Boss 302 Intake on 2011 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Region: Michigan
Boss 302 Intake on 2011 GT

I put the Boss 302 Intake manifold with an SCT 93octane tune. If I run in 5th gear at less than 1800 RPM the check engine light comes on. This has happened several times now. The scanner shows Catalyst and Steeda tells me that it is the exhaust sensor. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do to rectify it?

4968coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Region: Kentucky
Is it the SCT canned tune that comes with the tuner? If so scrap that tune and get a decent email tube. There's no tune that comes on the handheld tuner that is made for the boss intake. It's likely either a rich or lean code which is definitely due to the amount of air coming into and leaving the motor

New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
Loc: Austin,TX
Region: Texas
Did you not retune after the install? I've had no issues since adding my Boss mani.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Well, if you got the Steeda power pack with the Boss IM, CAI, and the Steeda 93 tune, you bought a good package! But if the code is telling you it's an exhaust issue, I'd get under the car and check all you connections. I've got the same power package but when I hooked up my cat delete and X-pipe, one side just wouldn't clamp tight. The exhaust leak thru a code, I think it was P219A. Mine was exhaust pressure difference, and the code was right. I dropped the exhaust, welded it up, threw out the clamp that leaked, and cleared the code. It never returned. Check your exhaust would be my suggestion. Good luck !
Konawin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT