5.0 down but not out - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Angry 5.0 down but not out

So going to work this morning, i see car ahead swerve real fast, then i see a car on the wall sticking out into my lane. I brake hard, get it down and just as i am about to go around the car, i get rear ended , wich makes me swipe the wrecked car with my drivers side.

I have never had to deal with repairs like this, every time i have been in a wreck, the car has been total loss. I don't think this will be the case this time. Insurance has already told me to take it to their collision shop, about a mile from me. Will they be able to fix anything mechanical, like exhaust or suspension? Right side exhaust is pushed in pretty good. Is the a chance it damaged the headers or motor mounts? So many questions...
I have Allstate, hope they are as good as their commercials say they are...

Oh, and I didn't get hurt, the guy that rear ended me didn't get hurt, but the guy that was driving the car that was against the wall was running around screeming and crying how bad he is hurt and needed a " Ammalance, Ammalance" Kept screeming, get me a Ammalance...

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Man that's all bad. Looks like its going to be out for a while. At least insurance will cover and it and glad everyone's ok. Hopefuly the guy yelling was too.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Aww brotha, sorry to see that. Man, you've got a sharp lookin 5,0 too. FYI, your insurance shouldn't be coving your repair. The guy that rear ended you should. It's not a total loss. Mine has looked worse and they've repaired it.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Man that's all bad. Looks like its going to be out for a while. At least insurance will cover and it and glad everyone's ok. Hopefuly the guy yelling was too.
I woulda shoved my foot up that guys ***! Screaming for an ambulance... Sheit, I'll bet he'll be screaming for a lawyer before the ambulance gets there.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Haha I knw right what a chump
Old 04-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I woulda shoved my foot up that guys ***! Screaming for an ambulance... Sheit, I'll bet he'll be screaming for a lawyer before the ambulance gets there.
Yep.. He was putting on a big show IMO. and he wasn't screaming for an ambulance. He was screaaming fo a Ammalnce

My insurance said i could take it in to get fixed now, pay my deductable, then when they get the money from his ins, they will refund me. Or I could wait a couple weeks until the investigation is done, and deal with his ins myself.

I'm taking her to the shop in a few hours, let my Ins take care of it all. They can fight with his Ins. I want her back on the road ASAP.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Good idea! Hopefully they won't drag *** on the repairs.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I have been with allstate for 15 years. They have been there for me threw thick and thin...You are in good hands They will take care of you, just make sure the shop dose not use generic parts...make sure they use Ford factory parts and you will be in good shape Glad you are OK
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganDonor View Post
Yep.. He was putting on a big show IMO. and he wasn't screaming for an ambulance. He was screaaming fo a Ammalnce

My insurance said i could take it in to get fixed now, pay my deductable, then when they get the money from his ins, they will refund me. Or I could wait a couple weeks until the investigation is done, and deal with his ins myself.

I'm taking her to the shop in a few hours, let my Ins take care of it all. They can fight with his Ins. I want her back on the road ASAP.
Someone call the amberlamps.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Good idea! Hopefully they won't drag *** on the repairs.
Yea, I would want to get it sorted out asap. Hope the car is up and running in no time.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian View Post
Someone call the amberlamps.

Ha.. haven't hear anyone say it like that.. but man was he screaming Ammalance...

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Yea, I would want to get it sorted out asap. Hope the car is up and running in no time.
Have appointment on Monday with the shop. Soonest they could get me in.
Anyone know if the shops repair the whels? or get new ones?

Old 04-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Have appointment on Monday with the shop. Soonest they could get me in.
Anyone know if the shops repair the whels? or get new ones?
Glad your ok, what a bad situation for :-/ such a nice 5.0... Body shops usually do everything from suspension to certain mechanical, even if they need to get outside vendors to come and do other stuff they don't do... As far as the wheels are concerned, u may just have to get new ones, since they're not factory... If they were factory, they would get repaired and not replaced
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #12
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Yeah, they're not gonna repair wheels. Mine only had a scuff and they replaced them. You might wanna look into upgrading your rear valance. Maybe a Boss valance? Or if you wanna put some money into it, get a '13 bumper and tail lights! That'd be awesome!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Time for upgrades! The boss rear valance can be put on free in most cases and anything that is textured plastic or after market finish (wheels and etc) will be replaced because the body shop can not recreate the original finish.

I had a guy back into my car and poke a hole through my valance and scratch my rear bumper with his tow hitch and his insurance covered me getting the bumper fixed and the boss rear valance free. They even put me in a 2013 Malibu (which I hated) for a week while my car was being fixed.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Already thought of the rear valance... it is cheaper than the original..
Don't care for the 13 bumper, Like the one i had, tail lights too...
For the wheels, I was thinking getting different ones and pay the difference.
For the Roush A/B's, I figure if they could order just one, they wil replace the right one. If they have to order the pair, I think I will have them get the Borla S types and I pay the difference.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
That looks terrible

Sorry to hear about that man! Hope you get her back up running good as new shortly!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
That looks terrible

Sorry to hear about that man! Hope you get her back up running good as new shortly!
That's pretty sympathetic from someone named "nosympathy"
Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I am not always a jerk, just to a select few who I ran off the forums .

I generally am an pretty helpful guy! I also feel where this guy is coming from since two of my newish rims and one of my tires got messed up because of other peoples stupidity.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
Your insurance should pay for your wheels that were damaged, no matter what kind they were!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

He's always been nice to me. Seems like a cool dude. *shrug*

Sorry about the wreck. I wish your pretty car a speedy recovery. Just glad you weren't hurt.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Sorry to see this happen. Keep your head up and I'm sure they fix it up soon.
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am not always a jerk, just to a select few who I ran off the forums .

I generally am an pretty helpful guy! I also feel where this guy is coming from since two of my newish rims and one of my tires got messed up because of other peoples stupidity.
Just busting balls my man.

Besides, on the interwebz...you have to have thick skin to make it on a messageboard. Eventually someone will disagree with you and want to get into a flamewar. So you don't have to be sympathetic (always), but for any 5.0 owner who got sh*t bent in half or totaled....I'll always feel bad for that.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just busting balls my man.

Besides, on the interwebz...you have to have thick skin to make it on a messageboard. Eventually someone will disagree with you and want to get into a flamewar. So you don't have to be sympathetic (always), but for any 5.0 owner who got sh*t bent in half or totaled....I'll always feel bad for that.
I ran two d-bags off this forum. I'd say I have pretty tough skin! I do agree I always hate seeing a damaged stang.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks everyone..... I'll post up pics back on this thread once she's fixed and back on the road.. Figure about a month maybe? I don't think it would be longer than that..

Old 04-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Good luck with the repairs! Sad to see such a nice ride take that bad of a hit.
B52Bombardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks everyone..... I'll post up pics back on this thread once she's fixed and back on the road.. Figure about a month maybe? I don't think it would be longer than that..
Long as the frame isn't bent I don't think it should take a month.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Long as the frame isn't bent I don't think it should take a month.
It looks all cosmetic, hopefully he can get an all around new paintjob so everything matches... If it were my car I would pay the difference so it could be done that way :-p
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

*insert feeling of nausea*

So sorry for you man! My best advice is to have a good dialogue with the adjuster and know your body shop. The body shop can advocate for you too.
Beautiful car BTW.
Keep us updated on progress. I know it's not a question of if I get an issue, it's a matter of when.
Good luck!!
MedxGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

This is so irritating. Seems a lot of places don't work on cars with aftermarket parts. They can't even give me an estimate because they don't know where to get the parts. I tell them where to get the parts and they say they can't get them because they don't have an account with AM. I tell them to give me an estimate as if they were replacing the factory parts and they say they can't do that because the factory parts are not on the car. WTF?

On a good note, At least they gave me a cool rental... LOL

Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like you may have to have an adjuster from your insurance look at the car and figure total cost of repair so they can cut you a check for the parts the body shop won't replace. I figured the body shop wouldn't replace alot of the things, but they do have vendors that do things like wheel repair and things like that so they would use that option. Your roush exhaust could be purchased straight from ford so you will get that back. They had to get me another driver side roush tip because mine was dinged up when I got backed into.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Funny, as we were shopping for my daughter a car, a "Bug" is what she wanted until we talked to a machanic. Then we went to Consumer Reports which led us to her '03 Mustang! We both loved her Mustang so much, I then bought my '07 Mustang. Sorry you have to drive the VW.
B52Bombardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

The Bug will be fine for a couple weeks...Weird, but fine..

Just called Ford dealer body shop, the shop manager told me NO Problem. Assured me he can get her all fixed up. I even asked about replacing the Roush A/B's with Borla S types if I paid the difference and No Problem was the answer. He is sending a flatbed to pick my car up in the morning. Should be back on the road in 2 weeks....

Also just got copy of the police report, Car 1, the one that hit the wall and was crying and screaming for an Ammalance was cited for failing to control speed, DUI and No insurance. The Guy that rear ended me was cited for failing to control speed, this guy has insurance. My Allstate claims person told me he is 100% at fault for my car and his insurance will be paying all repair cost to my car and for my rental. My premium will not go up..

Old 04-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganDonor
This is so irritating. Seems a lot of places don't work on cars with aftermarket parts. They can't even give me an estimate because they don't know where to get the parts. I tell them where to get the parts and they say they can't get them because they don't have an account with AM. I tell them to give me an estimate as if they were replacing the factory parts and they say they can't do that because the factory parts are not on the car. WTF?

On a good note, At least they gave me a cool rental... LOL
It's because they can't mark the parts up.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:52 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Just called Ford dealer body shop, the shop manager told me NO Problem. Assured me he can get her all fixed up. I even asked about replacing the Roush A/B's with Borla S types if I paid the difference and No Problem was the answer. He is sending a flatbed to pick my car up in the morning. Should be back on the road in 2 weeks....

Also just got copy of the police report, Car 1, the one that hit the wall and was crying and screaming for an Ammalance was cited for failing to control speed, DUI and No insurance. The Guy that rear ended me was cited for failing to control speed, this guy has insurance. My Allstate claims person told me he is 100% at fault for my car and his insurance will be paying all repair cost to my car and for my rental. My premium will not go up..

Sorry to hear man! On the bright side you're getting the Borlas, car's getting fixed, premium not going up and you're not hurt. Sounds pretty good to me hahaa
Sharkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

So my car is at the shop being repaired.
Here are the wheels he ordered. http://wheelpros.com/digitalassets/w...e-mmPR1013.png
Question though, my wheels are 19x8.5 from AM with 245/45/19 tires. These wheels he ordered are 19x9. Will i need new tires now?
He also ordered me the GT500 rear valence and these headlights..
ANZO USA | FORD MUSTANG 10-13 PROJECTOR H.L HALO BLACK CLEAR (CCFL) - Headlights

I ordered the Saleen grille from Brenspeed and Vinyl Tints and Raxium LEDs from AM for the front and rear side marker lights, he said he will put them all on no charge since it will all be apart anyway.
I can't wait till i get her back...

Old 04-25-2013, 03:18 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

NICE

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT