Modern Billet Black Grill or Roush Grill - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgray24 View Post
I just ordered the fog light kit, so I'm gonna order those 5000s!!
Your better off getting 4500 so it can match your headlights... Unless u want a slightly more blue effect to the fogs
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Nah didn't want the blue so I did just order the 4500s. $50 and change shipped. Now, as far as install goes, I've never done it. I know the OEM fog kit will fit right in, but as far as changing the bulbs that come with that kit to the HIDs that I just ordered, how does that go?
Jgray24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Nah didn't want the blue so I did just order the 4500s. $50 and change shipped. Now, as far as install goes, I've never done it. I know the OEM fog kit will fit right in, but as far as changing the bulbs that come with that kit to the HIDs that I just ordered, how does that go?
It's very easy. Just have to plug in the ballast in between the factory plug & the bulb then mount the ballast and zip tie the wires up.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If its anything like the 10-12, u have the remove the front splash shield and u should have fair access to the bulbs... It's best to do on a lift or ramps, it could be different or the 13-14s tho
Old 05-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post
It's very easy. Just have to plug in the ballast in between the factory plug & the bulb then mount the ballast and zip tie the wires up.
I'm hoping it makes more sense when I see it, because right now I'm definitely lost!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm hoping it makes more sense when I see it, because right now I'm definitely lost!
Everything only goes into certain plugs. I should of taken pictures of it before I put on the big splash guard thingie on the bottom of the car. On the ddm site they have a PDF file of instructions. It's very simple. Anyways here are the pics of the fogs on to show there output that was requested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3781317153.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	106291

Outside the car just fogs on

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1095330080.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	477.5 KB
ID:	106292

Inside the car with fogs on only
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post

Everything only goes into certain plugs. I should of taken pictures of it before I put on the big splash guard thingie on the bottom of the car. On the ddm site they have a PDF file of instructions. It's very simple. Anyways here are the pics of the fogs on to show there output that was requested.

Sweet! I think you settled me on getting hids for the fogs! I didn't think they'd throw that much further but they sure do! Thanks man!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome, I really appreciate the feedback on all of this guys! Everything was ordered so now it's just a waiting game. Hopefully it'll all be in by the end of the week
Old 05-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Sweet! I think you settled me on getting hids for the fogs! I didn't think they'd throw that much further but they sure do! Thanks man!
I was pleasantly surprised to. You don realize how much output they have until you turn off the headlights and have just the fogs on

Quote:
Awesome, I really appreciate the feedback on all of this guys! Everything was ordered so now it's just a waiting game. Hopefully it'll all be in by the end of the week
That's being optimistic. They ship from china (the hids). so it takes a while. I forget how long mine took but I ordered in the middle of the week. Hopefully you'll get the hids soon. The gt/Cs fog light kit was at my house within 2 days as long as they are in stock!
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Old 05-06-2013, 04:12 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was pleasantly surprised to. You don realize how much output they have until you turn off the headlights and have just the fogs on

That's being optimistic. They ship from china (the hids). so it takes a while. I forget how long mine took but I ordered in the middle of the week. Hopefully you'll get the hids soon. The gt/Cs fog light kit was at my house within 2 days as long as they are in stock!
Ah that'll take a while then! Found that install PDF file from DDM so I'm hoping it'll go smoothly
Old 05-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That looks pretty good!! I'm gonna pull the trigger after seeing this!! Did u get the harness with the kit? Or it's not necessary with the 35W kit??
Old 05-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

That looks pretty good!! I'm gonna pull the trigger after seeing this!! Did u get the harness with the kit? Or it's not necessary with the 35W kit??
Nope. The only "extras" I got were the brackets to mount the ballast to one of the fog light kit screws.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT