tire size - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
tire size

So I bought the shelby cs1 rims instead of the Foose outcast and was wondering what size of tires I should be running. They say 255 for the front and 295 for the rear since they are 20x9 and 20x11 but I was thinking wider maybe 315 or 305 also what tires do you recommend that will last at least one summer.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post
So I bought the shelby cs1 rims instead of the Foose outcast and was wondering what size of tires I should be running. They say 255 for the front and 295 for the rear since they are 20x9 and 20x11 but I was thinking wider maybe 315 or 305 also what tires do you recommend that will last at least one summer.
275/315
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post
So I bought the shelby cs1 rims instead of the Foose outcast and was wondering what size of tires I should be running. They say 255 for the front and 295 for the rear since they are 20x9 and 20x11 but I was thinking wider maybe 315 or 305 also what tires do you recommend that will last at least one summer.
I have the same size wheels as you and I run 255s up front and 275s on the rear. I have Nitto motivo tires and then when I drag I go 305 nitto nt05s on the rear.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

I have the same size wheels as you and I run 255s up front and 275s on the rear. I have Nitto motivo tires and then when I drag I go 305 nitto nt05s on the rear.
I run 275's on the rear on my stock 19x8.5's.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

I run 275's on the rear on my stock 19x8.5's.
What are you getting at? Don't know why you quoted me.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
275 is a little too small for a 11" wide rim. I run 275 on my 9" but if you can do a 255 or 265 on your front would look good. 295-305 or maybe 315 rear will be ok. Gonna be expensive rubber.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

What are you getting at? Don't know why you quoted me.
I was sayin 275's are too small for a 11" rim. I would do 275's on the 9" fronts and 305-315 on the 11" rears.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

I was sayin 275's are too small for a 11" rim. I would do 275's on the 9" fronts and 305-315 on the 11" rears.
Aww I see, I must have read the OP post wrong. I have 10' rears
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:45 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bladezx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
275 is a little too small for a 11" wide rim. I run 275 on my 9" but if you can do a 255 or 265 on your front would look good. 295-305 or maybe 315 rear will be ok. Gonna be expensive rubber.
Yeah well the brembo package rims suck and the paint comes off to easily so I'm using those as winter rims since you can't get a winter rim bigger then 17 and that will fit over the brembos so the new rims I'm getting will just be for summer use. I'm just looking for the best tire set up without over killing it. I was thinking of moving up by 10 for front of rear for width
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post

Yeah well the brembo package rims suck and the paint comes off to easily so I'm using those as winter rims since you can't get a winter rim bigger then 17 and that will fit over the brembos so the new rims I'm getting will just be for summer use. I'm just looking for the best tire set up without over killing it. I was thinking of moving up by 10 for front of rear for width
Widest I would go on the front is 9-9.5 max
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Widest I would go on the front is 9-9.5 max
It can be done with the right offset. Will rub a little. The 10" that is.

9.5 is the safe size. I run 285 on 19x9.5 on all four corners and have zero rub.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Yuckooo13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Clemente,
Region: California
Posts: 103
20x9 and 20x10 i run 255 and 285 sumitomo htrz3 good tire not as high performance as some pirellis or nittos but a fair price at 200 bucks for a rear tire and does give very good cornering abilities and launches just fine.
__________________
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I have 19x9 with 275's and my rears are 19x10's with 305's. 295 is definitely on the small side for an 11" rim. Not that it won't work but you could easily go up to 325/335, but like mentioned above, they will be very expensive. My 305's I got a decent deal on at $760 out the door (mounted, road force balanced, and sales tax) for the pair. They are michelin pilot super sports on the rear
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
I just put on Invo 275/35/20 front 295/35/20 rear, and that is on a 9 inch rim upfront and 10.5 rear

With that being said i suggest 275/35/20 front
315/35/20 rear
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I have 19x9 with 275's and my rears are 19x10's with 305's. 295 is definitely on the small side for an 11" rim. Not that it won't work but you could easily go up to 325/335, but like mentioned above, they will be very expensive. My 305's I got a decent deal on at $760 out the door (mounted, road force balanced, and sales tax) for the pair. They are michelin pilot super sports on the rear
Michelen are the best!
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #16
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Agreed
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:49 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
I always liked Goodyears, guy at discount tire talked me into the michelens, I'll never run anything else.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:06 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.