What to do next - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #36
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Lets refrain from the name calling, and badgering

When you solicit opinions, you'll get them. Granted, sometimes they are not what you want to hear. However, name calling is never permitted.

Lets go back to topic.
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I think it looks pretty good except for the roof vinyl. I can understand doing a blue car's roof black but I can't get myself to like the blue roof. But besides the blue. I think a chin spoiler would look great.

I also put an Eleanor style grille on mine to move the fogs in and I get a ton if compliments on it. At first I was on the fence about it but that's always what people comment on first, especially when comparing it to the guy I work with who has a stock grille.

Basically, either the chin spoiler or grille would look great. I have both so I say do both also lol.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #38
Road Trip!

The graphics would look much better if they were matte black. Blue 5.0 emblems would be nice. I would really take all the blue off though and just do subtle accents.

The 302 emblem isn't spaced evenly within the graphics and it looks pretty tacky on a 5.0. Not to mention it looks like this.... 3 0 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
The graphics would look much better if they were matte black. Blue 5.0 emblems would be nice. I would really take all the blue off though and just do subtle accents.

The 302 emblem isn't spaced evenly within the graphics and it looks pretty tacky on a 5.0. Not to mention it looks like this.... 3 0 2
Agreed. It looks like a mismatched mess. Subtle accents are best for this car. The cars that win car shows are not crazy mess of random things haha.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
So I'm at a standstill . I want to finish off appearance and be done with it . I know some will say remove some blue and il listen to that just say what part I'm not taking it all off lol I wana do decent in a show one day that's the goal . So what else can I do ? I was thinking centering fog lights , chin spoiler ( idk which) and maybe rear window louver ? Just want to do something appearance wise . My hood got put on hold as guy who was Guna buy stock one backed out so now I would have no where to put it so can't order one
Get some wheels
Old 04-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #41
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I believe he already has 13' GT500 replicas

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I believe he already has 13' GT500 replicas
I thought he got the AMR? At this point he is changing things daily tho so who knows
Old 04-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Haha I have Amrs on it now . And I do want to remove some blue just cost so much to see if I liked it but that's why I got vinyl not paint . No harm no foul can take it off when ever . I really don't know what direction to go some say take off the sides other the roof lol

But I'm not upset just want real advice not o it looks dumb or w e lol I agree blue needs to come off . But the grill and wing are my fav parts so maybe roof or hood . Also will a rear window louver work with my side scoops?
Old 04-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
For what it's worth, you have the EXACT same stripe scheme as a Laguna seca but blue instead of red. You're going to get slack for the 302 emblems, so expect that. You did right by the wheels, but anything you do at this point as far as blue goes is going to be too much. You need to start spending your money on other things than appearance now, before it starts looking just tacky. Try going for straight performance now and suspension.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
All the blue isn't exactly my style but it's not my car so you do what you want on that. I will add that if it were me I would change up the badges and either go no badge or back to a 5.0 badge. Just a piece of advice is to never ask for opinions especially if you don't have thick skin. Gotta adopt the it's my car ill do what I want attitude.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #46

Region: California
Quote:
Haha I have Amrs on it now . And I do want to remove some blue just cost so much to see if I liked it but that's why I got vinyl not paint . No harm no foul can take it off when ever . I really don't know what direction to go some say take off the sides other the roof lol

But I'm not upset just want real advice not o it looks dumb or w e lol I agree blue needs to come off . But the grill and wing are my fav parts so maybe roof or hood . Also will a rear window louver work with my side scoops?
I've been keeping an eye on the changes you've been making, and thought to myself, "oh god, what is this guy doing to his car?" But, then again it's not my car, so my opinion doesn't really matter. However, you're asking so I would say change the hood and roof back to black. And I don't know if it's possible, but could you move the 302 badge slightly to the left so its centered in the boss stripe? I thought that badge was really clever but it looks kinda off to me. Idk just my opinion.

But overall I like your creativity with the appearance. I definitely haven't seen any other mustang out there like it. Don't let the haters get you down. Obviously they don't know the difference between constructive criticism and insult. But, at the same time, it's the Internet, so you have to expect some idiots.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks and I think I will take off hood and roof next weekend then leave the wing grill and sides will be Nicley accented then and still unique . The boss badges are hard to move cuz il have to get new 3m tape but maybe badge less will be better . I'm getting front windows tinted 20% on Monday . The grill is next and chin spoiler . But my big question will rear window louvers work with my scoops? Lol I've always thought they looked amazing on black cars . Thanks all and yes suspension is next but I don't track it all that much so slowly il get there
Old 04-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111
Thanks and I think I will take off hood and roof next weekend then leave the wing grill and sides will be Nicley accented then and still unique . The boss badges are hard to move cuz il have to get new 3m tape but maybe badge less will be better . I'm getting front windows tinted 20% on Monday . The grill is next and chin spoiler . But my big question will rear window louvers work with my scoops? Lol I've always thought they looked amazing on black cars . Thanks all and yes suspension is next but I don't track it all that much so slowly il get there
I personally like louvers on all the windows with side scoops. I've thought about doing it myself.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Well I meant with my quarter window scoops I kno alot of cars that have rear window louvers have quarter louvers as well. I have the Eleanor louvers which are scoops would it look ok still?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I say focus much more of your time and efforts on what you like and put much much less stock in other people's opinions and advice. While it is sometimes good to know what others opinions are, at the end of the day its your car, your pride and joy, and you are the one footing the bill for all of it. So if it makes you happy as it sits and you are pleased with the appearance, by all means leave it that way and be proud to own/drive it. Just my two cents, take it for what thats worth.....probably not even .02.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I went back on mine.Just liked this badge better......Car looks better since you got some wheels on it. What sizes did you go with?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	101599   Click image for larger version

Name:	020.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	947.4 KB
ID:	101600  

2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 04-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
I went back on mine.Just liked this badge better......Car looks better since you got some wheels on it. What sizes did you go with?
Your car look's bad *** man. Black always looks good nice and plain.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

19x8 19x10 I love the black but that's why I have vinyl and not paint i can go back to that . But I do like standing out . And I think some rear window louvers and taking off hood and roof vinyl is next and adjusting 302 emblems
Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
Your car look's bad *** man. Black always looks good nice and plain.
Thanks man!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #55
Road Trip!

Quote:
19x8 19x10 I love the black but that's why I have vinyl and not paint i can go back to that . But I do like standing out . And I think some rear window louvers and taking off hood and roof vinyl is next and adjusting 302 emblems
Here is my idea,

Leave the vinyl on the grill,hood and wing. Take everything else off.
You car will has a sense of flow. Now your all over the place. Go back to black 5.0 emblem.

Get the rear louvers if you like. I like them but, They don't seem to hold up well after awhile. I had looked in to them when I got my car.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah at least it's not painted on. You got some good things going on man. I would make a few changes,but yes it's sharp dude. Are the wheels AMR gloss black? How do they hold up not showing fine scratches after washing? Just curious. I haven't been on here in a good while so thats why I don't know what wheels you went with.Sizes sound good!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks and that's the plan il take off the hood and roof vinyl this weekend . I'm Guna make a thread to see if anyone has a rear window louver I think adding that the new grill and just accents will make it look better . Maybe remove sides just sucks threw alot of money away . At least it's not paint
Old 04-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Well so far so good I really like the gloss look
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4009035275.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	457.3 KB
ID:	101619   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-32197535.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	601.1 KB
ID:	101620  

Old 04-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks and that's the plan il take off the hood and roof vinyl this weekend . I'm Guna make a thread to see if anyone has a rear window louver I think adding that the new grill and just accents will make it look better . Maybe remove sides just sucks threw alot of money away . At least it's not paint
Your throwing money away because you keep rushing into things... I wouldn't buy anything you mentioned for at least two weeks. If you still want them buy them. Your going too buy them and then take them off in a few weeks if you don't.

Slooooow down.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

I love avenged"s car I think that's his name on Here this looks sick
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1689596621.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	101624  
Old 04-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Your throwing money away because you keep rushing into things... I wouldn't buy anything you mentioned for at least two weeks. If you still want them buy them. Your going too buy them and then take them off in a few weeks if you don't.

Slooooow down.
Haha I know just had so much done to my last pony I wana make this one on a whole different level that's all thanks and I won't be ordering til 1st just window shopping lol
Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #62
Road Trip!

Quote:
I love avenged"s car I think that's his name on Here this looks sick
You suck, You just made me want those louvers again.

His car is clean looking.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Ya maybe a similar look with grabber blue for me
Old 04-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I would just take the hood vinyl off i like everything else and i think your car is good as it is maybe a chin spoiler but other than that i think you would have to much going on and itll take away from your car go to performance mods nothing better than have a bad *** car that out its money where its mouth is
Old 04-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

This weekend te vinyl will come off il step back and evaluate I think the roof would look out of place by its self so il prob take it off to .

And to be honest when I can il be putting a whole body kit on it probably the stalker kit . So I can do my rear window louver and grill or my hood . Like mentioned earlier I'm going to sit on it for a while
Old 04-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post

Here is my idea,

Leave the vinyl on the grill,hood and wing. Take everything else off.
You car will has a sense of flow. Now your all over the place. Go back to black 5.0 emblem.

Get the rear louvers if you like. I like them but, They don't seem to hold up well after awhile. I had looked in to them when I got my car.
I agree with this 100% the C Stripe and the 302 badges are not flowing right... It makes the car look like its going thru an identity crisis... Any random person would see it on the road would see that and they wouldn't be sure if its a real 5.0 or sixer... When I see a modern 5.0 with the right badge, it make a bold authentic statement
Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

I just got some custom Ground Control coilovers to accent the blue... just saying.
The saying, "less is more", is taken into affect here. It looks like you have money burning a hole in your pocket!! lol I'm all about expressing yourself thru your car so if you were to keep it as is would be completely reasonable. Honestly, I would take all the blue off your car other than your hood decal. There are too many lines with the blue (if that makes any sense). The spoiler being grabber blue is really not my thing, you should try flat black with that. Those are my 2 cents.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20130409_160826.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	444.4 KB
ID:	101651  
Old 04-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Those look sick and I'm taking off roof and maybe hood I'm good with everything else thanks but once again I like those lol
Old 04-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

I love avenged"s car how would something like that look in blue but keeping grill and my hood style
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1579386445.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	101766  
Old 04-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I love avenged"s car how would something like that look in blue but keeping grill and my hood style
It would look great in blue, only if done exactly like his. Avengnd's car is a perfect example of how to pull off a two tone with black and a bright color. It's tasteful, subtle, but still demands attention. Your car on the other hand is confused, disorganized, and crying for help. You went to far bro, and the only shows you'd ever place in would be some Hot Import Nights Crap. Throw on some blue NOS stickers and some blue underglow neons, add a bumpin system all fiberglassed out and filling the trunk. Paint that all blue and you'd get Best of Show for sure. Your car only fetches compliments because people don't have the ba11s anymore to tell people how they truly feel to there face. Bring your car around some of the old school muscle car guys I know, or even some my other friends and you'll get laughed at. Not trying to be mean, just being honest and giving a opinion that we were all asked for. Good luck to ya, you'll get it right one of these days, even if you have to copy someone else's style.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT