Install price ok? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Lets just say there is a video of a boss with nothing but a tune beating a stock zl1... They really aren't that impressive in straight line performance.
I actually do agree with you on that one. Stock the car is sluggish to be nice, but like any car it's needs a few mods to wake it up. Here it is so y'all know not blowing smoke

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-329826287.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	612.0 KB
ID:	102956
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post

It's a DD for people who want a sports car, not a luxury car. Seems like you're trying to find something in the middle ... good luck with that, it's a path to madness.
I'm very content with the options it has. A boss would have been great but little things like that complete the driving experience for me.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Actually I have taken them down with just boltons no bottle used.
Right.... Them the guy either didn't know you were actually racing or a driver mod is badly needed. But what ever man I've got better things to do then argue all damn day over a forum, you win and I'm a dumdass.....
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post

Right.... Them the guy either didn't know you were actually racing or a driver mod is badly needed. But what ever man I've got better things to do then argue all damn day over a forum, you win and I'm a dumdass.....
Never said we were arguing. Last one I ran was a auto. A bone stock auto zl1 will get walked by a full Bolton 5.0.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Your uncle has a nice car though. I was just saying that they aren't impressive stock. They need full exhaust and a pulley to be quick. That's one reason why I have the sticker on my car that I do

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1134388100.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	416.0 KB
ID:	102958
Old 04-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your uncle has a nice car though. I was just saying that they aren't impressive stock. They need full exhaust and a pulley to be quick. That's one reason why I have the sticker on my car that I do
What mods do you have?
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post

What mods do you have?
Full exhaust, JLT, boss intake, full dyno tune. Also a nx nitrous kit. Was at a 150 shot but now brought it down to a 100.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Full exhaust, JLT, boss intake, full dyno tune. Also a nx nitrous kit. Was at a 150 shot but now brought it down to a 100.
Why did you bring down the NOS?

What kind of track times do you have?
Old 04-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Why did you bring down the NOS?

What kind of track times do you have?
Going a diff route instead of just the bottle. I have never brought it to the track with the bottle.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Going a diff route instead of just the bottle. I have never brought it to the track with the bottle.
What kind of rubber are you running?
150 shot you must be low 11 high 10's...
Old 04-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What kind of rubber are you running?
150 shot you must be low 11 high 10's...
I have the NT05r's. 305/35/19.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have the NT05r's. 305/35/19.
Nice, thanks!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nice, thanks!
No problem
Old 04-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
I'm very content with the options it has. A boss would have been great but little things like that complete the driving experience for me.
My point exactly. Navigation systems, leather seats, power seat motors, back up cameras - all these things have nothing to do with the driving experience (at least I hope you're not using them while driving). They're all luxury items that do nothing for the performance of the vehicle, and are unnecessary to enjoy driving the car - that's why they aren't on the boss.

At any rate, I still think you could do better buying the parts and installing them yourself. Even if you have to get the headers installed at a shop, you'll still be a huge chunk of change ahead.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My point exactly. Navigation systems, leather seats, power seat motors, back up cameras - all these things have nothing to do with the driving experience (at least I hope you're not using them while driving). They're all luxury items that do nothing for the performance of the vehicle, and are unnecessary to enjoy driving the car - that's why they aren't on the boss.

At any rate, I still think you could do better buying the parts and installing them yourself. Even if you have to get the headers installed at a shop, you'll still be a huge chunk of change ahead.
It may be unnecessary but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy it. If I wanted the 100% driving experience then I would have gone with a boss. I may have broken this taboo and gotten an 80% or whatever experience but at the end of the day it's the same thing just with a little extra creature comfort. Damn
Old 04-18-2013, 04:17 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

460 to the wheels?! From intake exhaust and tune? I'm not doubting what you were told, I just find it very hard to believe that they can get 100 whp from that. Hell gaining 50 whp from that would be a blessing
Uhhh the 07 gt500 had 447 to the wheels (top gear) so ... Not a chance in hell this has 550ish crank
Old 04-18-2013, 04:23 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Stock that is.
It will beat your 5.0 stock for stock ...lovin the 5.0 just sayin
Old 04-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post

This. I'm a mustang fan all the way but I'm still a fan of reality. Zl1 will beat 5.0 any day. Put the price difference into mods and we win though
Old 04-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
It may be unnecessary but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy it. If I wanted the 100% driving experience then I would have gone with a boss. I may have broken this taboo and gotten an 80% or whatever experience but at the end of the day it's the same thing just with a little extra creature comfort. Damn
To each his own ... that's why there are so many options on these cars. I guess I just don't get it - there are better cars to buy if creature comforts are more important than performance.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

To each his own ... that's why there are so many options on these cars. I guess I just don't get it - there are better cars to buy if creature comforts are more important than performance.
That's true. I never saw the mustang as a fancy or even comfortable car. If I wanted comforts I'd buy a Cadillac. Or a Buick. But there's just no substitute for a mustang

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with the guys that have said these prices seem a bit high. I did the Boss intake, suspension and exhaust in my garage without a lift, but I didn't do long tubes, I've got the stock shorty's. I really like doing my own work. I try to research and read thoroughly before I begin, but I'm a nerdy Engineer, lol. My suggestion would be to do your own labor if possible so as to become more familiar with the car. if it breaks one day, out on the highway, you'll have a better working knowledge to draw from... Good luck with the build!
Konawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konawin View Post
I agree with the guys that have said these prices seem a bit high. I did the Boss intake, suspension and exhaust in my garage without a lift, but I didn't do long tubes, I've got the stock shorty's. I really like doing my own work. I try to research and read thoroughly before I begin, but I'm a nerdy Engineer, lol. My suggestion would be to do your own labor if possible so as to become more familiar with the car. if it breaks one day, out on the highway, you'll have a better working knowledge to draw from... Good luck with the build!
also too when it comes to those silly sounds that happen, you'll have a better idea of what might make those sounds and how to go about fixing instead of taking it into the shop and hoping they hear it and fix it.

There is a local radio show here with two car guys on it. One guy owns a rather famous shop and you can call in and ask questions about the car you own and mention what it is doing and they generally give people ideas where to look first, what too check etc. Heard a lady call in about a 2010 mustang GT a few weeks ago, mentioned the sounds she was getting from the back end of the car. I instantly knew what it was causing it. These car guys mentioned for her to check something completely different. She said her mechanic said the same thing as them. Made me go

Honestly without the days spent under the car trying to find xyz stupid sound being made etc have allowed me to get pretty good at diagnosing many weird sounds on mustangs. Not that I know them all, but I have learned a lot in a short amount of time.

Before that my only experience was some minor engine work on a Chevelle 454 block. Prior to the mustang I honestly had no real working knowledge of suspension, exhaust, non carb engines, etc. I have learned a lot in that time. At least I think I have
Old 04-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Isn't the whole point of premium to get the performance plus the extra doodads? Besides, I am pretty much replacing most of the suspension and such. I'm not sacrificing anything. Other than some more cash.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Ok just talked with them, rpm limit is raised to 7500. Aaaand I have to wait another week or two.. Haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT