Flowmaster Outlaw Series Axle-Back Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Flowmaster Outlaw Series Axle-Back Exhaust

Well, I just ordered my exhaust. I was back and forth between the Roush and the FM for about 2 weeks now. I went to American Muscle and read all the reviews for both exhaust systems. After reading them all I pulled the trigger on the Flow Masters. I know you Roush guys are gonna dog me on this, but you just did't sell it to me like the Flow Master guys did in the reviews.
The man reason I chose the FM was review after review they bragged about how LOUD the FM are and all of the thumbs up they got driving around. I want my car to sound like a scary muscle car. I want to scare woman and small children when I drive by and I think the FM's will do it.
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Damn i have a 4 month old set for sale... From my 2013 gt
Apod91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Should have read the reviews on the Borlas....Lol.
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I actually went from Outlaws to Roush. They sound so flippin' nasty, but I was always so afraid that I was going to get a ticket with them. Mines a daily driver, so I felt a little more responsible going with Roush lol.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
Well, I just ordered my exhaust. I was back and forth between the Roush and the FM for about 2 weeks now. I went to American Muscle and read all the reviews for both exhaust systems. After reading them all I pulled the trigger on the Flow Masters. I know you Roush guys are gonna dog me on this, but you just did't sell it to me like the Flow Master guys did in the reviews.
The man reason I chose the FM was review after review they bragged about how LOUD the FM are and all of the thumbs up they got driving around. I want my car to sound like a scary muscle car. I want to scare woman and small children when I drive by and I think the FM's will do it.
You're going to love that exhaust set up! Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I currently have outlaws with lethal off road pipes i have a YouTube vid

http://youtu.be/20fTHGjbi2c

There's also a couple more of it with bamacam on I love them!!!
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

http://youtu.be/20fTHGjbi2c

Old 04-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
I actually went from Outlaws to Roush. They sound so flippin' nasty, but I was always so afraid that I was going to get a ticket with them. Mines a daily driver, so I felt a little more responsible going with Roush lol.
I read several reviews about the Roush exhaust saying the same thing...Most of them complaining about a drone or it being to loud...I like it loud, I want to piss off all my neighbors When I read the FM Reviews there were severl that had switched from Roush to FM, so I guess it just depends on what you like. I know it is not as loud as my truck was. 6.7 Cummins with a 5" Turbo back exhaust... straight pipe all the way...That was loud. Mine is a daily driver too...until I can find me a little junk truck to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post

2011 mustang off road pipe - YouTube

That sounds nasty I know the video doesn't do it justice. I will post up when I get them installed.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ya my iPhone kinda sucks they are able to be heard about 6 blocks over lol
Old 04-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

OK, I got the axle backs installed last night and all I can say is, WOW! That is what a mustang should sound like!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I run the outlaws. They will mellow out - a small amount - after you've had them on for a while. It's still pretty loud. I get many compliments while sitting at lights from guys who wanna tell me how good it sounds and ask after the new 5.0

Thus far, no bad attention from the cops. I live in an apartment complex so I imagine I piss off my neighbors a little, but I try not to be an ******* about it by being louder on purpose. It's still damned loud on a coldstart though.

For me, the Roush was too raspy - I felt like it was too tinny of a noise for my exhaust. It did have less drone though. In comparison, the Outlaws are a full throated burble/roar, but you get that thrum at 2k rpms at 65mph that might bother some. I prefer it to my radio, but that's me.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust