Parts dont want to be on my car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Apparently a Roush grille and MMD hood strut kit from American Muscle have no desire to be on my car lol. First time I ordered these they weren't delivered so ups did its investigation and since ups said it was delivered on their computer I had to file a police report. I was home all day that delivery day and never got a knock or door bell ring. So after about a week and a half AM shipped out my products again. After calling them Saturday and yesterday asking them that it's scheduled for delivery for Tuesday yet the tracking info says it hasn't left PA and was told to wait till today and see if it was delivered. Well, took a day of leave again to make sure I get them and low and behold no delivery lmao. Funny how my DSS driveshaft was ordered April 2 on my bday and was told It would be 4-6 weeks for delivery and it arrives tomorrow from hyper performance using FedEx. At least I can get that installed before Friday nights drag races. As for the grille and hood struts, I believe they secretly want to be on a civic instead lol. First time I've done business with AM, doesn't look like UPS is for me.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
sorry to hear that man! that sucks. I've had the opposite. UPS always deliver to me and I've had FedEx not even attempt deliveries to my house. I had to go pick up a 90lb home theater amp from 30 mins away because the driver never came to the house. Twice. I was home all day both days.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
sorry to hear that man! that sucks. I've had the opposite. UPS always deliver to me and I've had FedEx not even attempt deliveries to my house. I had to go pick up a 90lb home theater amp from 30 mins away because the driver never came to the house. Twice. I was home all day both days.
I bet the driver said "90 lbs? Forget that" lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
I bet the driver said "90 lbs? Forget that" lol
yeah probably haha.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
the grille and hood struts, I believe they secretly want to be on a civic instead lol
^lmao
Sharkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I've had great success with AM. But I'm only about 40 miles from them, so most things I order are here the next day. It all boils down to your individual delivery driver.
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Apparently a Roush grille and MMD hood strut kit from American Muscle have no desire to be on my car lol. First time I ordered these they weren't delivered so ups did its investigation and since ups said it was delivered on their computer I had to file a police report. I was home all day that delivery day and never got a knock or door bell ring. So after about a week and a half AM shipped out my products again. After calling them Saturday and yesterday asking them that it's scheduled for delivery for Tuesday yet the tracking info says it hasn't left PA and was told to wait till today and see if it was delivered. Well, took a day of leave again to make sure I get them and low and behold no delivery lmao. Funny how my DSS driveshaft was ordered April 2 on my bday and was told It would be 4-6 weeks for delivery and it arrives tomorrow from hyper performance using FedEx. At least I can get that installed before Friday nights drag races. As for the grille and hood struts, I believe they secretly want to be on a civic instead lol. First time I've done business with AM, doesn't look like UPS is for me.
TooSlow4U,

Your new Roush grille and MMD hood struts should have shipped already. I'm sorry for everything taking so long! I'd like to check on your order for you though, and see what the hold up is. Could you send me a PM with your order number?

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
When I ordered my CAI from AM, I received a pair of parking lights for an 09 I think it was. I e-mailed AM and attached a picture of what I received. Like in about 10 minutes I got a RAN. I printed the label and packed the box. When I got back from the UPS store. There was an e-mail saying they were shipping my CAI that day. Can't remember if it had a tracking number or not. Other than that AM and UPS have been great.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Every single package from AM had made it to me in good time and without incident or error. I've had about 10 shipments and over 30 products shipped to me and never had a single issue. It's weird you are having issues OP
Old 04-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I've had issues with UPS before and I think it depends on where you live! If you are near a distro center they are fine if it has to go through a few stops before getting to you probably not. In Alaska FedEx was amazing because of their international hub ins Anchorage.
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

That sucks man, UPS is usually the most reliable delivery out of them all. Did you have to pay for the parts again?
Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Ups is awful. I always have to have AM tell ups that I'll pick it up at a hub. It's not AM's fault though, it's ups. There was one time where my exhaust was supposed to be delivered on Friday because I paid for next day shipping. Sure enough...the tracking number said it was out for delivery...well 8pm rolls around and I get an email saying they attempted delivery but I wasn't home...and there was no door tag on my door. But I was home all day. So...I had to wait until Mon...well the same thing happened Monday. I called AM and told them about it because the UPS people were no help ( UPS kept insisting i wasn't home), and they refunded my next day shipping without me even asking. I eventually got the exhaust on Tuesday. I was super impressed with how AM helped me out. Good company!
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I know it's not AMs fault at all. They've done their job the entire time. It's ups that's irritating me. Never said anything to imply its AM, only UPS has corrupted my parts to want to be on a civic instead.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Every single package from AM had made it to me in good time and without incident or error. I've had about 10 shipments and over 30 products shipped to me and never had a single issue. It's weird you are having issues OP
Old 04-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
AM has nothing to do with it. UPS is my irritation. I just mentioned it was my first time doing business with them and that ups isn't for me. If I had said AM was the culprit I could understand you're response.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

AM has nothing to do with it. UPS is my irritation. I just mentioned it was my first time doing business with them and that ups isn't for me. If I had said AM was the culprit I could understand you're response.
Note that my response also highlights my lack of issues with ups. I noted that i used the same channels as you as a contrast for how good service has been from both countries. Sorry you misunderstood me.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

UPS sucks if you ask me. I bought some items for my business last year and they shipped via UPS Ground, I never got them. UPS said they were delivered, they never turned up so the company sent the items again and low and behold I ended up finding the 1st shipment up the street about half a mile at a abanded house and the box was thrown over the fence and it was laying in the yard of the empty house....LOL
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #18
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

TooSlow4U,

Send me your PM when you get a chance. I just want to double check things on your order. I may be able to get a hold of the UPS location too!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
UPS sucks if you ask me. I bought some items for my business last year and they shipped via UPS Ground, I never got them. UPS said they were delivered, they never turned up so the company sent the items again and low and behold I ended up finding the 1st shipment up the street about half a mile at a abanded house and the box was thrown over the fence and it was laying in the yard of the empty house....LOL
A company I used to work for would find this with TVs. They'd ship out TVs to other locations or wherever and UPS would loose them all the time. Created so much shrink for the company in lost TVs that the company banned shipping them through UPS.

But I can also see why sometimes and I only say sometimes. For example my current house on google maps and my Garmin GPS shows as the actually address being about a half mile down the road from where it really is. I would bet a lot of money UPS drivers don't generally verify the address they just look for the GPS to tell them what house it should be and that is the house it shows up at.

Isn't always true, but we all know most people don't give two shhhhhh
Old 04-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

UPS is great for me and FedEx sucks so maybe it's just luck of the draw haha.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
TooSlow4U,

Send me your PM when you get a chance. I just want to double check things on your order. I may be able to get a hold of the UPS location too!

Shane
I received all parts yesterday. Ups just never updated their tracking status to let me know it would be a day late. Then as I came home today all 3 original shipped items were at my doorstep with a note that said "these packages were on my front porch but belong to you." Lmao UPS swore they delivered it to the right house, apparently they thought 12 houses down from my home was the right house. I already called AM and they're sending me the return postage slips so I can ship them back. AM has been great throughout the process, UPS has been the irritation.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Exactly the reason I have stuff shipped to my work. Glad you finally got it.
SSTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:00 AM   #23
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
i have has simular problems .....not american muscle fault....its ups,,,, there S>>T
bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
I received all parts yesterday. Ups just never updated their tracking status to let me know it would be a day late. Then as I came home today all 3 original shipped items were at my doorstep with a note that said "these packages were on my front porch but belong to you." Lmao UPS swore they delivered it to the right house, apparently they thought 12 houses down from my home was the right house. I already called AM and they're sending me the return postage slips so I can ship them back. AM has been great throughout the process, UPS has been the irritation.
Wow that's frustrating... Good thing you had a kind neighbor who delivered them the extra distance!

At least things are somewhat back in order. If you have any other problems, give me a shout!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I really really hate American Muscle. I think they have single handedly cost me a couple thousand dollars because they always ship my orders out the same day. I've always gotten my shipment within 2-3 days.

Because of their quick turn around time and fast deliveries and their damn Always Stand Behind Their Products and Services operating procedure I find myself ordering from them every now and then.

If only they weren't so quick or so nice. Maybe then I'd be able to stop modding my car... And finally save some money.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Ok in case my humor slipped by what I mean to say is American Muscle is DA BOMB
Old 09-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
But was there a need to bump a thread 5 months old to do it?
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
But was there a need to bump a thread 5 months old to do it?
Absolutely cuz apparently u read it =D

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT