370z vs 2011 5.0 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
Thats cute....how dose 1200hp suite you?

With a Hellion kit, it would suit me well for about two dyno runs before it broke and I had to start making excuses as to why I haven't been able to get a clean pass in for almost two years.
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
You really want to go there?
Fact: 350 cbi Chevy has more HP then our 302 cbi Mustangs do.
Fact: Our Mustangs are faster do to a power to weight ratio and gearing.
Fact: You can do what ever you want to a 350Z and it will still cost more and be slower, then a Mustang with the same mods.
Fact: To "blow the Camaro's doors off" you have to have a lot more then a stock Coyote. Stock to stock, the Coyote wins by a nose... basically a door length.

I'm done...I have food to go eat
The new Camaro has a 376 cu inch engine not a 350, thats a fact! They haven't used a 350 cubic inch engine in a Camaro for years and when they did it was less then 412 hp. Another fact! 300 lbs lighter is not why coyotes beat Camaros. Our cars are geared better to get the power to the ground. We can rev to 7000 rpm they can do 6500. Pushrod engines give you everything down low, and less at midrange and even less at higher rpms. These are the facts as to why a lower hp car with less cubic inches beats the Camaro!
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #38
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post

The new Camaro has a 376 cu inch engine not a 350, thats a fact! They haven't used a 350 cubic inch engine in a Camaro for years and when they did it was less then 412 hp. Another fact! 300 lbs lighter is not why coyotes beat Camaros. Our cars are geared better to get the power to the ground. We can rev to 7000 rpm they can do 6500. Pushrod engines give you everything down low, and less at midrange and even less at higher rpms. These are the facts as to why a lower hp car with less cubic inches beats the Camaro!
When you say geared better I assume you are talking about tranny gears... Because I'm pretty sure Camaros come with 3.90s in the rear.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

So who is the camaro guy now?
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

What ever...you obviously missed the point. You talking about a special edition NISMO Z that I am sure will cost upwards of $70k and saying its fast because they put turbos on it. For $70k you can get a 2014 stage 3 Roush (700hp). Or the TT Helon kit which is reliable if tuned properly...the one in the video runs fine and I never had any trouble out of TT mustangs I drove...its what ever man, you like the Z, great....Enjoy, I am sure there are some guys over on the Z forum smashing Pony cars right now...
Old 05-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #41
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
What ever...you obviously missed the point. You talking about a special edition NISMO Z that I am sure will cost upwards of $70k and saying its fast because they put turbos on it. For $70k you can get a 2014 stage 3 Roush (700hp). Or the TT Helon kit which is reliable if tuned properly...the one in the video runs fine and I never had any trouble out of TT mustangs I drove...its what ever man, you like the Z, great....Enjoy, I am sure there are some guys over on the Z forum smashing Pony cars right now...
I agree, the Z is really overrated, if you want power get the '14 Stage 3 Roush with 700hp. Hell you can get a regular GT for 28k and then spend 30k on performance, beat the Z and still have money left over.

HID end all thread
Old 05-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I would just like to say that I am 6'3" 6'4" ish and almost 300lbs and I fit in a classic Mini just fine.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
When you say geared better I assume you are talking about tranny gears... Because I'm pretty sure Camaros come with 3.90s in the rear.
Camaro ss's come with 3:42 gears in the rear and a tremec tranny with longer gears. The only camaro that comes with 3:91 gears is the 1le. The zl1 has 3:73's. our cars with 3:31's are the equivalent to their cars with 3:91's. the mt- 82 has much better gear ratios then any tremec out there including the new magnum!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So who is the camaro guy now?
The reason why i know so much about Camaros is the past two years i sold Chevys for an auto group that included brands such as Ford, Mitsubishi, Hyundai Nissan and Infinity. When i got hired i told the guy i wanted to sell Fords but he put me at the Chevy dealership. Right after i started there i traded my 2004 gt in on my current 2012 gt of which i bought at a discounted rate from the auto group i worked for!

Now what kind of salesman sells alot of cars without knowing his product? I knew my product! I actually sold more vettes then Camaros! And sold more trucks and suvs then cars!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree, the Z is really overrated, if you want power get the '14 Stage 3 Roush with 700hp. Hell you can get a regular GT for 28k and then spend 30k on performance, beat the Z and still have money left over.
Man your facts are way off the roush stage 3 mustang does not come with 700 hp. And 675 hp is an option!

Overview
The ROUSH® Stage 3 Mustang defines Jack Roush’s vision of a true American performance car, one that combines the raw power, handling, and braking capabilities of his championship winning race cars, while at the same time maintain OEM reliability, drivability, and comfort.

At the heart of the Stage 3 Mustang is the ROUSHcharged™ powertrain. Featuring Eaton’s® award-winning Twin Vortices Series (TVS) technology, the R2300 supercharger combined with ROUSH's High-Efficiency Intercooler and an OE-level PCM Calibration boosts the "Coyote" 5.0L's output to a tire punishing 575 horsepower and 505 lb.-ft. torque. Team that up with the optional Ford Racing "Aluminator" Engine, and you’ve got the ultimate building block for the 625 HP Phase 2 or 675 HP Phase 3 upgrade*.

To ensure maximum performance ROUSH chassis engineers spent thousands of hours in development and testing to create the perfect set up to aid in acceleration, cornering and ride quality. The ROUSH Performance Suspension System features custom-valved Front and Rear Shock Absorbers, rate-matched Front and Rear Coil Springs, a larger, stiffer Front Stabilizer Bar and a Rear Anti-Wheel Hop Upper Control Arm that seamlessly blends comfort on the road and superior handling on the track.

And if all that wasn’t enough, ROUSH teamed up with Cooper Tire to develop an Ultra High Performance Tire (Zeon RS3-S) that is capable of transferring the power and performance of a ROUSH Mustang to the ground. This machine is a corner-carving marvel capable of lateral forces in excess of 1.02 G’s on the skid pad.

With all this muscle and race car handling, there is no doubt that the Stage 3's exterior attitude had to match. Standard equipped with the "R6" Aerobody package, ROUSH kicks the Stage 3 into high-gear with a customized graphic package with over 250 unique color combinations, and an optional Custom Paint Finish by Sherwin-Williams® to create a truly unique and personalized vehicle.

Standard components inside the Stage 3 consist of a custom gauge cluster (when built on premium base models only), ROUSH embroidered floor mats, a ROUSH center console button, a Stage 3 dash medallion and Jack Roush's signature graphic on the dash. Under the hood are a serialized Stage 3 plaque and a chassis build plaque.

Because the Stage 3 comes so well equipped, the only exterior body option is the rear quarter window louvers and graphics. Inside there are two optional seating upgrades, ROUSH embroidered GT charcoal leather or the premium Stage 3 embroidered leather interior with suede inserts and highlight stitching, suede door panel inserts with highlight stitching and a suede shift boot with highlight stitching. There is also a vent gauge pod with LED boost gauge, suede wrapped performance steering wheel, white or black shifter ball and ROUSH illuminated sill plates (cars equipped with ambient lighting). Billet aluminum racing pedals and a convertible light bar are also available as optional equipment.

Chassis and engine options now include three 20-inch wheels options (chrome, hyper black, and new graphite), four different brake packages (red two-piston sport, red four-piston performance, black four-piston performance or red six-piston competition), a trunk mounted tool kit, ROUSH laser cut hood struts and red or black ROUSH engine coil covers. New for 2014 is the X-brace and rear seat delete featuring factory-matched carpeted rear seat delete and X-brace (painted gray standard or can be upgraded to match exterior body color) to provide additional rear structural rigidity. Rounding out the options list is the ROUSH dual chamber off-road exhaust system, making sure that everyone hears the 575 horsepower Stage 3 symphony.

Experience the very best that ROUSH Performance has to offer...The 2014 ROUSH Stage 3 Mustang.

AMERICAN MUSCLE | REDEFINED

*Phase 2 and Phase 3 upgrade kit available through ROUSH Performance parts catalog.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Aaah yes it dose...It is called the Aluminator and you can only get it in the 2014 stage three 675hp with a 700hp option...I just looked at one today...with a dyno sheet.

http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...age-3-mustang/
Old 05-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The reason why i know so much about Camaros is the past two years i sold Chevys for an auto group that included brands such as Ford, Mitsubishi, Hyundai Nissan and Infinity. When i got hired i told the guy i wanted to sell Fords but he put me at the Chevy dealership. Right after i started there i traded my 2004 gt in on my current 2012 gt of which i bought at a discounted rate from the auto group i worked for!

Now what kind of salesman sells alot of cars without knowing his product? I knew my product! I actually sold more vettes then Camaros! And sold more trucks and suvs then cars!
To-shay...I glad to here you say that. I am sick of going to dealers and them not knowing ANYTHING about the cars they sell.
I use to be a chevy guy, and they still had the 5.7 when I ran them. I have been out of the game for a while...So my chevy knowledge is mediocre at best...
Old 05-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Aaah yes it dose...It is called the Aluminator and you can only get it in the 2014 stage three 675hp with a 700hp option...I just looked at one today...with a dyno sheet.

Roush offers Aluminator engines for Stage 3 Mustang
I mentioned that in my post, its the aluminator option which ups the price a bit!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I mentioned that in my post, its the aluminator option which ups the price a bit!
Ok??? The very first words in your reply said "they do not make that 675/700 option....So, I just stated they do...
Old 05-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
370Z has some downsides. I love the car but one huge downside for me is permnant traction control. It is far too intrusive too.

Also agreed it doesn't feel as fast as the 5.0 yet the 370Z is supposed to have an identical 0-60. I'm wondering if that is the 370Z vs a 3.31 geared mustang and not 3.73 when they said they had similar 0-60.
Mine is a 3:31 and it feels much faster

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote:
370Z has some downsides. I love the car but one huge downside for me is permnant traction control. It is far too intrusive too.

Also agreed it doesn't feel as fast as the 5.0 yet the 370Z is supposed to have an identical 0-60. I'm wondering if that is the 370Z vs a 3.31 geared mustang and not 3.73 when they said they had similar 0-60.
2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

You cant turn off the traction control?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You cant turn off the traction control?
Well. To be fair I haven't looked at the 370Z since 2011 and I was looking at the nismo. You couldn't turn off the traction control. It was even a downside motor trend listed.

Back in 2011 too it was well known for the nismo to show a full tank of gas but be on E. As of the time from what I had gathered Nissan denied it being a big issue but was flooded as an issue on many forums.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I am a little late to the conversation but your right. I looked at a convertible before I got my car I could see spending 40k on a car the would only do 0-60 in like 5-5.5 sec. Also I think your right you can't turn off traction control and also the manual transmission is weird, it matches the revs your something when it's in sport mode
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
I am a little late to the conversation but your right. I looked at a convertible before I got my car I could see spending 40k on a car the would only do 0-60 in like 5-5.5 sec. Also I think your right you can't turn off traction control and also the manual transmission is weird, it matches the revs your something when it's in sport mode
Yeah they call it synchrorev. Gonna get hate here, but the manual was to much like an auto for my taste. Like the car was driving itself for me and I didn't get to do it myself.

Actually I thought they were rated a 4.5 0-60?

Edit I am thinking the nismo for the 0-60.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

Yeah they call it synchrorev. Gonna get hate here, but the manual was to much like an auto for my taste. Like the car was driving itself for me and I didn't get to do it myself.

There is no way they are that fast. I've raced 3-4 of them and they can't even stay with me

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote:

Edit I am thinking the nismo for the 0-60.
Actually your right from what the magazines say. Well they have never even been able to stay with me from a roll or dig, and that was stock
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah driving one it didn't feel that fast. Specially after test driving the mustang. I was so dead set on the 370Z and even loved it during the test drive. Then went down the street and test drove the 5.0 and it was a WTF moment because I had thought the 370Z felt fast...I was so wrong.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Yeah driving one it didn't feel that fast. Specially after test driving the mustang. I was so dead set on the 370Z and even loved it during the test drive. Then went down the street and test drove the 5.0 and it was a WTF moment because I had thought the 370Z felt fast...I was so wrong.
I thought my G37 was the nastiest car on the road. Then I drove my buddy's 5.0....
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post

I thought my G37 was the nastiest car on the road. Then I drove my buddy's 5.0....
I had a 06 gt with a whole bunch of mods and thought it was beast then I got a 13 5.0 and that 06 don't even compare.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I thought the mustang would have a lot more kick but then I realized I wasn't in a supercharged one haha
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

When shopping for the Mustang, I thought about the 370 and then I saw the trunk. My wife said "what are you going to so with your mountain bike?" And that was the end of that.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejohncarlson View Post
When shopping for the Mustang, I thought about the 370 and then I saw the trunk. My wife said "what are you going to so with your mountain bike?" And that was the end of that.
When the lease on my Fusion is up I'm going to seriously look into a '14 GT at a deep discount with the '15 coming out. My main problem is it has to baby. At least my little guys Recaro will be front facing by then, but the trunk has to hold his stroller...
JKLiNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Let's put it this way....I went to the track last night with real drag slicks, Procal tune, GT500s ABs, a Roush upper and cheap UMI poly LCAs and laid down 12.2 at 114+.

The speed says I have an 11 in it, if I can extract it, in a basically stock car. The rear mods are for wheelhop control, the exhaust is sound only, the only serious stuff is the real tire and the tune, and it's the mildest tune you can buy.

I've not seen any 370s come close to that, though I'm sure it could if you shoveled enough money at it. It wouldn't be cheap though, that's for sure.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I have a v6 and i go head to head with 370zs...
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
There was a supercharged 3.7 at the track last night too. It was a moderately serious contender but, it wasn't a cheap do-up, I expect.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You are forgetting a big point here. IRS sucks for straight line acceleration. (A nod to my user name), that solid piece of steal is more efficient in putting down the power.
300 pounds makes a big difference. That's why I refuse to date fat chicks
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #66
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post

You are forgetting a big point here. IRS sucks for straight line acceleration. (A nod to my user name), that solid piece of steal is more efficient in putting down the power.
300 pounds makes a huge difference. When I have my friends in the car that's another 300-450 pounds, and my car feels slow with that extra weight.

HID end all thread
Old 05-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

300 pounds makes a huge difference. When I have my friends in the car that's another 300-450 pounds, and my car feels slow with that extra weight.
You can fit more than one person in your car?!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #68
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

You can fit more than one person in your car?!
Barely, when my friends (shorter than me, and I'm 5'10) sit in the back their heads are pretty much touching the top. And when I go over a bump their heads hit the top lol. I usually only have 1 person though.

HID end all thread
Old 05-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Barely, when my friends (shorter than me, and I'm 5'10) sit in the back their heads are pretty much touching the top. And when I go over a bump their heads hit the top lol. I usually only have 1 person though.
haha was gonna say, the few times people have sat in the back they have vowed to never do it again.

which is great btw, as whenever a bunch of us go anywhere i NEVER have to drive my car and always get to save gas
Old 05-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post

Thank you...Im just glad I was not the only one who knew that...I just got tired of typing on my phone...LOL

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote:

haha was gonna say, the few times people have sat in the back they have vowed to never do it again.

which is great btw, as whenever a bunch of us go anywhere i NEVER have to drive my car and always get to save gas
Imy wife and my 3 year old son...not much more works...LOL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT