is that it locks the steering into sport. is there anything else that it does though. the manual for the car says that the TC/SC are still on in sport mode but i would think it does something for the car.
And as an 18 y/o i will say that i have shown off in the car a few time but its never for more than a few seconds. My license will get suspended if i get another ticket so i cant really do much w/ it.
jkattchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkattchee View Post
Hell im 18 and ive got a '13 GT. Im paying for part of it and getting help on the rest from my parents. The only reason they are is cause i got a college scholarship worth more than the car. Anyway im too scared to take the TC/SC off on the car, i value it too much. I do however want to know what the sport mode does on it. To turn it on you press the brake and hit the TC button 2ce. All i can tell though is that it locks the steering into sport. is there anything else that it does though. the manual for the car says that the TC/SC are still on in sport mode but i would think it does something for the car.
And as an 18 y/o i will say that i have shown off in the car a few time but its never for more than a few seconds. My license will get suspended if i get another ticket so i cant really do much w/ it.
I think you're gonna get some flak.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
It gives you a more play before it kicks in. It says for sure in the manual. Also, props on the scholarship.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I dont really mind. I almost sealed a '58 Vette
And i actually have not gotten in trouble w/ the car. It was in an Infiniti sedan i got my tickets. I was more careless in that.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Your the exact kinda kid who shouldn't have a stang....I've had 3 tickets in my life ever at 24. One ticket away from loosing your license at 18?!

Who cares what kind of deal you have with college. Your obviously not responsible.

Now that is done. Your answer is the sports mode kicks in the traction control when it feels you have truly lost control of the car.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Actually im 2 away. And i one was cause i was late for a meeting w/ a tutor. The other i was just passing a car on the freeway. And anyway the car gets sold if i get in any trouble w/ it so i have to be responible w/ it.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Actually im 2 away. And i one was cause i was late for a meeting w/ a tutor. The other i was just passing a car on the freeway. And anyway the car gets sold if i get in any trouble w/ it so i have to be responible w/ it.
Lol....I had a job at 16 to pay for a car and had college %90 free. I still stand behind what I said. With the money I saved going to college my parents could have gotten me a mazerati and come out cheaper....
Old 06-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

I dont disagree. Its a miracle i have this car, its still surreal to me that my parents agreed to help me out with it. The reason i got it though is cause i have proved to my parents that i am more responible than my older brother, who failed out of Engineering at UT because he partied too much. Where did you go?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post

You're talking about the steering feel. Just go ahead and try different modes. Sport mode is tight. Little to no play in the wheel. For long highway drives, it can require a bit more muscle. Normal is just a combination of sport and comfort. Comfort is more of a luxury car feel. Less force require to turn the wheel, a bit easier on the hands for long drives.

As far as traction control goes, I always turn it off along with stability control, unless its a wet road and I don't feel like messing with it. That being said, I also drove a dirt modified race car for 5 years at a local track, so I know a thing or two about driving. If Ford didn't put TCS on these GT's, we'd be seeing more Mustangs wrapped around telephone poles and in ditches...and probably more body bags. IMO, anyone under 25 shouldn't be driving a 420hp car on the public roads. Sorry to those I offend by that, but when I was between 18 and 25, I did a lot of dumb stuff. Thankfully I never got myself or anyone killed. I raced a guy once and spun out on a 4 lane highway. The only place I race and drive fast is on a track...otherwise you'll see me in my GT driving like an adult.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

http://youtu.be/ajKNJiExjXM
Ehh idk I'm 17 and drive a 13 5.0 and have turned the traction control off once, was pulled over once (no ticket for obstruction of licence plates) done 1 small burnout and bearly ever speed. That being Said I payed for 90% of my car and value it more then anything else in my life to know what to do and what not to. Sure ill go rip through the gears once a wile but I wolnt weave between traffic on the turnpike or stupid stuf like that. Just keep in mind there's SOME responsible young mustang owners
Old 06-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Allit takes is one wrong move and it's all over. I know because I totaled my 09GTCS this winter. Been driving RWD V8's all my life (I’m 35 now). You start toget use to the speed and think you can do things you should do. Well I'm luckyto be here because I wrapped my car around a tree on a blind uphill right. Myown fault was going too fast. Just got caught up in the moment I guess. Anyway,still shook up about it but force myself to look at the pics of my car toremind myself just how quick it can all end. That being said, be safe and enjoyyour mustang within reasons and respect its limits.
2014 GT 5.0 Brembo's and 3.73's. FRPP Shifter, Steeda Intake Bama V2 Tune, Accufab 84.5 TB, Borla S-Type, Lethal Over Axel, JBA X, DSS Shaft, Steeda Panhard, Steeda LCA, Koni Streets, K Springs, GT500 Mounts.
2004 Maxima SE Daily Driver
K2Steeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT