All black tinted - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
All black tinted

Got my ride blacked out today. My buddy Brad owns a tint shop, Shift Innovations. If you're in New Jersey, this guy does amazing work with the best quality tint. Car looks awesome. Got those Louvers turned around too afterwards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4081911405.jpg
Views:	1104
Size:	451.8 KB
ID:	102913   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3038862104.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	480.1 KB
ID:	102914  

Name:	image-1180636339.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	449.1 KB
ID:	102915   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2773844727.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	418.8 KB
ID:	102916  

Name:	image-517284909.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	541.3 KB
ID:	102917  
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Damn that looks sharp!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post
Got my ride blacked out today. My buddy Brad owns a tint shop, Shift Innovations. If you're in New Jersey, this guy does amazing work with the best quality tint. Car looks awesome. Got those Louvers turned around too afterwards.
What % did u go with. And I agree looks awesome!
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Looks good.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Looks great, I believe our cars are twins! What % did you go with, I have 20% all around on mine.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

5% all around! It's a $45 ticket in NJ for having front windows tinted of any %, so why not just black it out! Lol
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Very nice!
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
5% all around! It's a $45 ticket in NJ for having front windows tinted of any %, so why not just black it out! Lol
Lol i hear ya, its a $90 ticket in VA for anything darker than 50%! I would have gone darker myself but I do quite a bit of night driving because of my job, and was worried about visibility
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
looks good bro. i went ahead and got the black 5.0 badge on the side. looks real good. i think you might wanna try it out. ill upload a pic. but your car looks damn sexy. and ive been thinking rear quarter louvers. just didnt know for sure. but looking at yours. i like it. sweet ride.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	103060   Click image for larger version

Name:	blackness.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	103061  

Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Sharp
Alexg2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Looks great, went with 15% here
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2333602298.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	469.3 KB
ID:	103150   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4119293782.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	477.0 KB
ID:	103151  

Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Since we are on the topic, anyone know what the ticket cost is for Ohio for too darkly tinted windows? Thinking I might do 35% shortly which I know is below our legal limit.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Since we are on the topic, anyone know what the ticket cost is for Ohio for too darkly tinted windows? Thinking I might do 35% shortly which I know is below our legal limit.
Personally man, i dont think 35% is noticeable enough. Especially during the day. If you're going to be below the legal limit anyway, why not do 20%?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Personally man, i dont think 35% is noticeable enough. Especially during the day. If you're going to be below the legal limit anyway, why not do 20%?
Ehhh was thinking because of driving at night. 20% is pretty dark. Honestly don't think the cops would care around here. I blew past one driving on the road doing 80 in a 65 and he didn't even look twice.

I might just go darker. I'd like to see a car in person with 20% tint to see what visibility is like.

I am guessing a tint shop can probably show me the difference. There are a few big shops around here that do tints on lambos and Ferraris and such. Might see what they say about it.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ehhh was thinking because of driving at night. 20% is pretty dark. Honestly don't think the cops would care around here. I blew past one driving on the road doing 80 in a 65 and he didn't even look twice.

I might just go darker. I'd like to see a car in person with 20% tint to see what visibility is like.

I am guessing a tint shop can probably show me the difference. There are a few big shops around here that do tints on lambos and Ferraris and such. Might see what they say about it.
That was my main concern to as i do a lot of night driving, and was the only thing preventing me from doing 5% lol. Honestly the 20% is not hard to see out of at all at night. Obviously darker than stock, but very manageable. To be honest i didnt expect the visibility to be as good as it is.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That was my main concern to as i do a lot of night driving, and was the only thing preventing me from doing 5% lol. Honestly the 20% is not hard to see out of at all at night. Obviously darker than stock, but very manageable. To be honest i didnt expect the visibility to be as good as it is.
Thanks for the info! I might just do 20% then. I don't mind paying a ticket the few rare times I might have too.

Can another state ticket you for windows tinted too dark? Or do they have to ignore you since you don't reside in their state.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
They can ticket you in any state, no matter where the cars plated.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks for the info! I might just do 20% then. I don't mind paying a ticket the few rare times I might have too.

Can another state ticket you for windows tinted too dark? Or do they have to ignore you since you don't reside in their state.
No problem, my thought process was that i would have hated to pay for 35% just to realize that i want to go darker lol. Glad i did it right the first time haha.
As for state to state monitoring, that is a good question, and one that I have often wondered myself, since i live 15 min from the virginia/Maryland border where tint laws are much more lenient.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No problem, my thought process was that i would have hated to pay for 35% just to realize that i want to go darker lol. Glad i did it right the first time haha.
As for state to state monitoring, that is a good question, and one that I have often wondered myself, since i live 15 min from the virginia/Maryland border where tint laws are much more lenient.
I drive through 3 states to get to work haha. I drove from Ohio through a few mins of Indiana down into Kentucky. I am pretty sure if I remember right Kentucky is more lenient than Ohio. I have no idea on Indiana.

Just curious. I was talking with a friend of mine the other day and she was wondering the same. She lives in Ohio and drives into Kentucky for the same job. Wondered if driving into a different state gets you in trouble since you don't live there. Seems silly they would do that too me. Since they don't do it with license plates and what not.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I drive through 3 states to get to work haha. I drove from Ohio through a few mins of Indiana down into Kentucky. I am pretty sure if I remember right Kentucky is more lenient than Ohio. I have no idea on Indiana.

Just curious. I was talking with a friend of mine the other day and she was wondering the same. She lives in Ohio and drives into Kentucky for the same job. Wondered if driving into a different state gets you in trouble since you don't live there. Seems silly they would do that too me. Since they don't do it with license plates and what not.
It would be stupid for them to ticket u with out of state plates, put I wouldn't put it past them... I have 35% and wouldn't go any darker, I like my visual mods to be subtle... This is the 3rd day after I got my car new, looks dark here for some reason
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3637677722.png
Views:	206
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	103172   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4179393818.png
Views:	191
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	103173  

gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

20% is not that dark dude. I have 20% all around. I see fine at night.
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
They can ticket you in any state, no matter where the cars plated.
see that doesn't make sense too me. That means that everyone and their brother that drives from Kentucky into Ohio will get tickets since having a front license plate in Kentucky is not required by law, but it is in Ohio.

I understand when it comes to obeying traffic laws that are different in other states because you can change how you drive, I can't just magically pull tint off my car when I enter another state. Same as the license plates, can't just magically make one appear on the front and disappear from the front when I go through different states.

Which then brings the question, can a cop in a different state ticket you for not following a law in your state. Say I did get a 20% tint and go into KY, could they ticket me for having an illegal tint in Ohio while driving in Kentucky?

Seems like a messy situation. I really am not terribly worried, Kentucky cops where I work are so laid back it isn't funny. 7 months of working my current job down there driving there highways all the time, never ever seen a cop sitting on the side running radar ever. They also watch people drive their 65MPH highways at 80 and don't care. Not sure what is different down there, but I love KY cops. Driving in Ohio is a different story haha.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
20% is not that dark dude. I have 20% all around. I see fine at night.
I might do 20% then if nighttime visibility isn't impacted. That was really my main concern.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
It would be stupid for them to ticket u with out of state plates, put I wouldn't put it past them... I have 35% and wouldn't go any darker, I like my visual mods to be subtle... This is the 3rd day after I got my car new, looks dark here for some reason
if it doesn't look that dark normally I might want to go darker. I really want it for two main reasons and the third is a benefit. Sick of people who just pull up next too me and just stare at me. I look young (24 but really look 16 or so everyone has to go out of there way to tell me) and so I am sure it makes people mad seeing me in the car, or extremely jealous and I want the privacy factor. Second is to help keep the heat out of the car. I'll gladly take the fact that it looks good on the car too!

EDIT: I should say I don't mind people checking out the car, telling me how awesome she sounds, etc. I just hate the people who have that snarled look who just glare at me.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

see that doesn't make sense too me. That means that everyone and their brother that drives from Kentucky into Ohio will get tickets since having a front license plate in Kentucky is not required by law, but it is in Ohio.

I understand when it comes to obeying traffic laws that are different in other states because you can change how you drive, I can't just magically pull tint off my car when I enter another state. Same as the license plates, can't just magically make one appear on the front and disappear from the front when I go through different states.

Which then brings the question, can a cop in a different state ticket you for not following a law in your state. Say I did get a 20% tint and go into KY, could they ticket me for having an illegal tint in Ohio while driving in Kentucky?

Seems like a messy situation. I really am not terribly worried, Kentucky cops where I work are so laid back it isn't funny. 7 months of working my current job down there driving there highways all the time, never ever seen a cop sitting on the side running radar ever. They also watch people drive their 65MPH highways at 80 and don't care. Not sure what is different down there, but I love KY cops. Driving in Ohio is a different story haha.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I might do 20% then if nighttime visibility isn't impacted. That was really my main concern.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

if it doesn't look that dark normally I might want to go darker. I really want it for two main reasons and the third is a benefit. Sick of people who just pull up next too me and just stare at me. I look young (24 but really look 16 or so everyone has to go out of there way to tell me) and so I am sure it makes people mad seeing me in the car, or extremely jealous and I want the privacy factor. Second is to help keep the heat out of the car. I'll gladly take the fact that it looks good on the car too!

EDIT: I should say I don't mind people checking out the car, telling me how awesome she sounds, etc. I just hate the people who have that snarled look who just glare at me.
U should be good with 20% then, its darker but I had it on my last car and nighttime visibility isn't bad at all... 35% on the other looks as clear as no tint at night which is pretty cool too with a fair shade of darkness in daylight... Here in Jersey, u could have 50% and if the cop wants to be a dbag he will find any reason to screw u over if he's bored enough... I still have my tints and no front plate and only got a ticket ($54) once
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
U should be good with 20% then, its darker but I had it on my last car and nighttime visibility isn't bad at all... 35% on the other looks as clear as no tint at night which is pretty cool too with a fair shade of darkness in daylight... Here in Jersey, u could have 50% and if the cop wants to be a dbag he will find any reason to screw u over if he's bored enough... I still have my tints and no front plate and only got a ticket ($54) once
ok cool, thanks for the feedback from everyone, glad to hear it.

Also, sorry for hijacking the thread
Old 04-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

ok cool, thanks for the feedback from everyone, glad to hear it.

Also, sorry for hijacking the thread
I see your point on the front plate. Daytona bike week they were giving out tickets for MC plates being vertically mounted at $1200 a pop, even tho It's legal in many states. Same as some states having a f****up helmet law and others don't.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I see your point on the front plate. Daytona bike week they were giving out tickets for MC plates being vertically mounted at $1200 a pop, even tho It's legal in many states. Same as some states having a f****up helmet law and others don't.
yeah it just doesn't make sense too me. If you live in a state that has certain laws of that nature, when visiting another state they should grant you a pardon for that. Thankfully where I live the cops are really not that way, but I know there are states that would be. Some states are absolute Nazi and even if I wanted to take my stang, would make me want a rental car just so they can't ticket me for every little thing different in their state from mine.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I have 20% on the sides and 5% on the back windows and its not that bad. I had to switch to the raxiom led reverse lights, but I just roll the window down real quick when I'm backing in. Fwiw, Texas law says your windows have to be less than 35% so mine are beyond illegal but that's only the front two windows. The rest can be black plexi for all they care. I sincerely doubt a cop would ticket a out of state car for something as stupid as window tint. Especially considering most cops don't know their own local rules and would have no clue about yours. This is an older picture but this is what the tint looks like with the sun shining right down on the car.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2528526296.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	597.5 KB
ID:	103263  
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Don't y'all have to have legal tint to pass inspection?
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post
Don't y'all have to have legal tint to pass inspection?
In Texas we do. Have to keep in mind too that factory cars usually come with UV protection which is good for a 5% reduction in visibility. So I have 35% on my car and it measured at around 30%. City cops don't mind much but you may have to watch out for state troopers. In Texas it is a fix it ticket. Tear tint off and pay the court cost and they clear the ticket. It shouldn't be a moving violation so points wouldn't be taken from for license if you kept getting tickets. In Texas they will not issue an inspection sticker if the tint is too dark. I have gotten away with rolling the windows down and pulling the window motor fuse before. I have been failed before for the windows not working as well because they could not officially measure the tint.
2011 GT Premium Black on Black, Eibach Sportline, Eibach Camber Bolts, BMRAdjustable Pan-hard bar, 19 x 9 Replica Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 275/35-19, GT/CSFront Fascia, C&L CAI, SCT SF3 w/ Bama Tune, Bassani Axle backs.
rick9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick9550 View Post
In Texas we do. Have to keep in mind too that factory cars usually come with UV protection which is good for a 5% reduction in visibility. So I have 35% on my car and it measured at around 30%. City cops don't mind much but you may have to watch out for state troopers. In Texas it is a fix it ticket. Tear tint off and pay the court cost and they clear the ticket. It shouldn't be a moving violation so points wouldn't be taken from for license if you kept getting tickets. In Texas they will not issue an inspection sticker if the tint is too dark. I have gotten away with rolling the windows down and pulling the window motor fuse before. I have been failed before for the windows not working as well because they could not officially measure the tint.
I am kinda amazed that happened in Texas of all places.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Love it man, looks great!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

I have 25% tint and I don't think it's very easy to see when it's pitch black out.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

In Texas all you have to do is know someone who is a technician at a dealership and have them write you up for an "under the table" inspection. Or you could go to any of the local "auto repair/taco joints" and they'll do it for you for often 20-25 bucks.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
In Texas all you have to do is know someone who is a technician at a dealership and have them write you up for an "under the table" inspection. Or you could go to any of the local "auto repair/taco joints" and they'll do it for you for often 20-25 bucks.
Yikes man! that is a heafty fine for the shop (excess of $25K) and the person that did it will loose thier job. The inspection stickers record what station provided your sticker and well as the technicin and if they do not, you will be ticketed for not having a valid inspection.

I forgot to mention. In Texas the legal tint in 20%. So, no worries here, I am all legal. spent to much time going round a round back in the day...
Old 04-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am kinda amazed that happened in Texas of all places.
Which part? Getting denied or pulling the fuse? There is a sucker born every day and some of them work at auto repair facilities.

You do not have to have side windows to pass inspection but if they cannot test the tint and they think that it is tinted, you may have to get the window "Fixed" before they will pass you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT