Brake question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Brake question

Hey everyone, I was at the track yesterday with a group of s197 and when say the track I mean a circuit not 1/4 mile... I didnt run my car due to the colder temperatures and not having any tread in the rear so I spectated.... What i wanted to ask you guy and gals is that I was noticing all the mustangs had brake fluid on there rims and everyone was saying this is normal... Is this right do your brakes piss fluid out when they are being pushed?
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry guys just added a msg to bring the topic back to the top
Old 04-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Unless they are bleeding the brakes I don't think that should be normal.
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yeah that doesnt sound good and brake fluid will take your paint off
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That is normal when they push there breaks past there limits...They Brake fluid over heats...if you remember chemistry what happens to molecules when you heat them...They expand, but they have no where to go because they are contained in the brake lines and master-cylinder. Unless they have a pressure release on there brake lines (I doubt they do) they have a serious malfunction somewhere.
I have been around racing for years and I have NEVER seen fluid unless something was broke. Most race tracks have minimal requirements that you have to meet before they will let you run on there course. They have these requirements in place to keep oil/fluids off of the track...they can be a huge safety concern. Oil or antifreeze can cause a major accident...Who ever told you that is normal, needs to get there brake lines checked for leaks....
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

All the mustangs on the track had brake fluid leaking from the brakes it was weird guys... I didnt track mine but 5 munstangs were pissing brake fluid it was weird
Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
All the mustangs on the track had brake fluid leaking from the brakes it was weird guys... I didnt track mine but 5 munstangs were pissing brake fluid it was weird
That's 5 mustangs that need there breaks upgraded...steal braided lines, larger calipers and rotors... Excedra...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Or driver mod
Old 04-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Sounds like caliper failure due to extreme use to me. The factory brakes are barely adequate for normal use. Once the stock brakes get pushed hard, the seals will fail due to extreme heat being generated from continuous use on a circuit.

Think about this, even high end full out racing brakes fail during a race, what you think our stock brakes are gonna do when they get abused?
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegischief View Post
Sounds like caliper failure due to extreme use to me. The factory brakes are barely adequate for normal use. Once the stock brakes get pushed hard, the seals will fail due to extreme heat being generated from continuous use on a circuit.

Think about this, even high end full out racing brakes fail during a race, what you think our stock brakes are gonna do when they get abused?
What have you heard about the brembo pack? Do you think the boss LS brake ducts paired with brembos would keep this from happening?
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post

What have you heard about the brembo pack? Do you think the boss LS brake ducts paired with brembos would keep this from happening?
I'm thinking you might need to replace the brake lines with stainless steel ones too. I'd think the rubberish compound they are using stock has a higher chance of breaking seal under pressure.

Then again, I haven't dabbed in brakes too much and that is one part of the stang I am still learning.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT