MMD Faux cap covers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
MMD Faux cap covers

I'm just throwing this out there as bait to see what you guys think. AM is selling the rear emblem covers in matte black which I'm sure some of you have seen whilst browsing the site. If not, I'll try to embed a link below. Either way, I was wondering how many of you guys would be interested in those rear emblem covers if they offered a pre-painted version? I've tried private messaging a couple AM reps like Shane and Dan but they don't answer PM's very well as far as if they have them or what not. I know they have the truck antenna covers that come pre-painted and some of us like the monochrome look as opposed to chrome or blacked out. So I figured posting a thread about it would get the idea out there, so anyone could comment on it. I think they could sell alot of the painted to match version because matte black and chrome is way over done IMO
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I love the blacked out look my '14 has since it matches the taillights perfectly, if I could get one without the fake gas cap, I'd love that!
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post
I love the blacked out look my '14 has since it matches the taillights perfectly, if I could get one without the fake gas cap, I'd love that!
RTR rear decklid. All gloss black without the gas cap and has the concave our 13's & 14's have.
Heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
RTR rear decklid. All gloss black without the gas cap and has the concave our 13's & 14's have.
Thanks
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I'm just throwing this out there as bait to see what you guys think. AM is selling the rear emblem covers in matte black which I'm sure some of you have seen whilst browsing the site. If not, I'll try to embed a link below. Either way, I was wondering how many of you guys would be interested in those rear emblem covers if they offered a pre-painted version? I've tried private messaging a couple AM reps like Shane and Dan but they don't answer PM's very well as far as if they have them or what not. I know they have the truck antenna covers that come pre-painted and some of us like the monochrome look as opposed to chrome or blacked out. So I figured posting a thread about it would get the idea out there, so anyone could comment on it. I think they could sell alot of the painted to match version because matte black and chrome is way over done IMO

ZLwhat,

I'm really digging the Pre-Painted emblem cover idea! I think other members would be interested in seeing this become an option, too. This shouldn't be too tough to paint, either. Let me talk to our New Product Team and see what they think.

Keep the suggestions coming, we're always looking for new ideas to bring to the table. I'll let you know how this pans out after we kick the idea around!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Someone stole my faux cap. Had the custom 5.0 in the center.
92mustang2.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92mustang2.3 View Post
Someone stole my faux cap. Had the custom 5.0 in the center.
How did anybody do that?? They're a PITA to remove, was there damage around the area?? Pics??
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

How did anybody do that?? They're a PITA to remove, was there damage around the area?? Pics??
I delete the picture cause it just made me sick .
Had it on there for two weeks max and it was on the night of fun ford weekend in Ennis Tx
92mustang2.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

ZLwhat,

I'm really digging the Pre-Painted emblem cover idea! I think other members would be interested in seeing this become an option, too. This shouldn't be too tough to paint, either. Let me talk to our New Product Team and see what they think.

Keep the suggestions coming, we're always looking for new ideas to bring to the table. I'll let you know how this pans out after we kick the idea around!

Shane
Finally! LOL No I really thought nobody cared other than me about it because I wasn't getting any answers. I know a bunch of guys personally that would own those covers already if they were offered pre-painted including myself. The whole blacked out look is becoming way to overplayed in my opinion so this would help those who agree. I happen to have alot of ideas that I could propose to you guys, but sometimes it's hard to get good ideas out there.

Brad
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
i personally would like an all black one. but my car is blacked out.
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Finally! LOL No I really thought nobody cared other than me about it because I wasn't getting any answers. I know a bunch of guys personally that would own those covers already if they were offered pre-painted including myself. The whole blacked out look is becoming way to overplayed in my opinion so this would help those who agree. I happen to have alot of ideas that I could propose to you guys, but sometimes it's hard to get good ideas out there.

Brad
Thanks for the suggestion Brad! I'm definitely interested in more ideas if you have them. However, I just double checked and I don't have any PM's from you? Are you sure you sent one to me as well?

Either way, shoot me a PM with any other ideas you have. I'd like to take a look!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92mustang2.3

Had it on there for two weeks max and it was on the night of fun ford weekend in Ennis Tx
Why is it you can leave a 30k MC unattended, but not a car. I guess they know ther getting an azz whipping for sure if they get caught touching a bike.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I plastic dipped my faux gas cap. with black car it isn't visible from 15ft away.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:25 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92mustang2.3

Those liquard bastards !
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

« Cluster | Mid pipe? »