ETA mid May! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigP0314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pordenone,Italy
Region: Europe
Posts: 77
ETA mid May!

So my 2013 gt with track pack and recaro leather seats will be here in a month and I have decided to go with the borla S type exhaust but can't decide between the cat back r the axel back I will be getting headers when the warranty expires. So would it be a better idea to wait on the rest of the exhaust until then or get the car backs now?

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Oh I forgot to ask if I go with the Borla's what is the difference between the s type system and the 3 inch system I see on American Muscle?
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
A lot of times the best sounding AB on stock headers, are not the best choice when adding headers. Just something to keep in mind. The borlas and roush sound really good with the stock headers. I think the GT500 are the more common choice with lt headers.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP0314 View Post
So my 2013 gt with track pack and recaro leather seats will be here in a month and I have decided to go with the borla S type exhaust but can't decide between the cat back r the axel back I will be getting headers when the warranty expires. So would it be a better idea to wait on the rest of the exhaust until then or get the car backs now?

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Oh I forgot to ask if I go with the Borla's what is the difference between the s type system and the 3 inch system I see on American Muscle?
Congratulations! The 2013 GT is an awesome machine, what color did you go with?

When it comes to exhaust the new 5.0 really sounds sick. I went with the Borla Atak on my 2012 GT and I couldn't be happier! However, when I throw on the long tube headers it may be pretty loud. I think you'll be really happy with the S-Type system.

Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigP0314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pordenone,Italy
Region: Europe
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Congratulations! The 2013 GT is an awesome machine, what color did you go with?

When it comes to exhaust the new 5.0 really sounds sick. I went with the Borla Atak on my 2012 GT and I couldn't be happier! However, when I throw on the long tube headers it may be pretty loud. I think you'll be really happy with the S-Type system.

Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Red Candy Metallic!!!

Thanks Dan, I heard AM has a military discount if this is true can it be combined with the forum discount?
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP0314 View Post
Red Candy Metallic!!!

Thanks Dan, I heard AM has a military discount if this is true can it be combined with the forum discount?
That's awesome, great color choice!

Yes, we do have a Military discount that my CS team can provide you with. However, that code can't be combined with the forums discount. Our ordering system only allows for one discount code per order, I'm sorry about that!

Most importantly, Thank you for your Service and Bravery!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:00 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sharkkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 74
Congrats OP, post pics once you pick her up please!
Sharkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigP0314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pordenone,Italy
Region: Europe
Posts: 77
Don't worry I will post tons when she arrives!!! I have to be one of the most anxious people alive right now! Eta is 11 may but not sure if that is here or the port, if its the port could be up to 2 weeks after that. So you better believe when it arrives the whole world is going to know!

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I can't wait until she arrives and I will post lots of pics!!!
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP0314 View Post
So my 2013 gt with track pack and recaro leather seats will be here in a month and I have decided to go with the borla S type exhaust but can't decide between the cat back r the axel back I will be getting headers when the warranty expires. So would it be a better idea to wait on the rest of the exhaust until then or get the car backs now?

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Oh I forgot to ask if I go with the Borla's what is the difference between the s type system and the 3 inch system I see on American Muscle?
well if you buy just the S-Types now they fit the stock 2.75" OTA pipes. Which then you can do LT headers and a modular shorty X or H and keep the stock OTA pipes. If you go with the catback system it will change the entire piping from headers all the way through the Borla AB to 3".

Gonna be more expensive to do 3" the whole way down the road. Also if you do this and want to change AB your choices are limited for ones with a 3" pipe.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigP0314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pordenone,Italy
Region: Europe
Posts: 77
Thanks! I think I'll go with just axel backs for now and then decide on the x or h pipes later!
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:23 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.