Starting problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Starting problem

As some may know I have a 2010 gt premium stock except pype bombs but will be modding real soon but I have this starting problem.diesnt happen all the time but it does happen and want to know if its common or what can be done to fix.every time I turn the key not all te way I let the needles do its rt to left.98%it starts rt away but has it times were has a lag to start.itll start but has that lag or delay.hoepfully y'all know what I mean by that.ive taken it to ford for they said they ran test on everything but nothing.anyone know of this
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post
As some may know I have a 2010 gt premium stock except pype bombs but will be modding real soon but I have this starting problem.diesnt happen all the time but it does happen and want to know if its common or what can be done to fix.every time I turn the key not all te way I let the needles do its rt to left.98%it starts rt away but has it times were has a lag to start.itll start but has that lag or delay.hoepfully y'all know what I mean by that.ive taken it to ford for they said they ran test on everything but nothing.anyone know of this
First check your battery...make sure it is not going out on you. You can go to Autozone and they will do a battery and alternator test for free. If the battery is ok, double and triple check all of your battery cables, make sure your (-)negative (Black) ground is secure to the battery grounding terminal and to where ever it is bolted to the motor block. Insure that there is no corrosion on the battery terminals, you can use a wire brush and some WD40 to get them clean.
If this doesn't help you might have to have Ford run a diagnostic on it to see what it is doing. There are so many relays and security features on these newer cars it is hard to say what the problem could be. Maybe you will get lucky and someone here on the forum has had the same issue and can help you.

Hope this helps
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well I've had the battery replaced before cause its happend but not in along while.just the recent i took it back they said they took out the battery ran test and they also "said" they ran test on the car to see if put any codes and nothing.i just want to put a tune on it and something worse happens.hopefully within the next 6 7 mths ill be able to trade her in for a 5.0.thanks for your input ill go to autozone check there too
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT