Well crap - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

Lol.. The service manager said there was more water than that in in there.. Outta the $20 I got he said it was more like 3/4 water
Report them to your States weights and measures dept. I bet the owner wears a towel on his head.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Report them to your States weights and measures dept. I bet the owner wears a towel on his head.
How's you guess? Lol I believe someone already did report them and also to the EPA. The was a industrial plant that blew up right next door about a week ago so maybe that caused an issue w their tanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Please tell us what brand so we can avoid them!
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post
Please tell us what brand so we can avoid them!
It was from Exxon and it was 93 supreme.. I will say though that I usually get my gas there because its the only place in town w 93. Haven't had an issue before so who knows what happened. I sucked it up and switched my tune to 91 octane race so I don't have to eff w it any more
Old 05-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Damn, Exxon normally has some of the best products.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
It was from Exxon and it was 93 supreme.. I will say though that I usually get my gas there because its the only place in town w 93. Haven't had an issue before so who knows what happened. I sucked it up and switched my tune to 91 octane race so I don't have to eff w it any more
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Damn, Exxon normally has some of the best products.
Surprising ... Exxon is one of the best gas chains out there. One of the very few to be Top Tier Gas (Top Tier Gasoline) certified too. I used to go to UDF just to get Exxon gas before they switched to their own "home brew" that they will not disclose the origin of.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I use shell 93 or sunoco 93.. Runs great!
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Well supposedly these guys have taken the filters off their tanks? That's the word around here anyway.. We live in a town of 13k in AR so it's easy to get by w things like that
Old 05-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Well supposedly these guys have taken the filters off their tanks? That's the word around here anyway.. We live in a town of 13k in AR so it's easy to get by w things like that
I believe I would ask the station owner if that is the case, before I fueled. If inline spin-on filters are removed from pumps, they are just asking for trouble, expense and causing customers undue hardships. Another observation on pump filtering... If you notice slower than usual delivery, tell them the filter needs to be changed asap.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick9550 View Post
You sure you didn't grab the diesel pump on accident?
the diesel pumps are bigger than regular gas pumps it wouldn't fit
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned1 View Post

the diesel pumps are bigger than regular gas pumps it wouldn't fit
Not everywhere.
2011 GT Premium Black on Black, Eibach Sportline, Eibach Camber Bolts, BMRAdjustable Pan-hard bar, 19 x 9 Replica Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 275/35-19, GT/CSFront Fascia, C&L CAI, SCT SF3 w/ Bama Tune, Bassani Axle backs.
rick9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Not everywhere.
Yep was gonna say looked at them yesterday in Florence Kentucky when I got gas. They were the same size.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Yep was gonna say looked at them yesterday in Florence Kentucky when I got gas. They were the same size.
try putting them in

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote:

Not everywhere.
never been somewhere they were the same
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Just a thought... What about the diesel ricers and euros? Do they have larger filler neck holes for diesel pump nozzles? If not, that may be the reason why stations use gasoline nozzles on the auto diesel islands.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
As the car was presumably running fine when pulling into the gas station, it rules out a clogged fuel filter. There is a likelyhood of water being in the fuel, which can be treated with Sea Foam additive. Any discussion of diesel is ruled out by the engine not producing black smoke, just running poorly. Put high octane fuel to top off the tank and dump a can of SeaFoam in. Run the engine at a high idle until it clears up.
mtnman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman325 View Post
As the car was presumably running fine when pulling into the gas station, it rules out a clogged fuel filter. There is a likelyhood of water being in the fuel, which can be treated with Sea Foam additive. Any discussion of diesel is ruled out by the engine not producing black smoke, just running poorly. Put high octane fuel to top off the tank and dump a can of SeaFoam in. Run the engine at a high idle until it clears up.
Ill assume you didn't see the pic I posted? Lol
Old 05-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I guess you didn't read the whole thread....
2011 GT Premium Black on Black, Eibach Sportline, Eibach Camber Bolts, BMRAdjustable Pan-hard bar, 19 x 9 Replica Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 275/35-19, GT/CSFront Fascia, C&L CAI, SCT SF3 w/ Bama Tune, Bassani Axle backs.
rick9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ill assume you didn't see the pic I posted? Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT