Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Modern Billet Black Grill or Roush Grill

7K views 46 replies 12 participants last post by  Joey8 
#1 ·
Curious on opinions both are pretty similar but obviously a big price difference. The Modern Billet is on sale for $170 right now top/bottom combo. While Roush is about $400 top/bottom what do you guys think?

#7 ·
I have the modern grill and I am very happy with it. Two days after I installed it I hit an endtable that was laying upside down in the middle of the highway doing 75 mph. The grill was bent slightly. I bent it back straight and it looks fine. No paint problems at all. I think it is pretty tough.

#8 ·
CDC performance grill here! I love it. Just want to confuse you some more on the possible options :)

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Grille Automotive exterior

Grille Automotive exterior Hood Bumper Vehicle

Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Car Hood

#15 ·
THIS KIT COULD BE ADAPTED TO A GT TO HAVE THE FOGS IN THE LOWER FASCIA AS WELL.
Search for Ford Part No: DR3Z-15200-AA. That's the fog light kit. The hid kit I got from ddmtuning.com. Go to his kits and select 35watt 4500k if you want it close to the factory headlights and I also got the mounting brackets.

#17 ·
I think it's the parts or replacement parts not sure. Search the part number on google and it should come up. I think it's like 140 shipped. Remember though you have to either solder the wires or buy taps to tap isn't the wires which were originally plugged into the grill fog lights. I solder them and it was a breeze and I never really solder much before. As far as the hid light output it's not terrible but it's certainly not like the grill fogs. I'm happy with it. I'm about to run to target so ill take a few pics to show you

#19 ·
#21 ·
I don't have any jacks or jack stands so it was a ***** to get under the car and unscrew and screw it the fog light housings. So it took me about 3 hours. But with a lift or stands it shouldn't take you anymore then an hour or so once you have the grill and fogs removed. And yeah the brackets were 2.99 it's a little metal piece that goes on the back of the ballast so you can mount it. I mounted it using the top left screw to the fog ligjts. You'll see what I mean when you get it.

#23 ·
Product Machine Auto part Metal Gear

Just the headlights on

Emblem Vehicle Logo Porsche Font

Headlights and fogs. Notice the little wider view and the bluish more pure white ligh is the fogs

Light Automotive lighting Lighting Darkness Mode of transport

Just fogs.

#25 ·
That is outside man. They are aimed at the outside of the garage.

#26 ·
You sold me! I'm gonna order the kit and try to do the install when i put the roush high flow upper grille on. I think I'm also going to go ahead and remove the stock honeycomb that's on the lower and leave it off for a while until i decide whether or not I want to order that roush lower. What i really want is the open lower that's on the stage 3 cars

#37 ·
Nah didn't want the blue so I did just order the 4500s. $50 and change shipped. Now, as far as install goes, I've never done it. I know the OEM fog kit will fit right in, but as far as changing the bulbs that come with that kit to the HIDs that I just ordered, how does that go?

#38 ·
It's very easy. Just have to plug in the ballast in between the factory plug & the bulb then mount the ballast and zip tie the wires up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.