Trade or Swap? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Yea lol I made 14.49 as a sprinkler fitter and worked overtime but never got paid for it haha slave labor.. if my journeyman had some balls I woulda made good money
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT View Post
Yea lol I made 14.49 as a sprinkler fitter and worked overtime but never got paid for it haha slave labor.. if my journeyman had some balls I woulda made good money
I'd love to work where you work bro. Quicker drive and I know it is a good company to work for. Dunno that they would want an IT guy like me
Old 04-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Do you have a degree? They need supervisors.. once you get in at ford as hourly its great your job is secure.. and if they ever laid us off we could transfer plants so ill never have to worry bout not working.. would suck to transfer but its nice to know I have a job no matter what. If they give us applications for new hires ill let ya know bro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you have a degree? They need supervisors.. once you get in at ford as hourly its great your job is secure.. and if they ever laid us off we could transfer plants so ill never have to worry bout not working.. would suck to transfer but its nice to know I have a job no matter what. If they give us applications for new hires ill let ya know bro
Nope. That is my downside. I have excellent experience. Specially with my current job. It isn't exactly low teir. I'd still apply. My problem is I look young and sadly some people choose to treat me that way. Regardless of how I act.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Well theres pleanty of young people here now.. we hired a bunch this past year.. hopefully we can get some more soon.. would possibly bump my pay up a considerable amount if they do lol. You move to Kentucky yet?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
People hate when I say it but my favorite body style is hands down the 2010-2012. Second to that is the terminator. Not the 2013-14
AGREED!!
2011 GT Premium Black on Black, Eibach Sportline, Eibach Camber Bolts, BMRAdjustable Pan-hard bar, 19 x 9 Replica Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 275/35-19, GT/CSFront Fascia, C&L CAI, SCT SF3 w/ Bama Tune, Bassani Axle backs.
rick9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well theres pleanty of young people here now.. we hired a bunch this past year.. hopefully we can get some more soon.. would possibly bump my pay up a considerable amount if they do lol. You move to Kentucky yet?
Nope. Not yet. I am definitely down to work for Ford would be awesome. Haha. I like my current job in a lot of ways but I would bet I'd make a lot more at Ford.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Yea starting pay is just under 16 but you get a raise every year and every contract which is every 3 years. Plus incentives are good.. we got a profit sharing check for last year of 8500.. well depending on all your hours worked.. but there's good and bad like every job..
Old 04-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea starting pay is just under 16 but you get a raise every year and every contract which is every 3 years. Plus incentives are good.. we got a profit sharing check for last year of 8500.. well depending on all your hours worked.. but there's good and bad like every job..
Lol I already make a good deal more than that and close to a promotion and making more.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #80
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

Nope. Not yet. I am definitely down to work for Ford would be awesome. Haha. I like my current job in a lot of ways but I would bet I'd make a lot more at Ford.
Tenured employees at that plant make 6 figures depending on what you do. That's really good for that line of work.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ouch I made that working for Best Buy as a full times sales associate. I don't work for them anymore and make a ton more, but just saying
Lol I worked at as hvac tech and a service attendant at a transit company until I got my mathematics/mechanical engineering degree. Now I drive around a company truck and tell people what to do haha. And make way more than twice 13 a hour
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Tenured employees at that plant make 6 figures depending on what you do. That's really good for that line of work.
Yeah I bet. My current company is the same way. But really isn't tenured just level 3 on calls. You can hit that and 6 figures in 5 years if you really want too. I do but only 7 months with this company so far. 5 years wasted at Best Buy going no where.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #83
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yeah I bet. My current company is the same way. But really isn't tenured just level 3 on calls. You can hit that and 6 figures in 5 years if you really want too. I do but only 7 months with this company so far. 5 years wasted at Best Buy going no where.
Yeah...best buy sm's make 6 figures too though. But it's very hard to move up in a company as fast as you want.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah...best buy sm's make 6 figures too though. But it's very hard to move up in a company as fast as you want.
See best buy is like a highschool more so than any other company I have worked for.

People get promoted not to be good at their job but to not be good enough to take their superiors job while being the escape goat when things fail. The few who slip through are lucky, sort of. Bottom tier manager makes 50K and will work 50-60 hours a week. GMs will make 90-120K and work 70-80 hours a week.

Most people are hired regardless of experience. My last manager before quiting was a 6 year running assistant manager at a local McDonalds. He didn't know how electronics worked much less running people. I went through 9 managers in 5 years.

2 got arrested. I've been through even more supervisors.

Personally from what I've seen of best buys focuses they will be out of business within 2-3 years. Their mobile phone department is the only reason they haven't gone under yet. I promise you on that and they know it. They threaten employees with their jobs company wide for not lieing to customers to sell costly and un needed services.

The things I could say concerning best buy that is probably still private information I am not sure I can disclose would make people sick. I stayed as long as I did for the discount.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #85
Road Trip!

Quote:

See best buy is like a highschool more so than any other company I have worked for.

People get promoted not to be good at their job but to not be good enough to take their superiors job while being the escape goat when things fail. The few who slip through are lucky, sort of. Bottom tier manager makes 50K and will work 50-60 hours a week. GMs will make 90-120K and work 70-80 hours a week.

Most people are hired regardless of experience. My last manager before quiting was a 6 year running assistant manager at a local McDonalds. He didn't know how electronics worked much less running people. I went through 9 managers in 5 years.

2 got arrested. I've been through even more supervisors.

Personally from what I've seen of best buys focuses they will be out of business within 2-3 years. Their mobile phone department is the only reason they haven't gone under yet. I promise you on that and they know it. They threaten employees with their jobs company wide for not lieing to customers to sell costly and un needed services.

The things I could say concerning best buy that is probably still private information I am not sure I can disclose would make people sick. I stayed as long as I did for the discount.
Yeah I know. I know several people from best buy. It's a hard company to work for. Very easy company to recruit from because they treat their employees like crap.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I know. I know several people from best buy. It's a hard company to work for. Very easy company to recruit from because they treat their employees like crap.
Yep. I left with the quickness soon as a good opportunity presented itself.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I'm just talkin startin pay.. and yea 100+ once you hit top tier pay. That's why I left my apprenticship
Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I'm just talkin startin pay.. and yea 100+ once you hit top tier pay. That's why I left my apprenticship
Yeah that is a good way to do it. I just couldn't tale the pay drop to started working elsewhere. If they wanted to pay me close to what I make now haha.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

In a few years I should bump up to 28+ it all depends on people retiring and people getting hired. Not sure exactly how much but that's just hourly on the floor. I have my skilled trades app in so hopefully I get either electrical or pipe fitting. Either one ill make 33+

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

But one of the best benefits from ford is the job security honestly. Id take a pay cut to work here lol but that's me

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

And if you saw what jobs I was doin all day you might see why Im very happy with ford haha
Old 04-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

I work for one of the largest ATM and Authorization link companies in the world. My job is secure haha.

I sit at a desk all day troubleshooting and working on routers and software. Haha.

I agree Ford is good too, I just have zero worry about job security.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Race Reds are rolling deep here today
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Race Reds are rolling deep here today
Haha two of us live in the same city. Where are you?!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Well good lol
Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha two of us live in the same city. Where are you?!
Here in dirty Jersey, not super far... I know its kinda early to mention this but since this thread is already jacked, how many ppl are making the AM show??
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Here in dirty Jersey, not super far... I know its kinda early to mention this but since this thread is already jacked, how many ppl are making the AM show??
I'd like too. When is it?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'd like too. When is it?
August 11th, its a good place to meet some fellow ME members, this was last years... Photos compliments of DWC_Smozilla. Since u mentioned location,and I got the Facebook invite, it got me started up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1398273795.png
Views:	39
Size:	497.1 KB
ID:	105331   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4101541064.png
Views:	40
Size:	358.9 KB
ID:	105332  

Old 04-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Yea that would be fun to go to

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Whetes it going to be at this year?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

August 11th, its a good place to meet some fellow ME members, this was last years... Photos compliments of DWC_Smozilla. Since u mentioned location,and I got the Facebook invite, it got me started up
Ehhh I might. Its on a Sunday and unless my schedule changes I work Sunday-Tuesday no exceptions haha. Long ways out but well see.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT
And you work at Ford ? That's 1989 wages.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

They started a 2 tier pay scale. When I hit above the 20 % mark ill make full pay. 2000 they started at around 14 only difference was there raises were a lot more then. Sooo yea any other info you need to be updated on mr. 1989? Lol
Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

LovinmyGT, I can has job? I have an associate's in automotive technology and a bachelor's in business administration I'll move lol
kornflake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Lol korn u prob wouldn't have a hard time getting hired I wish I had your training
Old 04-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Eh I'm in the wrong part of the country and I don't like cold lol, hopefully moving up shortly with my company and I'll be happy but we shall see. If not it's always an option
Old 04-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Where ya at now? Florida?
Old 04-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Nah Texas, we have toyota here in town San Antonio but it's about 1 hr away from where I live

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT