Whats a fair price for GT!!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
johnnyhxw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wichita
Region: Kansas
Posts: 3
Whats a fair price for GT!!?

I'm going to get a GT soon... But I'm actually new to the muscle world..wondering what's the fair price for 2011-2013 used 5.0.. Any advice would be appreciate. Thanks
johnnyhxw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sharkkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 74
I just picked up a new 2013 GT premium for $31000 and change otd 2 weeks ago. And I live in Canada so we pay a premium on everything. I assume you could find some new 2013s still on dealer lots that they want to get rid of.
Sharkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
Registered User
Newbie
 
johnnyhxw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wichita
Region: Kansas
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkkk View Post
I just picked up a new 2013 GT premium for $31000 and change otd 2 weeks ago. And I live in Canada so we pay a premium on everything. I assume you could find some new 2013s still on dealer lots that they want to get rid of.
Well,thanks for that info man..I went to the dealer here,a new 2013 gt premium it's about 35K.. Which is way too much...
johnnyhxw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sharkkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyhxw View Post
Well,thanks for that info man..I went to the dealer here,a new 2013 gt premium it's about 35K.. Which is way too much...
No problem man, just work with them. They want to sell you that car as much as you want to buy it. But don't be afriad to walk away.
Sharkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyhxw View Post

Well,thanks for that info man..I went to the dealer here,a new 2013 gt premium it's about 35K.. Which is way too much...
It all depends on the options. If it has navigation, shaker pro, comfort package, different gears, etc...that's not bad. Now if the only option is the premium package, I agree it's too much. Take your time, you'll find the right one. +$30,000 is something that's worth making a impulse buy on.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
GTYUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Park Ridge
Region: Illinois
Posts: 313
A least in the Chicagoland area at GT Premium 6 speed with average miles (under 25k) has a trade in value of about 25k and should retail around 29k for a 2011 model year. Obviously options, mileage and condition will increase or decrease the price. I think on a good used GT you are going to need to be prepared for 27k to 31k.

And with all the flooding here in the Midwest and other parts of the country...be careful you are not buying a floater.

Best of luck ,
__________________
2011Premium Grabber Blue GT Convertible -GTYUP

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
Registered User
Newbie
 
johnnyhxw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wichita
Region: Kansas
Posts: 3
Thanks for info guys..that one I saw on dealer is jut wiv the premium pack..no other options..vehicle price seems a little high here in wichita compare to other cities in Kansas..
johnnyhxw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Diego
Region: California
Posts: 24
Was able to get my 2013 brand new (base GT, no options) for 25,700 before taxes/fees etc. Good deals can be had.
matt6589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Saintsone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyhxw View Post
I'm going to get a GT soon... But I'm actually new to the muscle world..wondering what's the fair price for 2011-2013 used 5.0.. Any advice would be appreciate. Thanks
Go to truecar.com
Someone told me about the site, just click on the options that you want and it will tell you around how much you will pay for the car.. I'm shopping for a 2013 GT premium.. Been looking for 2 months now.. Finally getting mine on Sunday!! If everything goes well...
Saintsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #10
Registered User
Newbie
 
a_duha_1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Raeford, North Carolina
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 15
I just traded my 2013 V6 Stang with performance package for a 2011 5.0 Premium with 27k miles for 26,000. Could pass up a deal like that.
a_duha_1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_duha_1023 View Post
I just traded my 2013 V6 Stang with performance package for a 2011 5.0 Premium with 27k miles for 26,000. Could pass up a deal like that.
Why even buy the 13 v6 to begin with if you really wanted a 5.0. Would of been cheaper to just of bought a pre-owned 11 5.0 to begin with. You must of lost thousands on your new 13 after trading it back in. People are funny. And a 2013 v6 too boot. People are gonna do the same when the 2015 comes out. They will dump there 2014 for thousands less than what they paid and the new buyer will make out awesome. You loose like 3k as soon as you drive the car off the lot. People are screwy
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Why even buy the 13 v6 to begin with if you really wanted a 5.0. Would of been cheaper to just of bought a pre-owned 11 5.0 to begin with. You must of lost thousands on your new 13 after trading it back in. People are funny. And a 2013 v6 too boot. People are gonna do the same when the 2015 comes out. They will dump there 2014 for thousands less than what they paid and the new buyer will make out awesome. You loose like 3k as soon as you drive the car off the lot. People are screwy
welcome to America
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post

welcome to America
Thanks. Glad to be here. Land of the nuts.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
I've seen base GTs start at 22k, 2011 with 25k mi. I got my 12 base for 24k with 7900 mi on it. I was an hr late on a 12 GT premium brembo with 6k mi for 23,500. The deals are out there, but they don't last. I searched 5 times a day on several sites to get a deal and drove 200mi.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 135
I got my 13 5.0 w 2k miles, it's a base but with recaros, brembos and the 19's for 31k certified preowned
kornflake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tpost08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 624
13's are gunna have rebates. About 4k rebate if I remember right. And that's by ford not the dealership. So if sticker prices is 35k then your actually working with 31 when you start. I bought me 12 when the 13's came out. Therefore got the 4k off. Sticker price was 34999 and I walked out with 31089 tt&l. But I searched for a year to find what I could afford and also wanted. And had to drive 2 hours to get it.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:38 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tpost08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
13's are gunna have rebates. About 4k rebate if I remember right. And that's by ford not the dealership. So if sticker prices is 35k then your actually working with 31 when you start. I bought me 12 when the 13's came out. Therefore got the 4k off. Sticker price was 34999 and I walked out with 31089 tt&l. But I searched for a year to find what I could afford and also wanted. And had to drive 2 hours to get it.
Scratch that. I could not find any that big. A couple 1000 off incentives. But not a big one like I received last year.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:44 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
iLLRedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alton
Region: Illinois
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_duha_1023
I just traded my 2013 V6 Stang with performance package for a 2011 5.0 Premium with 27k miles for 26,000. Could pass up a deal like that.
Pretty good deal. I got an 11 GT/CS with the same miles for the same price. And it was actually worth 28k on every website so I jumped all over mine as well.
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
GTYUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Park Ridge
Region: Illinois
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_duha_1023 View Post
I just traded my 2013 V6 Stang with performance package for a 2011 5.0 Premium with 27k miles for 26,000. Could pass up a deal like that.
I understand and support your move...sometimes what we think is not always what we want or can afford. Congrats and enjoy your new 2011 GT.
__________________
2011Premium Grabber Blue GT Convertible -GTYUP

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sharkkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTYUP View Post
I understand and support your move...sometimes what we think is not always what we want or can afford. Congrats and enjoy your new 2011 GT.

Sometimes going through a roundabout is the shortest path to get to where we want to go. That's how I ended up with my GT. To be honest, if it's not because of a hang up on the V6 last year, I'd be cruising in a sixxer right now lol so glad that fell through
Sharkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:28 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.