370z vs 2011 5.0 - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
You are forgetting a big point here. IRS sucks for straight line acceleration. (A nod to my user name), that solid piece of steal is more efficient in putting down the power.
300 pounds makes a big difference. That's why I refuse to date fat chicks
Guess what the 2015 Mustang gets For a Rear suspension? IRS, but it will not be stamped steel like the Camaros have but the control arms will be aluminum saving some weight!

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
300 pounds makes a huge difference. When I have my friends in the car that's another 300-450 pounds, and my car feels slow with that extra weight.
Every 100lbs extra = a tenth of a second so 3 tenths can come down to the best driver head to head!
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

You can fit more than one person in your car?!
Lol I sit four all the time. But I'm short my girl is tiny and my friends do what they can just to get a chance to ride in it.
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLRedGT View Post

Lol I sit four all the time. But I'm short my girl is tiny and my friends do what they can just to get a chance to ride in it.
Not me...I need all the room I can get 6' 300LBS...My wife is tiny though, 4'9" 115lbs..
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0

Not me...I need all the room I can get 6' 300LBS...My wife is tiny though, 4'9" 115lbs..
Lol i hear ya. I'm unfortunately only 5'6 150 and my girl is 5'0 100 but that means there is always substantial amount of room in the back.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Lol i hear ya. I'm unfortunately only 5'6 150 and my girl is 5'0 100 but that means there is always substantial amount of room in the back.
really? I am 5'6" and 170 but not fat by any means and a person of the same height but skinnier than me as I am a little bulky can't comfortably sit behind me. Maybe you have shorter legs and sit closer to the front of the car than I do?
Old 05-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

really? I am 5'6" and 170 but not fat by any means and a person of the same height but skinnier than me as I am a little bulky can't comfortably sit behind me. Maybe you have shorter legs and sit closer to the front of the car than I do?
I'm not sure I don't sit really close because my dad who is 5'10 doesn't move the seat back much if at all. my friends are also short. I don't know how but in my group of friends we are all either 5'6 or 6'2 kinda weird. Never once have I had one whine about riding in the car though lol. However none of them have nice or fast cars and they drool over mustangs so they just enjoy it no matter the comfort level.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not sure I don't sit really close because my dad who is 5'10 doesn't move the seat back much if at all. my friends are also short. I don't know how but in my group of friends we are all either 5'6 or 6'2 kinda weird. Never once have I had one whine about riding in the car though lol. However none of them have nice or fast cars and they drool over mustangs so they just enjoy it no matter the comfort level.
haha I scare the living **** out of my friends when they are in the car. I don't do anything stupid I know my car's limits but I love scarying people who have never been in fast cars. I scared one girl who I've been friends with for 5 years and we currently work together so bad when we went to lunch during work one day that she refused to speak to me the rest of the day haha.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

haha I scare the living **** out of my friends when they are in the car. I don't do anything stupid I know my car's limits but I love scarying people who have never been in fast cars. I scared one girl who I've been friends with for 5 years and we currently work together so bad when we went to lunch during work one day that she refused to speak to me the rest of the day haha.
Lol. I had a similar story. My friend wanted to ride in my car and had his gf sit in the back alone like a d*** and she thought his jeep was fast and i gave a little second and third gear pull (not even close to redline) and she started screaming haha i couldnt stop laughing.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post

Lol. I had a similar story. My friend wanted to ride in my car and had his gf sit in the back alone like a d*** and she thought his jeep was fast and i gave a little second and third gear pull (not even close to redline) and she started screaming haha i couldnt stop laughing.
Ah haha a fast jeep lolololol.

Yeah I enjoy one particular exit near where I work from one highway to another because it is a very nice angled exit/entrance ramp that recommends going 45mph through it and I had her in the car and was doing 100 post suspension and big beefy summer tires and wide rims. Car just hunkers down and holds the pavement like a boss. Fast you go tighter the car seems to hold. She was screaming holy hell. Car behind me was a riced out civic that tried to keep up and I left way behind. He finally got up next to me and gave me a salute haha.

She has told me since that she loves me so much that she is never gonna make me use my gas when we go to lunch and she will always drive because she is thinking of me. Lol.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:27 AM   #80
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:

haha was gonna say, the few times people have sat in the back they have vowed to never do it again.

which is great btw, as whenever a bunch of us go anywhere i NEVER have to drive my car and always get to save gas
Whenever I go places with friends I always insist on driving lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Whenever I go places with friends I always insist on driving lol
I drive unless they have an SUV...LOL
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post

I drive unless they have an SUV...LOL
See I love to drive my car, but I hate having everyone scream and cry because I park way out, or going places like theme parks where there is no "way out" parking and then I don't want to drive my car.

I put my car above most anything else. I'd rather show up to a club in a beater than my mustang and have to park it somewhere that will get it dings.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

See I love to drive my car, but I hate having everyone scream and cry because I park way out, or going places like theme parks where there is no "way out" parking and then I don't want to drive my car.

I put my car above most anything else. I'd rather show up to a club in a beater than my mustang and have to park it somewhere that will get it dings.
I get a hard time from people because they dont understand why i park as far away as possible, just to come out to see one other person park beside me just to be a d***
Old 05-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I get a hard time from people because they dont understand why i park as far away as possible, just to come out to see one other person park beside me just to be a d***
Haha I hate that too. Some people just want to ruin others lives no matter who that person might be.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha I hate that too. Some people just want to ruin others lives no matter who that person might be.
I dont mind a few spaces over but i park far away for a reason and they intentionally park right beside me, so aggravating lol
Old 05-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I dont mind a few spaces over but i park far away for a reason and they intentionally park right beside me, so aggravating lol
Yep! I love my current job as it is a private completely fenced in parking lot with security gates. My last job was kinda awesome though because my co workers would all park around me and protect my car since it was a public lot. There are some decent people left in the world.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

Haha! That's me!

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

That's one good thing about the old fox body's, they have huge rubber bumpers along the doors.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I always park away from other cars. I like it when another Mustang comes and parks next to mine though.
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you ever think they might be fellow car enthusiasts parking next to you to defend one side? I know that I do this for other nice cars in my door-ding-mobile (daily driver) so that it can take hits instead of them. How many times have you gotten a door ding from someone else parking next to you out in BFE?

It is possible that not every person on this world isn't just trying to piss you off

Also, easy fix to rear passengers:
RearSeatDelete.com - HOME - Shrader Performance
Old 05-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #90

Region: Tennessee
I had a 2011 370z sport+touring 6mt before my 3013 5.0, I loved the Z, handled like it was on rails, loved the synchro rev, liked the fake suede+leather. Car was fast enough also BUT.... and its a big BUT.... The motor sounds terrible on throttle. Like, on the verge of exploding terrible. Rocks in a tin can terrible. After driving a S2000 for 6 years, I have come to expect a great sounding motor out of my vehicle. The 5.0 sounds remarkable compared to the VQ37.
Hbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbomb View Post
I had a 2011 370z sport+touring 6mt before my 3013 5.0, I loved the Z, handled like it was on rails, loved the synchro rev, liked the fake suede+leather. Car was fast enough also BUT.... and its a big BUT.... The motor sounds terrible on throttle. Like, on the verge of exploding terrible. Rocks in a tin can terrible. After driving a S2000 for 6 years, I have come to expect a great sounding motor out of my vehicle. The 5.0 sounds remarkable compared to the VQ37.
Coming from a 09 G37, I completely agree.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post

Did you ever think they might be fellow car enthusiasts parking next to you to defend one side? I know that I do this for other nice cars in my door-ding-mobile (daily driver) so that it can take hits instead of them. How many times have you gotten a door ding from someone else parking next to you out in BFE?

It is possible that not every person on this world isn't just trying to piss you off

Also, easy fix to rear passengers:
RearSeatDelete.com - HOME - Shrader Performance
A Good Samaritan 👍
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I was looking at 370Z's for about 2 months, as I've always loved the look of the car. I didn't mind the engine sound when I test drove one, sounded kind of mechanical and unrefined, but being a second car, and a sports car, I like unrefined. That being said, I started the 5.0 and it was a done deal. Looks are always subjective, and I love both cars. Not that it was a factor, but my girl hates the look of the Z, and Nissans in general, so she was happy I got the stang. And you can't argue with the the power and torque we have in just about every gear and RPM range.
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
So my 5.0 should easily take out a 370z, correct? Lol
Coyote Fever5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Quote:
370z is also very small on the inside. I'm only 5'10" and weigh 150 pounds and i felt like a giant in there.
im 6 1 and 300 imagine how I felt hahaha
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT