I don't know how anyone does it anymore! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I don't know how anyone does it anymore!

So I have my RTR rims getting refinished and get to pick them up Thursday at the soonest. I have had too drive twice since then and put the stock 18X8 rims with 235-50-18 pirelli tires back on.

I have almost killed myself twice! I don't know how a car like this should be allowed to come with such small tires/rims!!! haha. I broke out the back end constantly with this rims and tires. With the 285-35-19 MT and the 19X9.5 RTR rims on all four corner and all my suspension mods I couldn't break the back end free if I tried my hardest to do it. Could loose grip in the front either.

I've almost lost complete control of the car twice now haha and I am trying to honestly not drive it like the RTRs are on there as I know they don't hold as well!!!

I pray for anyone on here with 8" wide rims and a/s tires. It is a scary experience.
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
So I have my RTR rims getting refinished and get to pick them up Thursday at the soonest. I have had too drive twice since then and put the stock 18X8 rims with 235-50-18 pirelli tires back on.

I have almost killed myself twice! I don't know how a car like this should be allowed to come with such small tires/rims!!! haha. I broke out the back end constantly with this rims and tires. With the 285-35-19 MT and the 19X9.5 RTR rims on all four corner and all my suspension mods I couldn't break the back end free if I tried my hardest to do it. Could loose grip in the front either.

I've almost lost complete control of the car twice now haha and I am trying to honestly not drive it like the RTRs are on there as I know they don't hold as well!!!

I pray for anyone on here with 8" wide rims and a/s tires. It is a scary experience.
I said the same exact thing when i got mine. A 235 tire on a 420 hp car is ridiculous. Cheap rims/tires is not a good way for ford to keep the costs down.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
18" wheels with about a 275 tire seems to be the all around best wheel/tire combo for Mustangs in general.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

I said the same exact thing when i got mine. A 235 tire on a 420 hp car is ridiculous. Cheap rims/tires is not a good way for ford to keep the costs down.
Yeah just another one of those "wish I'd done it sooner mods" and if I get another stang I am starting it 100% the opposite of how I started this one.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
18" wheels with about a 275 tire seems to be the all around best wheel/tire combo for Mustangs in general.
Yeah I like my 19" though
Old 04-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Agreed, or wider. You can fit 18x11 Forgestars on all four corners of the S197 and fit 305 wide tires. Mmm ..... grip.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm fine with lower cost due to bad tires and wheels. More reason to buy forged ones!
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
I'm fine with lower cost due to bad tires and wheels. More reason to buy forged ones!
It does make a good reason to buy forged or any other aftermarket rim/tire, but it definitely is a safety issue for those who cant afford, or just choose not to replace them right away.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

It does make a good reason to buy forged or any other aftermarket rim/tire, but it definitely is a safety issue for those who cant afford, or just choose not to replace them right away.
Yeah I just didn't realize how much until I switched back.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT