All black tinted - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick9550 View Post
Which part? Getting denied or pulling the fuse? There is a sucker born every day and some of them work at auto repair facilities.

You do not have to have side windows to pass inspection but if they cannot test the tint and they think that it is tinted, you may have to get the window "Fixed" before they will pass you.
The fact Texas is a state that hell bent on emissions and tint. I love being in ohio with no Emission checks and would honestly think twice before ever moving to a state that has them.

I think what you did was awesome, putting the windows down and pulling the fuse

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Yikes man! that is a heafty fine for the shop (excess of $25K) and the person that did it will loose thier job. The inspection stickers record what station provided your sticker and well as the technicin and if they do not, you will be ticketed for not having a valid inspection.

I forgot to mention. In Texas the legal tint in 20%. So, no worries here, I am all legal. spent to much time going round a round back in the day...
yeah something tells me most of those guys don't care. Chances of getting caught without cats is slim it seems. Also who is to say you didn't switch out the pipes after inspection? Far as that tech knew you had cats on the car and passed emissions when he tested it....lol
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat
In Texas all you have to do is know someone who is a technician at a dealership and have them write you up for an "under the table" inspection. Or you could go to any of the local "auto repair/taco joints" and they'll do it for you for often 20-25 bucks.
I guess times have changed. In the early 80s, cops nit picked you on everything in Texas.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It's only certain counties in Texas that have emission laws. If I lived 15 miles north I would not be subject to them.
2011 GT Premium Black on Black, Eibach Sportline, Eibach Camber Bolts, BMRAdjustable Pan-hard bar, 19 x 9 Replica Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 275/35-19, GT/CSFront Fascia, C&L CAI, SCT SF3 w/ Bama Tune, Bassani Axle backs.
rick9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I'm glad I'm not in California. The sticker under my hood states that my car does not meet the emission standards of Cali and that is straight off the assembly line.
2011 GT Premium Black on Black, Eibach Sportline, Eibach Camber Bolts, BMRAdjustable Pan-hard bar, 19 x 9 Replica Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 275/35-19, GT/CSFront Fascia, C&L CAI, SCT SF3 w/ Bama Tune, Bassani Axle backs.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick9550
I'm glad I'm not in California. The sticker under my hood states that my car does not meet the emission standards of Cali and that is straight off the assembly line.
Driving also causes cancer, hell so does picking your nose.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Driving also causes cancer, hell so does picking your nose.
+1 RFMAO!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #42
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
You learn to get around the Cali laws, I live in Cali and have no front plate, tinted headlights, tinted tail lights, and no catalytic converters lol.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Very nice!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Tint laws, while understandable from a law enforcement standpoint, are ridiculous. Sure cops don't want to approach a car completely tinted out, for safety reasons, so make it a law that if your windows are tinted and you're stopped by a police officer, windows must be rolled down.

I love this country, don't get me wrong, but we are just subjected to bulls*** laws for money making purposes. In New Jersey, you have to have a front license plate. So they drill holes in the front bumper of a $37,000 car. I pulled mine off and will have the holes repaired. I don't comply with BS laws anymore.
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT
Tint laws, while understandable from a law enforcement standpoint, are ridiculous. Sure cops don't want to approach a car completely tinted out, for safety reasons, so make it a law that if your windows are tinted and you're stopped by a police officer, windows must be rolled down.

I love this country, don't get me wrong, but we are just subjected to bulls*** laws for money making purposes. In New Jersey, you have to have a front license plate. So they drill holes in the front bumper of a $37,000 car. I pulled mine off and will have the holes repaired. I don't comply with BS laws anymore.
I'd love to see you roll that back window down. I may not agree with tint laws but I definitely understand them. I don't want to walk up to a random car on the side of the road and not see what's going on inside.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post

I had a friend who was thrown from a truck and died because they were t boned by car whose headlights were not on at night. He had limo tint on the side and back windows and it had just gotten dark. He did not even see the car that he pulled out in front of and my friend, the passenger, died. These laws have other safety purposes. If you choose not to follow safety laws you are putting your self and other people in danger.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I haven't been back to the states in a few years but how much does a tint job cost these days?
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP0314 View Post
I haven't been back to the states in a few years but how much does a tint job cost these days?
In my area, if there not pulling old stuff off, around 200-300 is about the going rate. You can find cheaper. But you get what you pay for...
Old 04-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yikes man! that is a heafty fine for the shop (excess of $25K) and the person that did it will loose thier job. The inspection stickers record what station provided your sticker and well as the technicin and if they do not, you will be ticketed for not having a valid inspection.

I forgot to mention. In Texas the legal tint in 20%. So, no worries here, I am all legal. spent to much time going round a round back in the day...
The only thing about that is that there is literally no way to prove how long your window a have been illegally tinted. Your windows could be tint less and you could get your inspection. That very next day go and get limo on every window including the windshield and it wouldn't be the techs fault at the place you got the inspection. You don't have to reveal any information to police when you get pulled over and if they ask where you got the tint say you put it on yourself. I've gotten about 15 tint tickets in the last 4 years in Texas because my windows always meter less than 35%. It's not 20%, and it's not even 34%. I've gotten busted for them metering 32% and gotten a ticket for it. I also had my driver window on my 98 meter at 3% once haha
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Are you getting tickets from city cops or state troopers?

You may be subject to stricter city ordinances. I have 35% now which measures around 30% and asked the garage about legal tint and they say as long as it measures at above 20% I'm good were I'm at. Maybe the laws vary by county as well.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you getting tickets from city cops or state troopers?

You may be subject to stricter city ordinances. I have 35% now which measures around 30% and asked the garage about legal tint and they say as long as it measures at above 20% I'm good were I'm at. Maybe the laws vary by county as well.
The tickets are usually from bexar county sheriff or small town police officers like Selma, universal city, or even San Marcos is real bad. The SAPD never messes with me, and I usually get fake receipts that say I fixed the tint and turn those in as proof of getting it "fixed". I've only pulled the tint once and that was when my front windows went past limo on the meter haha.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #52

Region: North Carolina
Very nice looking car OP!
Now get some smoked side makers or tint them too.
redxeyes71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

You have to have legal tint to pass but everyone knows there are ways around that. I had 5% on my old car and never had a problem with the le
kornflake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have a friend with 2% tint all around. Put your face next to his windows on a sunny day and you won't see a thing. In Florida where 25% Is the limit ha
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
I have a friend with 2% tint all around. Put your face next to his windows on a sunny day and you won't see a thing. In Florida where 25% Is the limit ha
I just don't get the point! Doesn't it hinder your ability to drive? Maybe that is why these people don't see my bright red car and almost hit me all the time.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #56

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post
Got my ride blacked out today. My buddy Brad owns a tint shop, Shift Innovations. If you're in New Jersey, this guy does amazing work with the best quality tint. Car looks awesome. Got those Louvers turned around too afterwards.
I have 18% all the way around, here in FL it's 30% in front and 20% in back but I thought the hell with it, your 5% looks really good!
ngrandchamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT