Speeddawg shifter ball ???? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
Speeddawg shifter ball ????

The factory aluminium/annodized looking ball that comes from the factory in the 401A package and maybe some others that indeed came from factory in the car, has the exact same "Wide Boot retainer" as the one Speeddawg is showing as needed when buying a ball from them which is another 21.95. Whats wrong with the one in my car except it's alum. looking instead of black?? Need some help on this to understand it.
The narrow is for the shifter that looks more like a thumb. I can see that needing something to switch to the Ball but someone explain to me if you got the ball from the factory why you need this 21.95 wide retainer piece? For color reasons yes but the difference I just don't get it. Especially if I'm ordering a ball that is 12X1.25 threads and that's whats in the car now

2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Ohio
I don't have the retainer you do but if the speeddawg ball can just screw down tightly on it there wouldn't be a problem using it.

MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: New Jersey
This is the only pic I have right now, but I did have the Boss shift knob which is the same as your aluminum as far as the shift boot is concerned... U do have to buy the neck for the 401A, I have the black one... I believe they come in other colors... This is the Speeddawg version as well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4247375686.png
Views:	104
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	105323  
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT