Not a Happy Camper - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #71
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

I am planning to do that if am tells me nothing is wrong, I'm ordering some drag wheels this week, if I don't run 7s I'm taking it to a dyno. Miami is never cold, yes it was colder and less humid but dammit I got some nice wide tires compared to the stocks and in my opnion, blaming my 20s that comined wiegh less than 100 pounds is bs....I did send them my data logs and I hope they fix it
Your wheels absolutely do not weigh less than 100 lbs much less with tires. My 19x9/10's without tires weigh 95 lbs, and they're forged aluminum. I can tell a huge difference in power and acceleration since I replaced my track pack wheels, I'm not 100% sure how much they weigh but I know that they're between 31-35 lbs per wheel.

Those heavy 20's will make a huge difference

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post
If your staying n/a and getting drag radials there is no way I would stay with the 3.15 gears...3.73
Really? Is this where your track testing has taken you? Do you have an auto?
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I understand your point there, but you can get very close because a couple of the variables do not change like distance and weight. Albeit, 108mph would be low for an 11 second run, I've seen 100 mid-low 12 second runs at 108mph and I've seen an high 11 second run at 112mph. The issue he is running into, is that the distance from when he stops spinning to the finish is not a consistent number, and there is no real way to calculate that. I was, more-less trying to make him feel better about his car with the post I made above. Sounds like he needs to data log a 1/4 mile run and send that in. That's what I always did with my lightning because they get to fine tune all the WOT points and set the timing accordingly off the line for a nice 60ft.
yeah, I appreciate you're trying to help him stay positive. That's laudable and pretty rare on forums like this.

Still, I come back to 108. It just isn't getting to 11s in a car of this weight unless it's a super-gear, super-sticky setup, perfectly done.

...and, I know I'm repeating myself but, the fact that with the aftermarket's supposedly wimpiest tune, in humid conditions that are probably not quite as stifling as Florida but still, not great, I'm blowing through 112, repeatedly, in a loaded car with virtually everything. There's just no way this should be that way around. I do know what I'm doing at the strip but, mph doesn't move around too much in car unless I really duff it.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I don't believe for a min unless they are forged that your four 20s weigh less than 100 lbs with the tires on them. Maybe without the tires. I would believe they weigh around 120ish though.
No tires fronts are 27 rear 29

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Thats the first person that told me 3.15 is good?????
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

So this is the latest update on my race tune.
Thanks for the datalog, we can make adjustments however we cannot make the adjustments correctly because the value of the MAF that was selected is in (g/s) we need the MAF reading in either Hertz or FQ. Are you able to redo the log with the MAF Hertz or FQ?

*I might have to play with the tune a bit for which im not sure on how to do just yet.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome...a frequency-based MAF reading, that's always fun. You're SOL for conversions as the units are just different, that's it.

You'll want to redo it as MAF reading is at the very core of every tune. F this up and it can be ka-boom.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Awesome...a frequency-based MAF reading, that's always fun. You're SOL for conversions as the units are just different, that's it.

You'll want to redo it as MAF reading is at the very core of every tune. F this up and it can be ka-boom.
Wait hold on, let me get this correct, doing this can mess up my car? Is their anyway we can talk over the phone?
Old 04-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So this is the latest update on my race tune.
Thanks for the datalog, we can make adjustments however we cannot make the adjustments correctly because the value of the MAF that was selected is in (g/s) we need the MAF reading in either Hertz or FQ. Are you able to redo the log with the MAF Hertz or FQ?

*I might have to play with the tune a bit for which im not sure on how to do just yet.
Can anyone please inform me in wtf is happening?
Old 04-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Wait hold on, let me get this correct, doing this can mess up my car? Is their anyway we can talk over the phone?
Quote:

Can anyone please inform me in wtf is happening?
Man this Is bad, be careful. I've seen this happen before and it didn't end well. Chances are something could already be wrong. If I were you, I don't know how I'd sleep tonight.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

Man this Is bad, be careful. I've seen this happen before and it didn't end well. Chances are something could already be wrong. If I were you, I don't know how I'd sleep tonight.
You guys are ****ing with me right?
Old 04-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You guys are ****ing with me right?
No way man, this isn't a joking matter. Even if we had our differences in the past, this isn't funny. This is a matter of life and death when it comes to a mustang. This is bigger then the both of us put together.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

No way man, this isn't a joking matter. Even if we had our differences in the past, this isn't funny. This is a matter of life and death when it comes to a mustang. This is bigger then the both of us put together.
Awesome.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

I didnt know beef was with me aswell, it just sets this forum to a negative image to those reading, i might not know everything you guys do and i have yet nor will direspect anyone here, w.e makes you guys sleep at night honestly but this is why ppl here post stupid threads, about which 5.0 decal looks better ect. i can imagine this one getting closed because of clowns
Old 04-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #84
Road Trip!

Quote:

You can stop being a jerk anytime now... I don't know why you would that is funny. Why do you find it amusing to purposely mislead people?
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
You can stop being a jerk anytime now... I don't know why you would that is funny. Why do you find it amusing to purposely mislead people?
I think it is hilarious
Old 04-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Well I don't want to argue about I'm just trying to help a fellow mustang owner out...I don't have my auto 5.0 anymore as I traded it on a gt500 however...when I did have my 5.0.... I ran between 8.0-8.2 with cai, dr, and bama tune...I then added 3.73 gears and the revised tune for the gear and it ran 7.8-7.9....I then removed my spare, and pass seat and ran a best of 7.68 this is all 8th mile of course but that is what the op runs so ...in my experience the 3.73 gears lowed me 3-4 tenths so yes I believe the 3.73 gearing on minor bolt on 5.0s with drag radials is a good mod...also for those that drive the car on the street it made the auto a completely different monster...I also know of a few fi guys that run 3.73 gears and have success but I have no personal experience with that...again I am not here to argue just help
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well I don't want to argue about I'm just trying to help a fellow mustang owner out...I don't have my auto 5.0 anymore as I traded it on a gt500 however...when I did have my 5.0.... I ran between 8.0-8.2 with cai, dr, and bama tune...I then added 3.73 gears and the revised tune for the gear and it ran 7.8-7.9....I then removed my spare, and pass seat and ran a best of 7.68 this is all 8th mile of course but that is what the op runs so ...in my experience the 3.73 gears lowed me 3-4 tenths so yes I believe the 3.73 gearing on minor bolt on 5.0s with drag radials is a good mod...also for those that drive the car on the street it made the auto a completely different monster...I also know of a few fi guys that run 3.73 gears and have success but I have no personal experience with that...again I am not here to argue just help
Thank you, i just wantedvto see if anyone can help me change from g/s to hertz of fq on a diablo intune, in other forums a guy was having my same problem, turns out he had a bad tune, hopefully its my case and i dont have to return here for more negative answers, thank you once again
Old 04-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

sorry I use sct but call bama I'm sure they can help...tomorrow of course...I want to say the head tuner is mike??? Not positive on that..anyway I've always had great tunes that were dyno proven from bama so call em
Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
sorry I use sct but call bama I'm sure they can help...tomorrow of course...I want to say the head tuner is mike??? Not positive on that..anyway I've always had great tunes that were dyno proven from bama so call em
Yes, in my research I have noticed that Mike Wilson took care of an issue like this, and it was the torque tables are differ on the 13.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Screwed-up MAF transfer values can lead to the engine running poorly or not at all or, in extreme cases, engine damage. MAF readings are one critical part of the closed loop of engine management, especially on a modern car that has no open-loop tuning parameters like this one. Don't panic but, obviously, you want to datalog the way they want so they can help you with your issues.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:51 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just trying to help.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa

I just been hangn out eatn popcorn and I don't know what he's talking about.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #93
Road Trip!

Quote:

You saw he was concerned and you kept making things sound worse then they really are...clearly by the responses you got from people that is accurate. If your going to act like that, you could at least have the dignity to own up to it instead of playing dumb and acting like your best intentions were at heart. Not impressed...
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You saw he was concerned and you kept making things sound worse then they really are...clearly by the responses you got from people that is accurate. If your going to act like that, you could at least have the dignity to own up to it instead of playing dumb and acting like your best intentions were at heart. Not impressed...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-315291029.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	104200  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

I got everything cleared for the new datalog, am is doing a great job of taking care of me, will update on what happens.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Good deal
Old 04-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good deal
Yeah got the sve drag wheels aswell 15x10 ordered today so new excuses next time
Old 04-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah got the sve drag wheels aswell 15x10 ordered today so new excuses next time
Good man! This whole thread might have been avoided if you had those drag wheels the first time you went. Some M&Hs or some Hoosiers and you're good to go
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Yep I estimate 7.9 @ 92 mph

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

And with the auto some of the lesser drag radials..nitto, bfg...work fine...I had Mickey Thompson with no spin
Old 04-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep I estimate 7.9 @ 92 mph

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

And with the auto some of the lesser drag radials..nitto, bfg...work fine...I had Mickey Thompson with no spin
I got 275/15/60 mt street radials
Old 04-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

That's exactly what I run on the lightning with darkstars. Those tires hook! My lightning is making 560+rwtq@3800rpms and I hardly spin my Mickeys. So I'd imagine you could stomp it off the line and you'll be fine.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
That's exactly what I run on the lightning with darkstars. Those tires hook! My lightning is making 560+rwtq@3800rpms and I hardly spin my Mickeys. So I'd imagine you could stomp it off the line and you'll be fine.
Yeah man hopefully
Old 04-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano
I went last night to the track and either my bama tune sucks or my tires are too heavy because i ran slower than stock.
My stock base auto 5.0 , 3.15 gears had the 18 inch rims with all season tires when stock.

Stock i ran:
60ft: 2.066
Speed:66.35
330ft: 5.555
Vehicle Speed: 86.33
Time 8.410
This was traction on, auto super stock.

Last night i ran on
Bmr lca
Bmr lca brackets
Bama Race tune
Catdelete with x pipe
20/35/275 front nitto invo
20/35/295 rear nitto invo
Droped to 25 pounds of air on the rear tires
Traction on
Best slip of the night

60ft: 2.166
Speed: 66.48
330ft: 5.657
Vehicle speed 84.61
Time: 8.509

I ran consistent 8.5 but my speed was slower than stock?????
I honestly think its my rims or that this tune sucks!

What do you guys think i should, compare total wieght of my stock rims to the new ones, run it on stock rims to see if its the tune or not? Or are the mods i have done on the car are too little to even perform better.which would make no ****ing sense because the car is tuned!
One moment.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #104
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
what altitude were u at? what temp? these things need to be considered
bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
what altitude were u at? what temp? these things need to be considered
In homestead speedway, miami...a lot of humidity that night, and it was around 80°

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT