Dust boots - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Dust boots

Any body know if I can buy bust boots for STRT's or the rubber hose things for my sport lines on the bottom coils so I can put them together before I put them on? I'm just looking to pull the old ones out and throw the new ones in without taking the old ones apart.
ARfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone?
Old 05-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARfirefighter View Post
Anyone?
I believe you can get them at auto parts stores.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

What do I put on the bottom coil of the springs? Is it just some standard kind of hose or something special?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARfirefighter View Post
What do I put on the bottom coil of the springs? Is it just some standard kind of hose or something special?
It seemed like just thin rubber when I pulled mine off.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
the "rubber hose" you refer to that goes on the bottom of the spring is part number 6R3Z-5L302-A if you go to your local ford dealer. They come one per pkg and i think i paid about $8 for the pair when i lowered mine.
kk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Trying to find something to put on my new springs so I can have everything assembled before I start my install. I have already realized that I need to buy a bump stop kit too as my springs only came with new rears. Thanks for the feedback tho guys

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk89 View Post
the "rubber hose" you refer to that goes on the bottom of the spring is part number 6R3Z-5L302-A if you go to your local ford dealer. They come one per pkg and i think i paid about $8 for the pair when i lowered mine.
You are the man! Thanks! I'll have to check on this.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

I have also seen where people have used Gabriel brand boots for the struts. Anybody else heard of this?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Can't help ya out with the dust boots, as i installed the frpp springs which come with dust boots. I did read on a different forum where a guy went to auto zone and purchased gabriel dust boots which did work. If you wish to avoid breaking down your front struts you will also need to buy the bump stops as well.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can't help ya out with the dust boots, as i installed the frpp springs which come with dust boots. I did read on a different forum where a guy went to auto zone and purchased gabriel dust boots which did work. If you wish to avoid breaking down your front struts you will also need to buy the bump stops as well.
Thanks mang. I'll be looking into this
Old 05-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Gabriel Strut Mount, 143059 also branded as duralast. They work perfect, but $14 each.

Here ya go, i quoted this from a different forum, so as i said, i can't speak from personal experience on this as to their fit.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Gabriel Strut Mount, 143059 also branded as duralast. They work perfect, but $14 each.

Here ya go, i quoted this from a different forum, so as i said, i can't speak from personal experience on this as to their fit.
$28 to avoid having to disassemble my factory struts is well worth it to me! Thanks a lot for all the info.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

« Wheels | Well crap »