Air filters / intakes for 2013 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
Region: Texas
Air filters / intakes for 2013 GT

Looking for an aftermarket cold air intake for my 2013 GT. Looking for any input from owners of 2013 & 2014 GT since these models have the hood vents and I have learned that several cold air manufacturers have had to alter their design or add shields. Thanks!

Charcoal5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: New York
From everything I've read there's really no need for a CAI since the gains are barely noticeable for all the money it'd cost

TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Illinois
I can't speak directly on the 13 needs....but all I can say about adding a CAI is I know that there is absolutely a throttle response gain...the HP gain is overrated unless you also get with a tuner. To me, we'll worth the price and really improves the look of the engine bay.
2011Premium Grabber Blue GT Convertible -GTYUP

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
The Ford intake system is fantastic, absolutely the best that has ever come from the factory. It will actually keep air charge temps slightly cooler under some conditions than an aftermarket cold air. Where the aftermarket cold air shines is in airflow to support higher horsepower.

On the dyno we typically see 9 to 12 horsepower over the stock airbox, mostly above 4,000rpm. A drop in filter is not going to give you any real measureable horsepower.

Ford raised the base HP number in '13 to 420. Because of that, you will only get about 30 with our Steeda Custom Tune & CAI.

Best Regards,

Steeda Autosports
Valdosta, GA & Pompano Beach, FL
Mustang Performance Products
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT