I don't know how anyone does it anymore! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
I don't know how anyone does it anymore!

So I have my RTR rims getting refinished and get to pick them up Thursday at the soonest. I have had too drive twice since then and put the stock 18X8 rims with 235-50-18 pirelli tires back on.

I have almost killed myself twice! I don't know how a car like this should be allowed to come with such small tires/rims!!! haha. I broke out the back end constantly with this rims and tires. With the 285-35-19 MT and the 19X9.5 RTR rims on all four corner and all my suspension mods I couldn't break the back end free if I tried my hardest to do it. Could loose grip in the front either.

I've almost lost complete control of the car twice now haha and I am trying to honestly not drive it like the RTRs are on there as I know they don't hold as well!!!

I pray for anyone on here with 8" wide rims and a/s tires. It is a scary experience.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
So I have my RTR rims getting refinished and get to pick them up Thursday at the soonest. I have had too drive twice since then and put the stock 18X8 rims with 235-50-18 pirelli tires back on.

I have almost killed myself twice! I don't know how a car like this should be allowed to come with such small tires/rims!!! haha. I broke out the back end constantly with this rims and tires. With the 285-35-19 MT and the 19X9.5 RTR rims on all four corner and all my suspension mods I couldn't break the back end free if I tried my hardest to do it. Could loose grip in the front either.

I've almost lost complete control of the car twice now haha and I am trying to honestly not drive it like the RTRs are on there as I know they don't hold as well!!!

I pray for anyone on here with 8" wide rims and a/s tires. It is a scary experience.
I said the same exact thing when i got mine. A 235 tire on a 420 hp car is ridiculous. Cheap rims/tires is not a good way for ford to keep the costs down.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,684
18" wheels with about a 275 tire seems to be the all around best wheel/tire combo for Mustangs in general.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

I said the same exact thing when i got mine. A 235 tire on a 420 hp car is ridiculous. Cheap rims/tires is not a good way for ford to keep the costs down.
Yeah just another one of those "wish I'd done it sooner mods" and if I get another stang I am starting it 100% the opposite of how I started this one.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
18" wheels with about a 275 tire seems to be the all around best wheel/tire combo for Mustangs in general.
Yeah I like my 19" though
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Napoleon85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
18" wheels with about a 275 tire seems to be the all around best wheel/tire combo for Mustangs in general.
Agreed, or wider. You can fit 18x11 Forgestars on all four corners of the S197 and fit 305 wide tires. Mmm ..... grip.
__________________
Official Exhaust Thread Troller
Napoleon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 297
I'm fine with lower cost due to bad tires and wheels. More reason to buy forged ones!
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
I'm fine with lower cost due to bad tires and wheels. More reason to buy forged ones!
It does make a good reason to buy forged or any other aftermarket rim/tire, but it definitely is a safety issue for those who cant afford, or just choose not to replace them right away.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

It does make a good reason to buy forged or any other aftermarket rim/tire, but it definitely is a safety issue for those who cant afford, or just choose not to replace them right away.
Yeah I just didn't realize how much until I switched back.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:26 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.