What type Car Alarm should i get? For My GT 2013 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dpando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midland
Region: Texas
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine View Post

Guess not.
Apparently you did not read well the penal code.
2) The stats I used were from the cases of incarrcerated people in the Texas Department of criminal justice.
3) If someone is on my property stealing from me its my given right to neutralize the intruder, according to the Texas Penal Code.
Ill cite you some real life cases.
Let me just get out of class.
4) We are talking of someone stealing from you. Whether a car or a couple cd's.
Dpando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #37
Moderator Emeritus
 
Adogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,499
Hello to the two guys fighting!!!! You both should check out www.expertlaw.com and go to there forum section and duke it out there and more law educated people can chime in also. This is were I go sometimes when I am confused on something (crj major)!!
__________________
Don't hate....... appreciate
Adogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dpando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midland
Region: Texas
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Hello to the two guys fighting!!!! You both should check out www.expertlaw.com and go to there forum section and duke it out there and more law educated people can chime in also. This is were I go sometimes when I am confused on something (crj major)!!
Your rigt bud. As for the orginal question viper is good alarm system with remote start.
Dpando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
ThinBlueLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpando View Post

Apparently you did not read well the penal code.
2) The stats I used were from the cases of incarrcerated people in the Texas Department of criminal justice.
3) If someone is on my property stealing from me its my given right to neutralize the intruder, according to the Texas Penal Code.
Ill cite you some real life cases.
Let me just get out of class.
4) We are talking of someone stealing from you. Whether a car or a couple cd's.
You're still just dancing around the facts I've listed. Please show me where it says 90% of thieves are drug addicts!

Your number three has no basis in fact as I've disproven that twice already by the penal code you gave. Read my post. You can't prove you were in fear for your life when you leave the safety of your home to confront a threat stealing your property.

Ill wait.
__________________
BAMA TUNED
LETHAL O/R H, GEN2 OVER AXLE PIPES & GT500's
DRIVESHAFT SHOP ALUMINUM DS W/ BMR LOOP
MGW SHORT SHIFTER
CDC CHIN SPOILER W/ BLACK BILLET GRILLS
BLACK JLT OIL SEPARATOR
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Imo, the number is higher than 90%.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine View Post

You're still just dancing around the facts I've listed. Please show me where it says 90% of thieves are drug addicts!

Your number three has no basis in fact as I've disproven that twice already by the penal code you gave. Read my post. You can't prove you were in fear for your life when you leave the safety of your home to confront a threat stealing your property.

Ill wait.
I don't want to join in on your argument or anything. BUT, not even two miles up the long country road we live on, a man was shot on the spot because he was attempting to steal horses. Not only was he shot once, but 8 times after that. I was on call that day and I had to stage that call(volunteer fire department) until the police arrived. Once I arrived on site, I talked to a local sheriff buddy of mine and he told me that when they ask the guy why he killed the man stealing his horses rather than calling the police he said "I confronted the man about stealing my horses, and he taunted me and proceeded to reach into a coat he was wearing." So basically, the owner of those horses said he thought the guy could have been grabbing a weapon himself (which is fear of life endangerment), so he neutralized the threat. He also commented that the reason he shot the man so many times is because the gun started clicking after 9 shots lol, and he wasn't taking a chance. Come to find out the guy stealing those horses had been stealing horses in the area for a few months and he was also wanted for known possession of drugs with intent to sell.

It's crazy to think that 100 years ago if you stole a mans horse they would hang you in front of the whole town for it.. Sometimes I wish it was that way still. Nothing like some rope burn from your shoulders to your ears to make you rethink the thug life lol.

Also, I have an alarm from predator OP. And I love mine. Can remote start car from afar if I remember to set the park brake and leave in neutral (I never do), and it has a pager that shows if the hood, doors, windows, or trunk may be open. It also lets me know if I forget to turn off any lights or if someone has bumped the car or made the alarm sound for any reason. Only downside is that it's near 1k alarm system I got half price from a friend who installs them.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Saintsone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

I don't want to join in on your argument or anything. BUT, not even two miles up the long country road we live on, a man was shot on the spot because he was attempting to steal horses. Not only was he shot once, but 8 times after that. I was on call that day and I had to stage that call(volunteer fire department) until the police arrived. Once I arrived on site, I talked to a local sheriff buddy of mine and he told me that when they ask the guy why he killed the man stealing his horses rather than calling the police he said "I confronted the man about stealing my horses, and he taunted me and proceeded to reach into a coat he was wearing." So basically, the owner of those horses said he thought the guy could have been grabbing a weapon himself (which is fear of life endangerment), so he neutralized the threat. He also commented that the reason he shot the man so many times is because the gun started clicking after 9 shots lol, and he wasn't taking a chance. Come to find out the guy stealing those horses had been stealing horses in the area for a few months and he was also wanted for known possession of drugs with intent to sell.

It's crazy to think that 100 years ago if you stole a mans horse they would hang you in front of the whole town for it.. Sometimes I wish it was that way still. Nothing like some rope burn from your shoulders to your ears to make you rethink the thug life lol.

Also, I have an alarm from predator OP. And I love mine. Can remote start car from afar if I remember to set the park brake and leave in neutral (I never do), and it has a pager that shows if the hood, doors, windows, or trunk may be open. It also lets me know if I forget to turn off any lights or if someone has bumped the car or made the alarm sound for any reason. Only downside is that it's near 1k alarm system I got half price from a friend who installs them.
What is the model # on the alarm system ?
Saintsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsone View Post

What is the model # on the alarm system ?
I wish I knew, but whatever it is.. It's iPhone compatible. He downloaded an app for me that I can use to track the car and everything. Maybe if you searched those type of alarms it might pop up. All I know is that it's predator supposedly
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

I wish I knew, but whatever it is.. It's iPhone compatible. He downloaded an app for me that I can use to track the car and everything. Maybe if you searched those type of alarms it might pop up. All I know is that it's predator supposedly
Search for GPS auto alarms
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dpando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midland
Region: Texas
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsone View Post

What is the model # on the alarm system ?
Google viper its their latest alarm system, you can arm it on their web site it will run you like $1500-2000
Dpando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Compstall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpando View Post

Ok first of all let me start by this Texas Penal codes are only valid in Texas, each state varies. I am a pre-law student. And I can site several cases where this has happend.
Justification is if you feel your life in immediate danger!
If I catch someone in the act, I would fear for my life. Cause I would not know if that thief is under some drug(s) and will attack me and kill me then go inside and kill my family as well. 90% of thieves are drug addicts, stealing to pay for their costly drug habit.
Now I said In Texas, to clarify any misunderstanding.
In Texas most cases of this type do not make it to trial
Just 2 yrs ago in Abilene, TX a guy got prison time for killing another person who pulled a gun first.
__________________
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dpando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midland
Region: Texas
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post

Just 2 yrs ago in Abilene, TX a guy got prison time for killing another person who pulled a gun first.
Every case is different. If he was at a bar or out on the street its a different case scenario.
Dpando is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:20 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.