00-03 BMW E39 M5 vs. 11-14 Stang Gt - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #36
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I've always loved mustangs, I've owned about 6.5 of the last 8 yrs I've had my DL, but as soon as I picked up that mag and read the article I knew I would have one

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I was dead set on buying a 370z until I saw that article and drove one. Always liked stangs but driving my uncles 350Z always wanted one.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I was dead set on buying a 370z until I saw that article and drove one. Always liked stangs but driving my uncles 350Z always wanted one.
I was actually gonna pull the trigger and get the 370z!! I got laid off at the time, 2010 Mustang was the one at the time, 5.0 wasn't out at the time... I guess it was a blessing in disguise, I'm so happy it worked out the way it did!! I love my car!! That Motor Trend video of the Mustang vs. M3 basically made my new car decision a no brainer
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

I was actually gonna pull the trigger and get the 370z!! I got laid off at the time, 2010 Mustang was the one at the time, 5.0 wasn't out at the time... I guess it was a blessing in disguise, I'm so happy it worked out the way it did!! I love my car!! That Motor Trend video of the Mustang vs. M3 basically made my new car decision a no brainer
Haha when I was looking at the 370Z I wasn't quite there with the money but the same thing. 5.0 wasn't out yet. Then I saw that article. If I'd have had the money at the time I'd be driving a 370Z.

I feel bad because some days I see the 370Z and have a small tinge of regret but I know I would have regretted getting the 370Z a lot more. There are a lot of downsides too that car.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Haha when I was looking at the 370Z I wasn't quite there with the money but the same thing. 5.0 wasn't out yet. Then I saw that article. If I'd have had the money at the time I'd be driving a 370Z.

I feel bad because some days I see the 370Z and have a small tinge of regret but I know I would have regretted getting the 370Z a lot more. There are a lot of downsides too that car.
Before the Mustang I was a real Nissan fan, my last 2 cars were Nissans and I was dead set on the new Z... Mustang was my 1st American car, these modern muscle cars are so cool now, other cars just blend in
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Before the Mustang I was a real Nissan fan, my last 2 cars were Nissans and I was dead set on the new Z... Mustang was my 1st American car, these modern muscle cars are so cool now, other cars just blend in
Nissan makes good cars too, and right there with ya. Between seeing the GT-Rs rolling the streets and the older 350Z I felt the 370Z was rare but I see them everywhere. I really don't see the 5.0 often.

I liked the after market aspect of the mustang. With the 370Z it was really just intake, suspension, exhaust and you were done. There is no real making it "yours" besides rims.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:12 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
German engineering is amazing handles nicely and smoothly but the expenses on them is ridiculous
My mom rear ended someone in her s550 cost about 2,200 to repair for a 10 mph hit because an LED light went out
It's bull****
Your 18 and so am I I would rather get mustang gt than m5
Georgeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:03 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

No....2011 5.0 beat the 2011 M3 on an autocross track...just read motor trends issue where they faced off. They call the M3 the winner because it was "elegant" around the track but the mustang beat the M3 through most of the corners and of course the straight ways. Motor trend just has a heavy bias against Ford. The mustang could have lapped the M3 by 30 seconds and it still would have been called the loser.

The M3 was never far behind, doesn't change the fact it was still behind.

Know what that tells me? A mustang with 2K in suspension that is still 20K cheaper than the M3 would demolish it on the track since the stock mustang suspension leaves a lot to be desired!
My business partner of 3 years ago bought an m3 the same week I bought the 5.0. We were on the highway and the rivalry began. Motor trend was right.

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Quote:
I LOVE the 370z... Easy target. Raced a dude from a dig and a roll multiple times and it had nothing, both stock.

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 AM ----------

Quote:

I really want a GTR alpha 9 ...very badly, other than that, mustang all the way lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT