Flush quarter window louvers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Flush quarter window louvers

Does anybody know of a shop that could install the flush louvers in NW Indiana/Chicago metro area? A shop near me didn't want the job because they had not done before. Thanks.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Have you tried yourself? It's a very easy and basic install.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
Have you tried yourself? It's a very easy and basic install.
I would, but unfortunately my back is in bad shape. I suppose I could wait until after the surgery, but I was hoping to have this done prior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post

I would, but unfortunately my back is in bad shape. I suppose I could wait until after the surgery, but I was hoping to have this done prior.
I know all about back pain. I blew out my bottom two discs two years ago and now have sciatic flare ups every now and then. It sucks. I know most dealers can install them. Have you called them by chance?
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Are you talking about the Silver Horse ones which require you to remove the glass entirely?
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

I know all about back pain. I blew out my bottom two discs two years ago and now have sciatic flare ups every now and then. It sucks. I know most dealers can install them. Have you called them by chance?
No, but I'll be calling them in the AM! Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Are you talking about the Silver Horse ones which require you to remove the glass entirely?
Yes. I think it would be a great "Get well soon" gift to myself.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:08 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Please post pictures once you've got them installed please. I'm thinking about getting them too and am stuck on finding a shop to install them since they need to trim the interior panels.
Sharkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkkk View Post
Please post pictures once you've got them installed please. I'm thinking about getting them too and am stuck on finding a shop to install them since they need to trim the interior panels.
I will, the SHR site says for painted louvers to allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Once they're installed I'll post some pix. Got the new tires/wheels installed (a heart felt thank you to my neighbor) yesterday, received most of the suspension yesterday, sans shocks & sway bars.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:30 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you sir! Yeah they list ETA at 4-6 weeks, but that is if you ordered them painted to match your car right? And if you don't mind, could you share the list of parts for your suspension set up? I'm curious because my car desperately needs a drop and I won't be getting new wheels and tires until the stock tires are bald. So I am figuring a parts list for the drop and maybe run 20mm spacers with the stock wheels for the time being (most likely until next summer.)
Old 04-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Koni STR.t konimarket.com, AM said it would be July before they had them back in stock. Strano Parts never answered my e-mail.

FR P-springs from AM. Just want minimum lowering. Est. 1".

FR sway bars. Back ordered AM. IDK if I'll keep them.

Steeda X11 ball joints from AM. I might get a bumpsteer kit.

FR strut upper mounts from AM. Since it's only estimating a 1" drop. If I have to, I'll order CC plates.

BMR LCA's and relo brakets from AM.

BMR UCA, Mount and BMR camber bolts from Stage 3 Motorsports.

Ford strut to spindle bolts from Maximum Motorsports.

Fays2 Watts linkage from shelbystore.com. again, Strano parts never answered my e-mail.

The only shipping I paid was like 28 bucks and some change for the Watts link.

I think that's all.

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Koni STR.t konimarket.com, AM said it would be July before they had them back in stock. Strano Parts never answered my e-mail.

FR P-springs from AM. Just want minimum lowering. Est. 1".

FR sway bars. Back ordered AM. IDK if I'll keep them.

Steeda X11 ball joints from AM. I might get a bumpsteer kit.

FR strut upper mounts from AM. Since it's only estimating a 1" drop. If I have to, I'll order CC plates.

BMR LCA's and relo brakets from AM.

BMR UCA, Mount and BMR camber bolts from Stage 3 Motorsports.

Ford strut to spindle bolts from Maximum Motorsports.

Fays2 Watts linkage from shelbystore.com. again, Strano parts never answered my e-mail.

The only shipping I paid was like 28 bucks and some change for the Watts link.

I think that's all.
Oh, I ordered the louvers painted.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Wow thanks for the extensive list dude, more than what I expected! How much did that run you if you don't mind me asking? Just a ballpark figure is good. I'm asking all these questions because there's just TOO MUCH to do on these cars. So I'd prefer to tackle it with a plan.

I am thinking about having them paint the louvers for me also. Are you doing the install yourself? Thanks for you time to reply man!

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

Oh yeah and let's see some pictures of your new wheels and tires. Unless you're planning on snapping them after you drop your car as well!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I was going to do the suspension in stages, but my back went out... I figured might as well get everything and have that excuse to have it done while I recoup from the surgery.

I posted a couple pix on the wheels/tires forums.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have the entire install kit from SHR if you are interested. Will let it go for 1/2 of what it is on SHR site. Got it from SHR but had window shop do it when my windshield was broken by vandals.

MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was going to do the suspension in stages, but my back went out... I figured might as well get everything and have that excuse to have it done while I recoup from the surgery.

The susp parts were a little bit North of 2700. Wheels/tires just North of 2400. Brakes something like 2200. I will be using the OEM rear calipers either painted or covered depending how the color matches the Baer calipers.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:39 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wish you a speedy recovery so you can get back behind the wheel very soon. And I saw your pics for your wheels. They look awesome, good choice man!

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 View Post
I have the entire install kit from SHR if you are interested. Will let it go for 1/2 of what it is on SHR site. Got it from SHR but had window shop do it when my windshield was broken by vandals.

Hey Mellow,

I don't need the window removal kit but I do have a question for you. How much of the interior panel did they have to trim before they can install the louvers? I'm asking because I'm planning on doing the install myself and don't want to trim too much of the panels haha don't want to go all
Old 04-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkkk View Post

Wish you a speedy recovery so you can get back behind the wheel very soon. And I saw your pics for your wheels. They look awesome, good choice man!

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Hey Mellow,

I don't need the window removal kit but I do have a question for you. How much of the interior panel did they have to trim before they can install the louvers? I'm asking because I'm planning on doing the install myself and don't want to trim too much of the panels haha don't want to go all
Thanks Sharkkk. I didn't like the center caps that came with the wheels. The OEM caps fit on them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT