Cat delete - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I'm bout to get an o/r x pipe! I got borla s-types and I want them louder lol
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
First person I've ever heard saying they didnt like the borla post o/r x....
I dont like to attract attention to my car. Believe me, for me its perfect now. The Borla is a perfect exhaust for someone who wants to keep their powertrain warranty, but way too loud for an urban area once you have the cats removed.
fun4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

First person I've ever heard saying they didnt like the borla post o/r x....
Dude we need to meet up so I can hear how loud your stingers are with the o/r x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun4me View Post

I dont like to attract attention to my car. Believe me, for me its perfect now. The Borla is a perfect exhaust for someone who wants to keep their powertrain warranty, but way too loud for an urban area once you have the cats removed.
Lol I drive through suburban areas all the time with the s types and o/r x. I just don't gun it later at night. I've been driving to work 3-4 days a week for near 8 months now at 7a.m. and never had a neighbor complain. I as of just recently live in the country and not the suburbs, but still.

I respect you don't want to attract attention but don't agree they are too loud for an urban area.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT View Post

Dude we need to meet up so I can hear how loud your stingers are with the o/r x
Dood you bet. Think I am gonna switch to am H but nonetheless still can happen.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

I live on the outer edge of Chicago. The cops around here are out for revenue. I have the Chicago PD, and 3 suburban PD's within a 1 mile radius of my house. If I lived in the country, I'd running dumps. I love the sound of loud exhaust, if it starts to bother me I just turn up the music. What I dont like is getting pulled over and talking to pissed off cops. I got pulled once w/ the s-types, but the cop was cool(4 mustangs) and made me rev the Borlas. He said I sounded like I was speeding, and just wanted to check my papers(police state?). There are lots of bad guys in Chicago, w/ warrants, drugs, guns, etc. And if you give the police a reason(probable cause) to pull you over, they will, because theres a good chance they will make an arrest and not a "compliance citation".

I have front plates, no tint, and reasonably quiet exhaust.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Hell yea! Your in richwood finally? That's like ten minutes away. Your gonna have to start helpin me work on my car.. haha I pay in beer. And what's the advantage of an h rather than x?
Old 05-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I live on the outer edge of Chicago. The cops around here are out for revenue. I have the Chicago PD, and 3 suburban PD's within a 1 mile radius of my house. If I lived in the country, I'd running dumps. I love the sound of loud exhaust, if it starts to bother me I just turn up the music. What I dont like is getting pulled over and talking to pissed off cops. I got pulled once w/ the s-types, but the cop was cool(4 mustangs) and made me rev the Borlas. He said I sounded like I was speeding, and just wanted to check my papers(police state?). There are lots of bad guys in Chicago, w/ warrants, drugs, guns, etc. And if you give the police a reason(probable cause) to pull you over, they will, because theres a good chance they will make an arrest and not a "compliance citation".

fair enough man, that I can agree with. If you live in an area like that no one can fault you. Around Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky cops don't seem to care one way or the other. I've revved my car not seeing a cop sitting a few cars back because he was kind of hidden to have them drive by and give me the thumbs up.

To be fair, with most driving I am no louder than any semi truck/motorcycle on the road. That and the amount of turbod dodge 2500, Ford F250, etc. onward that just scream bloody murder I am really not that loud. I mean, the exhaust is loud, but no competition for some of the trucks around here.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #78
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Hell yea! Your in richwood finally? That's like ten minutes away. Your gonna have to start helpin me work on my car.. haha I pay in beer. And what's the advantage of an h rather than x?
There is no true advantage between x and h, it a popular theory that the x makes slightly more high end hp and the h make slightly better low end torque, but good luck proving that, the power gains fall well within a margin of error (maybe 2-3 hp or tq variance between the two). It mostly come down to sound, and just like nosympathy, I have been contemplating the switch to an h lately also, but I'm hesitant knowing that LT's WILL BE NEXT ON MY LIST. Lol, I've been saying that I will get them since I got the car, but they have to be next because I've got pretty much every other bolt on installed.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Harrison. Lol. And I don't mind helping you, but select installs will require more than beer. Might need some strippers.

Also soon as I get the H you can buy the X off me if you want. The cat delete pipes will be brand new. Just the x will be used.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Harrison. Lol. And I don't mind helping you, but select installs will require more than beer. Might need some strippers.

Also soon as I get the H you can buy the X off me if you want. The cat delete pipes will be brand new. Just the x will be used.
Haha hmmm if the dollar store has strippers then we got a deal! And sounds good man I'm off every other Saturday sun and Mon.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha hmmm if the dollar store has strippers then we got a deal! And sounds good man I'm off every other Saturday sun and Mon.
Haha I work every Sunday Monday but Saturday always works as I am always off.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Alright, well I guess Saturdays it is then!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Finally put the cat deletes on today with the bama race tune and went from 12.8@111.to 12.5@115
92mustang2.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
What other mods?
What was your 60ft times?
Pics?
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
What other mods?
What was your 60ft times?
Pics?
2.0 60ft I have SR lowering springs , BBK cat deletes, 3in X pipe from pype, Jlt cai and bama race tune oh and 20x9 20x10 nitto 555
Old 05-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92mustang2.3 View Post

2.0 60ft I have SR lowering springs , BBK cat deletes, 3in X pipe from pype, Jlt cai and bama race tune oh and 20x9 20x10 nitto 555

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-440499199.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	413.2 KB
ID:	110195
Old 05-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Good times man! Auto or Manual? What gears?
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
Good times man! Auto or Manual? What gears?
6m with 355 gears
Old 05-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mt Prospect here, NW suburbs. I don't run a front plate, and I'm at legal limit with the tint. Cops here notice the flowmasters (i get thumbs up from em on occasion), but I've not been pulled over for anything yet - and I drive by the police department daily. Could be my veteran plate, maybe not.

Kinda wish I lived somewhere with lax emission laws, I'd love to go catless H with some gt500s. Less traffic would be a bonus, too.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
Mt Prospect here, NW suburbs. I don't run a front plate, and I'm at legal limit with the tint. Cops here notice the flowmasters (i get thumbs up from em on occasion), but I've not been pulled over for anything yet - and I drive by the police department daily. Could be my veteran plate, maybe not.

Kinda wish I lived somewhere with lax emission laws, I'd love to go catless H with some gt500s. Less traffic would be a bonus, too.
Keyword "YET." If you really are a veteran, they probably wont mess w/ you, even if they pull you over. State troopers will pull you for no front plate every time. I would prefer my car to sound slow and be fast, rather than sound fast and be slow.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post

I run a veteran plate, believe me, its worth the extra $40, even tho it shouldn't cost a dime more.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

+1 lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1734820781.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	603.9 KB
ID:	110355  
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT