Finally! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Finally!

Good: Ordered my mods for this year (that's what I told the wife anyway). Front Baer brake kit, upgraded rotors, pads and hydraulic hoses for the rear. New wheels & tires. Suspension system.

Not so good: parts will start getting here Tuesday and some will take up to five weeks.

I"ll post pix as they get installed.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
Good: Ordered my mods for this year (that's what I told the wife anyway). Front Baer brake kit, upgraded rotors, pads and hydraulic hoses for the rear. New wheels & tires. Suspension system.

Not so good: parts will start getting here Tuesday and some will take up to five weeks.

I"ll post pix as they get installed.
Gotta look at the bright side of things.... If they come in slowly, it will keep you busy for awhile if its gotta last you a year lol. What rims did you go with? What suspension parts?
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Wheels ROUSH 20x9.5" Hyperblack with Cooper RS3-S,

Don't quote me, but I'm doing this from memory. Koni STR.t, FR P springs, FR sway bars, BMR caster bolts, LCAs, relo brackets, adj. uca and mount, Fays2 Watts link, FR upper strut mounts, Steeda X11 ball joints.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wheels ROUSH 20x9.5" Hyperblack with Cooper RS3-S,

Don't quote me, but I'm doing this from memory. Koni STR.t, FR P springs, FR sway bars, BMR caster bolts, LCAs, relo brackets, adj. uca and mount, Fays2 Watts link, FR upper strut mounts, Steeda X11 ball joints.
Very nice man, sounds like a sweet set up. Im installing the koni Str.ts, steeda ultralites, Maximum Motorsports camber plates, and j&m panhard bar myself on sunday. Cant wait to see the results. After doing a ton of research i would highly suggest looking into the Maximum Motorsports camber plates as opposed to using the gt500 strut mounts and adjustment bolts. They are backwards compatible and will work with not only the 05-10 koni str.ts, but any of the 11+ struts as well. Also i would recommend an adjustable UCA to correct your pinion angle, and possibly a adjustable panhard to center the rear, as it tends to shift after lowering. The UCA personally will be my next purchase as I don't want to cause premature wear.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Opps ignore what i just said, didnt even see that you had listed a UCA in your mod list already! Sorry man, been a long day haha
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah... I went with a watts linkage instead of an adjustable Panhard bar a/c everything I've read says it's more stable. Steeda's and Whiteline's watts links are beyond my pay grade. I noticed Shelby carries the Fays2 linkage.

This will probably create some controversy here, but I made my decision and I'll live with it.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
he is doing a watts link instead of the panhard bar. Going to be better to a degree but also a lot more costly and a slightly more involved install.

Whiteline Complete Watts Link Rear Mustang Suspension (05-14 Coupe) KDT916 - Free Shipping!

just for a reference.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Yeah... I went with a watts linkage instead of an adjustable Panhard bar a/c everything I've read says it's more stable. Steeda's and Whiteline's watts links are beyond my pay grade. I noticed Shelby carries the Fays2 linkage.

This will probably create some controversy here, but I made my decision and I'll live with it.
ahhh beat me to it! haha.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
he is doing a watts link instead of the panhard bar. Going to be better to a degree but also a lot more costly and a slightly more involved install.

Whiteline Complete Watts Link Rear Mustang Suspension (05-14 Coupe) KDT916 - Free Shipping!

just for a reference.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

ahhh beat me to it! haha.
Thats a sweet set up man!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Thats a sweet set up man!
It will be. A lot of my choices were influenced by what I've learned from reading threads here. I believe the Mustang community is great even if sometimes we get passionate about our point of view.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
It will be. A lot of my choices were influenced by what I've learned from reading threads here. I believe the Mustang community is great even if sometimes we get passionate about our point of view.
haha somehow I feel this is like 80% directed at me
Old 04-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

haha somehow I feel this is like 80% directed at me
We're all guilty as charged.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

We're all guilty as charged.
Me 2.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I put the whiteline watts link on the boss, its night and day. Much more planted, I didn't go with the fays2 due to the design, it works but I don't like it. Oh and as far as price on the WL watts link, you weren't looking in the right places. I know a guy who has them in stock, just saying...
<<<<
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I put the whiteline watts link on the boss, its night and day. Much more planted, I didn't go with the fays2 due to the design, it works but I don't like it. Oh and as far as price on the WL watts link, you weren't looking in the right places. I know a guy who has them in stock, just saying...
<<<<
If I new a guy I would've also. All the searches I did couldn't find anything lower than 880. I also shied away from Whiteline because of the possibility of increasing operating temp in the differential. The Steeda is basically the same design as the Fays2. They also say it won't work with Eibach's sway bars. The one they recommend is their "heavy duty" adj sway bar. For that money, I don't want a tubular sway bar.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT