Just ordered my suspension stuff! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Just ordered my suspension stuff!

Cant wait to get it on the car! I went with the Koni Str.t shocks/struts, steeda ultralite springs, j&m camber plates, and j&m adjustable panhard bar. Wanted to knock everything out at once instead of buying the shocks or camber plates later.
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
fastmustangs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 541
Wonder if youll need a bump steer kit??
__________________
fastmustangs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
I think i will be ok for now, as the car is my daily driver and wont see the track at all. Mainly doing it just for a nice mean stance. I do plan on adding some adjustable LCAs, probably later this year.
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT
I think i will be ok for now, as the car is my daily driver and wont see the track at all. Mainly doing it just for a nice mean stance. I do plan on adding some adjustable LCAs, probably later this year.
You might want to add an uca to your list to correct the drive shaft pinion angle.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Another item i do plan on adding. Will i be causing alot of damage to the car in the meantime without the ucas?
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Another item i do plan on adding. Will i be causing alot of damage to the car in the meantime without the ucas?
Nope. I am dropped lower than you will be and still haven't gotten around to the UCA. Doing that soon though. Soon as my tax refund hits.

You just don't want to do that forever.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Nope. I am dropped lower than you will be and still haven't gotten around to the UCA. Doing that soon though. Soon as my tax refund hits.

You just don't want to do that forever.
Great thanks for the quick answer. And i hear ya, this was my bonus check haha.
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT
Another item i do plan on adding. Will i be causing alot of damage to the car in the meantime without the ucas?
Won't really hurt anything, just cause some undo wear.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Another item i do plan on adding. Will i be causing alot of damage to the car in the meantime without the ucas?
Depends how much and how hard you drive it. I would do it sooner than later. While you're down there you might as well replace the mount too, since it's stamped steel as well and every bit as bad as the UCA itself.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Agreed with everyone on here. Replace the uca with an adjustable one and replace the stamped steel mount. Shortly after (or at the same time) I would replace the lcas and get some lca relocation brackets.

Uca with help correct pinion angle, proper angle for a street car is -2.5 to -3*
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Depends how much and how hard you drive it. I would do it sooner than later. While you're down there you might as well replace the mount too, since it's stamped steel as well and every bit as bad as the UCA itself.
Thanks for the info. It looks like a set of ucas will be my next mod. Hopefully i dont hurt anything driving it like this for a few months, until the fiancé lets me spend some more money on it haha.
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Thanks for the info. It looks like a set of ucas will be my next mod. Hopefully i dont hurt anything driving it like this for a few months, until the fiancé lets me spend some more money on it haha.
There is only one UCA, it's three-link suspension. I doubt you'll hurt anything unless you're repeatedly hammering on it over and over.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
There is only one UCA, it's three-link suspension. I doubt you'll hurt anything unless you're repeatedly hammering on it over and over.
Good deal, thanks again! Ill just try and take it easy for the next few months
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Good deal, thanks again! Ill just try and take it easy for the next few months
I wouldn't even worry about it too much. If you flog it here and there you'll be fine. I just wouldn't let it go any longer than I have to. BTW - stock up on booze when you order the UCA and mount. You're going to need it.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
I wouldn't even worry about it too much. If you flog it here and there you'll be fine. I just wouldn't let it go any longer than I have to. BTW - stock up on booze when you order the UCA and mount. You're going to need it.
Is it really that bad of an install? My good buddy used to be a diesel tech for ford, so he usually helps me out with my bigger projects. Unforutnalty he is working for a landscaping company now, working on all their equipment so I wont have access to a lift anymore, but I will atleast be able to use his air tools.

Whats the worst part of the install? Just getting everything to line up? Do you still need to drop the gas tank a bit to get to the mount?
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #16
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
The biggest pain is tightening the mount bolts in the tiny space of the driveshaft tunnel
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
The biggest pain is tightening the mount bolts in the tiny space of the driveshaft tunnel
Gotcha. I read through the Steeda install guide. Doesnt look to incredibly difficult. Seems the space is the biggest challenge. Might have to get the lady down in the garage and borrow her tiny hands for a bit to atleast get the bolts started lol.....on second though, nevermind, Id be paying that favor back for a year. Rather take the scrapes/cuts on my hands
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
jayman33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 515
Get a whiteline UCA, easy to adjust, quiet and the least expensive of the bunch. I've installed a few WL, super easy.
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Get a whiteline UCA, easy to adjust, quiet and the least expensive of the bunch. I've installed a few WL, super easy.
How is it easier to install? I agree with Grabber that the only tough part was the bolts on the bottom of the mount in the driveshaft tunnel. I did mine with the over-axle pipes loose (I was replacing my mid-pipe at the same time), and that helped a lot. I think it would be a lot harder with the whole exhaust connected.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post

How is it easier to install? I agree with Grabber that the only tough part was the bolts on the bottom of the mount in the driveshaft tunnel. I did mine with the over-axle pipes loose (I was replacing my mid-pipe at the same time), and that helped a lot. I think it would be a lot harder with the whole exhaust connected.
Yeah I don't see how either. Gonna stick with BMR myself.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Yeah I don't see how either. Gonna stick with BMR myself.
I run UPR myself. I didn't think BMR made a replacement mount?

Not trying to call Jay out - he's a stand up guy and I've ordered stuff from him before. Just curious how anyone could make that easier.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post

I run UPR myself. I didn't think BMR made a replacement mount?

Not trying to call Jay out - he's a stand up guy and I've ordered stuff from him before. Just curious how anyone could make that easier.
They sure do make a replacement mount. Plus all my other stuff is BMR.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:04 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.