Exhaust Choices - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Exhaust Choices

I'm two weeks into owning my first Stang (absolutely loving this damn car btw) and its time for a exhaust. I know I want 3" pipe from the cats back and I like the Borla ATAK mufflers but $1,800 is pretty pricey. I'm looking for a LOUD "Throaty" kinda sound. Any inputs with sound clips would be greatly appreciated.
Harris2107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris2107 View Post
I'm two weeks into owning my first Stang (absolutely loving this damn car btw) and its time for a exhaust. I know I want 3" pipe from the cats back and I like the Borla ATAK mufflers but $1,800 is pretty pricey. I'm looking for a LOUD "Throaty" kinda sound. Any inputs with sound clips would be greatly appreciated.
Search button is your friend man. But check out YouTube. There are a TON of sound clips out there.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
http://youtu.be/68vc0uZBm5c I just put mine on all mbrp.
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Search button is your friend man. But check out YouTube. There are a TON of sound clips out there.
I would trust the word from a proud owner over the high quality videos on you tube lol, I need something that sounds good, delivers a little extra hp and cheaper than $1,800. I found a few good ones on you tube, but a lot of them don't go into too much detail, specs, added hp, price etc. etc. etc. just figured I'd see what everyone else on here is runnin.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickmarlow View Post
http://youtu.be/68vc0uZBm5c I just put mine on all mbrp.
That sounds amazing, I saw your vid on another thread, $1500 but where did you order it from?
Harris2107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I'm running the FRPP sport and I hung out with a guy that has an offroad h pipe and borla atak axlebacks, volume wise we were about the same, and the sound was also very similar. The FRPP generally costs a little less as well

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris2107 View Post

I would trust the word from a proud owner over the high quality videos on you tube lol, I need something that sounds good, delivers a little extra hp and cheaper than $1,800. I found a few good ones on you tube, but a lot of them don't go into too much detail, specs, added hp, price etc. etc. etc. just figured I'd see what everyone else on here is runnin.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

That sounds amazing, I saw your vid on another thread, $1500 but where did you order it from?
Jayman33 he has a shop called hypermotiveperformance. Just add .com and you can get their website. Look em up good stuff. Very helpful.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Thanks Nick! If you're looking for just a cat-back I'm a big fan of Kooks or Stainless works. MBRP is something that needs to get done together. Nick has the full system, Headers to tips. Also, 1800 is a it much for a cat back, you're looking in the wrong places my friend
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: Alabama
american muscle is now offering sound clips, and the new flowmaster cat back is what u want, very aggressive and only 749.00 shippped, american muscle is your best choice for exhaust Am #AM
bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:39 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Offload hpipe bassani cat back works good for me
Old 04-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
i got roush axle backs for like 500 bucks. and cut out the resonators and put in some straight pipe. every person i have ever talked to, loves my exhaust. and it was very cheap and all. just to let everyone know. the exhaust on these cars is top of the line. putting headers and midpipe and all that is just gonna make it loud. if you did a full exhaust you would maybe and i say maybe gain like 20whp. there are way more bang for your buck ideas then a 2k dollar exhaust. and if you have a dick cop around. its not worth it either. my town cop pulled me over so he could listen to it more. haha
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckooo13 View Post
i got roush axle backs for like 500 bucks. and cut out the resonators and put in some straight pipe. every person i have ever talked to, loves my exhaust. and it was very cheap and all. just to let everyone know. the exhaust on these cars is top of the line. putting headers and midpipe and all that is just gonna make it loud. if you did a full exhaust you would maybe and i say maybe gain like 20whp. there are way more bang for your buck ideas then a 2k dollar exhaust. and if you have a dick cop around. its not worth it either. my town cop pulled me over so he could listen to it more. haha
+1 for Roush. OP, like you, I really wanted a loud exhaust. after installing the Roush, I can tell you they are very loud. I am sure removing the resonators would make it ridiculous.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

cutouts all the way

close em when the cops come open them when you wanna impress!

DJwils08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk stang View Post
+1 for Roush. OP, like you, I really wanted a loud exhaust. after installing the Roush, I can tell you they are very loud. I am sure removing the resonators would make it ridiculous.
+2

Roush Axle-back sounds like what a Mustang should. Good ol' fashioned american muscle.
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Flow master outlaws
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Nothing but headers.... Jk haha FRPP/Borla, roush, or rtr.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaximilian View Post

+2

Roush Axle-back sounds like what a Mustang should. Good ol' fashioned american muscle.
Sorry. Borla sounds how a muscle car should. I know, I've had both
Old 04-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quote:
+2

+3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if you only do axlebacks) I've read changing the midpipe messes up the sound though.
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Sorry. Borla sounds how a muscle car should. I know, I've had both
I have no sympathy for your misguided opinion.

Would love to hear it. Do you have a sound clip?
Old 04-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have no sympathy for your misguided opinion.

Would love to hear it. Do you have a sound clip?
Well I can tell you my Borla with the O/R X is deeper and more rumply and growls far more than the roush ever was with the stock h. I also don't mean loudness. That is a different story. The roush with the stock H wasn't bad but no where near that deep rumble the borla has. Roush with an o/R x was NASCAR rasp.

Search isawwholyfire on YouTube.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I can tell you my Borla with the O/R X is deeper and more rumply and growls far more than the roush ever was with the stock h. I also don't mean loudness. That is a different story. The roush with the stock H wasn't bad but no where near that deep rumble the borla has. Roush with an o/R x was NASCAR rasp.

Search isawwholyfire on YouTube.
Even if I got the Borla, I wouldn't get an X-Pipe. That makes it street illegal, correct?

Not trying to get greedy with power at the expense of cops just looking for a reason to pull me over and inspect my ish, I've got plenty of power. And I happen to love the Roush AB.

Thanks, I'll look up the sound clip. Is it your car?

EDIT: Nothing came up when I searched that name on youtube.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Found it. Only 1 "W"

That's a beautiful note. OK, you win. But the Roush is still pretty bad ***.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Even if I got the Borla, I wouldn't get an X-Pipe. That makes it street illegal, correct?

Not trying to get greedy with power at the expense of cops just looking for a reason to pull me over and inspect my ish, I've got plenty of power. And I happen to love the Roush AB.

Thanks, I'll look up the sound clip. Is it your car?

EDIT: Nothing came up when I searched that name on youtube.
Not the x pipe part but the cat deletes is illegal. Technically. With the roush it just gets obnoxious loud but that mostly comes from it being a muffler delete. The borla is still muffler so it can be loud but you don't get the crazy drone you get with the roush and no cats so for cruising is a good bit quieter.

With the cats on the roush has zero drone and does sound really good. I just still like the borla better. If I hadn't gone cat deletes I'd probably still have the roush. It was the drone and NASCAR rasp that made me want them off my car with a quickness.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Found it. Only 1 "W"

That's a beautiful note. OK, you win. But the Roush is still pretty bad ***.
My bad! Haha was typing and going through a drive through.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not the x pipe part but the cat deletes is illegal. Technically. With the roush it just gets obnoxious loud but that mostly comes from it being a muffler delete. The borla is still muffler so it can be loud but you don't get the crazy drone you get with the roush and no cats so for cruising is a good bit quieter.

With the cats on the roush has zero drone and does sound really good. I just still like the borla better. If I hadn't gone cat deletes I'd probably still have the roush. It was the drone and NASCAR rasp that made me want them off my car with a quickness.
What drone? The Roush AB? I have zero drone in my car.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I think nosympathy meant with the addition of an o/R x.
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
I think nosympathy meant with the addition of an o/R x.
Yup. That is what I said too. The roush and no cats has drone. Reread what I said.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Whatever you do don't go full straight pipe. I have no cats or any kind of muffler and resonator and to say its loud is an understatement
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup. That is what I said too. The roush and no cats has drone. Reread what I said.
Hey, you know what? You're right.

Also, eat sh*t. I was at work so I skimmed through it.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey, you know what? You're right.

Also, eat sh*t. I was at work so I skimmed through it.
Don't gotta be an *** to me because you didn't read what I wrote.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Don't gotta be an *** to me because you didn't read what I wrote.
Oh, I'm not being an ***...or at least wasn't intending to. I figured as someone such as yourself who's claimed to have driven numerous people off the board, you'd appreciate some brash (yet, meant to be friendly) banter.

I guess you don't know me well enough yet.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh, I'm not being an ***...or at least wasn't intending to. I figured as someone such as yourself who's claimed to have driven numerous people off the board, you'd appreciate some brash (yet, meant to be friendly) banter.

I guess you don't know me well enough yet.
Haha nope. I don't mind the banter. I'm just trying to be careful I have impacted wisdom teeth and feel nausea about 24/7 among headaches and jaw pain and ear aches. I see the dentist on the 8th and it couldn't come soon enough. I feel bad enough I might explode for no reason so I am trying to take it easy right now haha.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha nope. I don't mind the banter. I'm just trying to be careful I have impacted wisdom teeth and feel nausea about 24/7 among headaches and jaw pain and ear aches. I see the dentist on the 8th and it couldn't come soon enough. I feel bad enough I might explode for no reason so I am trying to take it easy right now haha.
Yeeeesh. Sounds crappy man. You should request some 10/325 Norco for that stuff (not condoning drugs use, btw). If not, they should easily prescribe it post-procedure.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I love the sound of corsca exhaust
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeeeesh. Sounds crappy man. You should request some 10/325 Norco for that stuff (not condoning drugs use, btw). If not, they should easily prescribe it post-procedure.
Yeah I am hoping they put me on something until the surgery which hopefully won't be far out. I can still function but I feel weak and terribly lethargic haha. Glad I have a desk job.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Flowmaster outlaws are really throaty and deep sounding plus they're only 399.99 on AM another good choice would be flowmaster American thunders or SLP loudmouths
Old 05-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Pypes Pipe-Bombs you can't go wrong.
tarupert is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT