Need some advice 2010 gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Need some advice 2010 gt

I've decided to keep my 2010 premium gt.rt now I can't afford a 5.0 rt now ive decided to make daily driver my main ride till its paid off.i know I should wait n trade for one in my position it's best to keep her.anyways I'm planning to make her a beast.rt now all i have is pypes bombs but going to change it get some bbk lt headers an o/r x and stingers.heard on YouTube and sounds awesome.gonna buy a gt500 spoiler fog delete grill hurst shifter better clutch and lowering springs.my question is on wheels.i have my eye on some amr charcoal rims or deep dish bullits and idk what size of tires to look into.should I stick with 19s or 18.of course I want to get them staggered.and sorry i haven't uploaded a pic of her my computers been down and idk how to upload from phone.so any ideas of what size.oh any other performance mods i should add please feel free to share.
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'd honestly put all those funds towards a vortec
Old 04-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Oh trust me I plan to supercharge it later when I have everything to support it.rt now I wanna do the basic bolt ons tune and appearance.but speaking of that could you give some advice if I wanted to make the motor stronger so when the time comes to getting her sc,I want to make sure doesnt break or anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Are you just making a list or buying all this at once?

If buying all at once you could put that money towards a 5.0 haha.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Problem is, you're going to hit a wall on the 4.6 at about the power level a tune-only 5.0 will give you, 450 horse. The stock 4.6 internals just can't take much more than that and you'll spend A LOT of money building up the motor to take any real power.

The 5.0 will do 600 horse for a good while on the stock internal parts, that's amply proven. You just can't beat that with a 4.6, without an armoured car full of money and the best engine build on the planet.

I'd keep it really nice and stock-ish so that it's worth the most when you go ahead and trade it in on the car you really want.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Problem is, you're going to hit a wall on the 4.6 at about the power level a tune-only 5.0 will give you, 450 horse. The stock 4.6 internals just can't take much more than that and you'll spend A LOT of money building up the motor to take any real power.

The 5.0 will do 600 horse for a good while on the stock internal parts, that's amply proven. You just can't beat that with a 4.6, without an armoured car full of money and the best engine build on the planet.

I'd keep it really nice and stock-ish so that it's worth the most when you go ahead and trade it in on the car you really want.
Well said.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Making a list but was gonna start modding her up real soon.and I see where you coming from.I only say I was gonna keep her because honestly shes my first car I started my credit on and have had her when she was 6900 now shes at 21800 at a year.my credit is good but not strong enough(not enough trade lines).and was told I'd be upside down on my loan(cosigner as well).so that's why I was gonna keep her n just finish what I started.but I have drivin the 5.0 and all I can say is WOW.totally felt the difference.maybe ill just get the full exhaust and tune.i don't race but just the power of the v8 is fun for me.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post
Making a list but was gonna start modding her up real soon.and I see where you coming from.I only say I was gonna keep her because honestly shes my first car I started my credit on and have had her when she was 6900 now shes at 21800 at a year.my credit is good but not strong enough(not enough trade lines).and was told I'd be upside down on my loan(cosigner as well).so that's why I was gonna keep her n just finish what I started.but I have drivin the 5.0 and all I can say is WOW.totally felt the difference.maybe ill just get the full exhaust and tune.i don't race but just the power of the v8 is fun for me.
It's apparent u really like your car and u should, u can still have a lot of fun with it... Obviously it's not a 5.0 and your well aware of it, plus u said your not gonna race it... A good tune and a full exhaust will definitely be pleasing, I'd say go for it
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Unhappy

Yea shes my baby like my other gt was(rip haha)but since I'm paying own stuff to me is more best to keep a budget.although its not a 5.0 shes still fun to punch it mess with ricers and fish tail i don't regret it.and I get where nosympathy is coming from makes more sense but not now.tille then can y'all provide some input on a good rim/tire size to make an aggressive stance when I drop her
Old 04-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've decided to keep my 2010 premium gt.rt now I can't afford a 5.0 rt now ive decided to make daily driver my main ride till its paid off.i know I should wait n trade for one in my position it's best to keep her.anyways I'm planning to make her a beast.rt now all i have is pypes bombs but going to change it get some bbk lt headers an o/r x and stingers.heard on YouTube and sounds awesome.gonna buy a gt500 spoiler fog delete grill hurst shifter better clutch and lowering springs.my question is on wheels.i have my eye on some amr charcoal rims or deep dish bullits and idk what size of tires to look into.should I stick with 19s or 18.of course I want to get them staggered.and sorry i haven't uploaded a pic of her my computers been down and idk how to upload from phone.so any ideas of what size.oh any other performance mods i should add please feel free to share.
Post some pics of your 2010! I'm also from San Antonio with a 2010 GT!
FORDuhl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ill try to post some tomorrow hopefully.wish there's was a way to post from phone.what part of sa
Old 04-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ill try to post some tomorrow hopefully.wish there's was a way to post from phone.what part of sa
I'm normally always around 281 and bitters
FORDuhl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are u using the iPhone or Android app? It should be pretty easy if your using that
Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea shes my baby like my other gt was(rip haha)but since I'm paying own stuff to me is more best to keep a budget.although its not a 5.0 shes still fun to punch it mess with ricers and fish tail i don't regret it.and I get where nosympathy is coming from makes more sense but not now.tille then can y'all provide some input on a good rim/tire size to make an aggressive stance when I drop her
Haha well I was looking at you doing all that stuff at once and I was like wait...how can you not afford a 5.0? Haha.

The end of the day, what really matters, is that you are happy with what you drive. We may mess with you since your the "little" brother but long as you enjoy what you have.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I have an iPhone but didnt see an option unless there's an me app.and yea i enjoy her everyday.i would like a 5.0 but rt now financially is not the rt move but could only afford what I want for her which is full exhaust times n tires and a lil apparance.but can y'all provide on the the best tire size i should get.im going 19s but staggered.so 19x9.5 front and 10s in back just want a size tire to make her stance mean
Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
I have an iPhone but didnt see an option unless there's an me app.and yea i enjoy her everyday.i would like a 5.0 but rt now financially is not the rt move but could only afford what I want for her which is full exhaust times n tires and a lil apparance.but can y'all provide on the the best tire size i should get.im going 19s but staggered.so 19x9.5 front and 10s in back just want a size tire to make her stance mean
I hear ya. I would love a 5.0 but also decided to keep my 10 and mod her out. 245/45/19 is what I have as my tire size all the way around. So if your wanting to stagger I would put 275/40/19 in the back
HERGTSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is an ME app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT