2013 first mod sugestions - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

You have a stock H.........

I was referring him to what happens with an O/R. I agree the roush isn't really raspy/no drone on the stock h but the moment it goes on an O/R pipe it sure is. Also I still don't get how anyone thinks borlas are raspy. They are like the anti rasp. Along with corsa.
The same way some people think country music sounds good lol.
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf102770 View Post

The same way some people think country music sounds good lol.
Doesn't even make sense...makes me think you haven't heard them in person or don't know what rasp is...
Old 05-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sct

Cai

X pipe

Cat deletes

Thats were i would start
Hoven91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Doesn't even make sense...makes me think you haven't heard them in person or don't know what rasp is...
Heard them on a 13 5.0 and to me they sounded awful. Dude dont get all upset that I dont like the sound of your preferred system..thats why there are so many available...not everyone thinks the Borlas sound good..not everyone thinks the roush sounds good and thats their opinion.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Heard them on a 13 5.0 and to me they sounded awful. Dude dont get all upset that I dont like the sound of your preferred system..thats why there are so many available...not everyone thinks the Borlas sound good..not everyone thinks the roush sounds good and thats their opinion.
I'm not upset you don't like them. Just said I don't get it. What upsets me is your first response where you delibertly misread what I wrote concerning the roush. Just saying!

Also, there are 3 different seta of borlas...which ones did you hear BTW?
Old 05-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm not upset you don't like them. Just said I don't get it. What upsets me is your first response where you delibertly misread what I wrote concerning the roush. Just saying!

Also, there are 3 different seta of borlas...which ones did you hear BTW?
S types
Old 05-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

S types
The s types are prob the best ones. I hate the attak ones sounds to riceerish
Old 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Bama is not the only company who offer free tunes for life, they just market better than everyone else which is easy to do with 100+ employees. Get a VMP, Lund, AED tune or even steeda. The issue with #8 was when the coyote's just came out. I haven't heard of a reputable tuner popping an N/A car at all recently, blowing them on F/I but that's what happens when you push the more to the limits. I just had a customer switch from Bama to VMP, after seeing the difference he wished he would have done it sooner but you get what you pay for....
I would stick with suspension anyways and depending on what you do with your car, upgrade the stock brakes to better lines fluids and pads.
This post is about the only sane piece of advice in this thread. Axlebacks and CAIs do next to nothing for these cars, but many people buy them for aesthetics and sound.

Pretty much no matter what you're doing with the car it has enough power for now. The 420HP these cars come out of the gate with is more than enough to overwhelm the stock suspension.

What are your goals and intended use for the car? This info will help us come up with much more intelligent answers than a two page frackfest argument about axlebacks.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post

This post is about the only sane piece of advice in this thread. Axlebacks and CAIs do next to nothing for these cars, but many people buy them for aesthetics and sound.

Pretty much no matter what you're doing with the car it has enough power for now. The 420HP these cars come out of the gate with is more than enough to overwhelm the stock suspension.

What are your goals and intended use for the car? This info will help us come up with much more intelligent answers than a two page frackfest argument about axlebacks.
Pritty much I just want a killer street car. Maybe I see some drag in the future but not anytime
Old 05-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post

Pritty much I just want a killer street car. Maybe I see some drag in the future but not anytime
He still has a good point, about suspension. He also is very moody and wants to cry because I tried to steer you away from the holy hell rasp of an O/R X plus Roush. I guess that was bad of me and I should have told you to not do either and do suspension.

For me I say exhaust first then suspension. Even if exhaust is just axle backs. These cars sound wimpy with stock exhaust.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

He still has a good point, about suspension. He also is very moody and wants to cry because I tried to steer you away from the holy hell rasp of an O/R X plus Roush. I guess that was bad of me and I should have told you to not do either and do suspension.

For me I say exhaust first then suspension. Even if exhaust is just axle backs. These cars sound wimpy with stock exhaust.
Yep I kinda realized it by now
Old 05-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have a new edge but I always suggest exhaust first
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I will say that the Roush sound amazing with the factory H and cats, and terrible with an offroad X. I'm not saying don't buy axlebacks, just be aware that the only thing it will do is improve the sound of the car. It's not really a mod per se.

If you want a badass street car just get some Koni STR.Ts (or yellows if you have the $$$) and a decent set of springs. You said you've already got some sticky tires, so you might as well have the suspension to utilize that grip. Definitely don't forget about brakes either, as said above. The stock brakes aren't terrible, but I was amazed at what difference putting in good pads made.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Here's something that will make you laugh and let you hear the Roush axle backs too. I forgot car was in gear LOL.

http://youtu.be/DCOP5PCCmMQ
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:14 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Would long tube headers be worth the money?
tarupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarupert View Post
Would long tube headers be worth the money?
If you plan on mods depending what you have yes if not then its will make you louder and about 10+ hp.
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:16 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Hey Davey, is that ONLY the roush axle backs? No other exhaust mod? Sounds good man.
Green5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT