2014 GT first mods - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
2014 GT first mods

Just placed my first order for the 2014...Roush Axlebacks, Roush Front Splitter, JLT black oil separator(out of stock.. ), 5.0 floor mats and trunk mat. That should hold me off for a few weeks lol. Waiting for email from MGW for when the shifter is in stock then a trip to Augusta to get it installed. Got my eye on the Roush suspension as well, but that I'm putting off for a while along with the Boss xbrace and rear seat elimator kit. For these roads and my driveway, stock(track pack) seems ok for now. Wife says the stock splitter is only about an inch off the driveway when entering/exiting.
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Great 1st mods and congrats again on the Stang!! Looks like your gonna have to do some modding to your driveway so that u can lower in the near future :-p
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Great 1st mods and congrats again on the Stang!! Looks like your gonna have to do some modding to your driveway so that u can lower in the near future :-p
Yeah like find a new house with a flat driveway lol. And a 3 car garage so I can fit both cars and have a man cave But I have my priorities straight get new mustang then get mods first find new house later. Lol
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf102770 View Post

Yeah like find a new house with a flat driveway lol. And a 3 car garage so I can fit both cars and have a man cave But I have my priorities straight get new mustang then get mods first find new house later. Lol
Haha I am looking at buying a house and believe me a must is a garage and a driveway I won't scrape my car on.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Haha I am looking at buying a house and believe me a must is a garage and a driveway I won't scrape my car on.
I love what you did with your rear GT emblem. Did you just mask off the letters, and plasti dip it? Looks great.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Just realized that didn't make sense haha how'd you get the red GT lettering?
GrabberBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlueGT View Post

I love what you did with your rear GT emblem. Did you just mask off the letters, and plasti dip it? Looks great.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Just realized that didn't make sense haha how'd you get the red GT lettering?
Thanks. I purchased a 2013 deck lid off another member who took his off. He had painted it that way.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Thats so funny about the driveway, my wife and i recently found a house she fell in love with and as soon as i pulled in the drive way i had to get out and measure my clearence to accomodate my suspension i will be adding in a few weeks. I looked at her and was like ahhh i dont know about this house! Lol and the look of sadness came hahaha, we ended up getting the house anyway, i sure hope i can make the suspension work. Nice add-ons btw! Should keep you busy for a little bit

Borla Exhaust Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZpnBuQiag

GT500 Muffler sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkGKwxQkTc8
Filth and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth and Fury View Post
Thats so funny about the driveway, my wife and i recently found a house she fell in love with and as soon as i pulled in the drive way i had to get out and measure my clearence to accomodate my suspension i will be adding in a few weeks. I looked at her and was like ahhh i dont know about this house! Lol and the look of sadness came hahaha, we ended up getting the house anyway, i sure hope i can make the suspension work. Nice add-ons btw! Should keep you busy for a little bit
Well, I know I'm not moving any time soon (granddaughters live 3 cul-de-sacs away). But when my son-in-law built their house, he had the curb cut down to be level with the street when they poured the driveway. A neighbor retrofitted to the same at a very reasonable price. I'll be doing it in a few weeks. Hopefully by the time I'm done with the suspension.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post

Well, I know I'm not moving any time soon (granddaughters live 3 cul-de-sacs away). But when my son-in-law built their house, he had the curb cut down to be level with the street when they poured the driveway. A neighbor retrofitted to the same at a very reasonable price. I'll be doing it in a few weeks. Hopefully by the time I'm done with the suspension.
Yeah I would but the HOA doesnt permit changes to curbing for driveway...yet. newish neighborhood and the covenants are so strict. Have to get approval to plant a flower in the back yard that has a 6ft privacy fence around it. If the housing market gets back up a little bit where I dont have to worry about short selling to get out of here, ill be building on a lot where I can control the driveway and any changes I want made to the floor plan such as larger than standard sized garage so there wont be any issues with room to open doors or do the light work I dont mid doing on my vehicles.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I was one of the first in the subdivision. The covenants state a lot if things you can't do. A week after moving in I had satellite TV put up. Wasn't supposed to. Once it was up the HOA made some rumblings about putting a lien on my house. One letter from my attorney was all it took for the matter to be forgotten. Same for leaving vehicles on the driveway, now I have a truck, a crossover and the Pony. The truck sits on the driveway .

I guess it helps the son-in_law is on the architectural committee
Old 04-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
I was one of the first in the subdivision. The covenants state a lot if things you can't do. A week after moving in I had satellite TV put up. Wasn't supposed to. Once it was up the HOA made some rumblings about putting a lien on my house. One letter from my attorney was all it took for the matter to be forgotten. Same for leaving vehicles on the driveway, now I have a truck, a crossover and the Pony. The truck sits on the driveway .

I guess it helps the son-in_law is on the architectural committee
Yeah. We put our dish for directv on a post in the back yard even though the covenants call for roof mounting. I also emailed about a fence and had a response same day but other neighbors who went the correct route of sending written notice by mail were waiting up to 6 months. But when it comes to taking a jack hammer to the curbing in front of the driveway they would go ballistic. One neighbor widened his driveway with cobblestones so he could park his pickup and wifes car side by side and still open the doors and it caused a stir. Thats better than just parking half in the grass in my opinion but they dont say anything about that. The garage is a one car...kinda. I could fit a 2 door jeep wrangler in it and have just enough room to walk around to the door...the mustang sticks out so that the garage door wont go down lol.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

I was fine.....until I lowered it. Now I have to back in to get the clearance right. Added bonus though, looks mean looking in to my garage from the street. I sometimes leave the door open for the neighbors to enjoy as they drive by.
madGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I hear ya. The outfit that did the jobs comes in with a giant circular saw on a small tractor. You probably wouldn't notice unless you were looking for it. You have to replace the two concrete small slabs next to the curb though.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #14

Region: California
When you bought the decklid off of someone, were you able to put the black decklid and the emblem back on? I have a new emblem for the back but i want to see if i can re-use the black decklid over again. i wouldnt want to buy a whole new one. i have the emblem, i just want to make sure the decklid will fit back on after i take it off.
markdm365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdm365 View Post
When you bought the decklid off of someone, were you able to put the black decklid and the emblem back on? I have a new emblem for the back but i want to see if i can re-use the black decklid over again. i wouldnt want to buy a whole new one. i have the emblem, i just want to make sure the decklid will fit back on after i take it off.
Sorry for the dirty table. In the process of moving and was my only open area. This is my old one I kept to paint myself as the current one I'd peeling a little as it wasn't wet sanded first to rough up for the paint. No biggie though. But yes this goes into the panel and comes apart into three pieces. You can then switch out any piece.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130409_184520.png
Views:	204
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	101588

Name:	ForumRunner_20130409_184545.png
Views:	234
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	101589

Name:	ForumRunner_20130409_184558.png
Views:	230
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	101590

Name:	ForumRunner_20130409_184609.png
Views:	239
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	101591
Old 04-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #16

Region: California
Mustang Evolution - markdm365's Album: 2013
so here i have the new emblem. it fits the 2013 but is made for the 10-12. i can separate it all as i only need the shelby emblem. if i take the current black decklid off, your saying i can put this emblem on and snap it all back on?
markdm365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Nice list of starting mods, you are going to love your Roush axle backs!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdm365 View Post
Mustang Evolution - markdm365's Album: 2013
so here i have the new emblem. it fits the 2013 but is made for the 10-12. i can separate it all as i only need the shelby emblem. if i take the current black decklid off, your saying i can put this emblem on and snap it all back on?
Best to pop out the two pieces I showed in my picture using a plastic trim tool off the surround from thr shelby without seperating them and then use same trim tool to pop the same pieces off the 2013 deck lid then put the new one on with 3M tape.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk stang View Post
Nice list of starting mods, you are going to love your Roush axle backs!
I fell in love with the sound of the Roush Extreme Performance cat backs on my 07, and new as soon as I heard a you tube video of the 5.0 axle backs that I wasnt going any other route. If I could afford it id go full Roush package with sc and suspension
Old 04-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Exhaust on...sounds fantastic..will make a vid this weekend. Still have to install splitter oil separator and get shifter install3d tuesday
Old 04-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Read through the installation instructions for the Roush splitter. Wow there is a buch of cutting to the factory piece... whats up with that??? Why doesnt Roush just mold an entire new piece instead of having to cut/modify the stock piece to fit with their new splitter?? Oh well I guess thats the next project I will tackle. Going to MGW to get shifter installed Tueday!!! Weekend will do the splitter. Then make some exhaust videos for comparison between stock and Roush.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:02 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

First Mods Also

2014 Mustang GT 5.0
Whiteline Panhard Bar and Brace
Whiteline Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
Whiteline Lower Control Arms
Barton Short Throw Shifter and Bracket
Ford Racing M5300K Ford Lowering Springs 1.5" Drop F/R
Ford Racing M18000A Shock Strut Kit
Ford Racing M18183C Front Strut Mount
California Pony cars Hood Strut Kit (Competition Orange)
Auto Trim Design Competition Orange Stripe Kit
Chrome Ford Racing Coil Covers
Competition Orange Shift Knob with Black Stripes and 5.0 in Black
Ford Racing Front Lower Control Arm Brace (Competition Orange)
Eleanor Style Quarter Window Scoops
Side Scoops
Roush Axle Back Exhaust

Wanted to add a CAI AirRaid with Tune but do not want to void my 7yr/70k mile extended warranty I hear if Ford wanted to they can refuse warranty if something simple as a tune is done to the car. picture before lowered I add more soon if people want to see no biggie.
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:59 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Roush does it that way to keep the costs down. It's not so much the need to chop up the stock front lip as the way the underside of the stock lip integrates with the factory undertray. To keep that interaction they'd have to double or even triple the cost of the front lip. Just look at the prices of the boss 302 front splitter/lip for an idea of how much roush would have to charge.
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exhaust on...sounds fantastic..will make a vid this weekend. Still have to install splitter oil separator and get shifter install3d tuesday
I like the Roush as well it does sound nice and as you put on mileage it gets better.
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT