WTB Suspension - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
WTB Suspension

Hey y'all. I am running eibach pro kit springs, bmr adjustable panhard rod, j&m rear LCA and I'm wondering what to go with now. Suggestions? I'm looking into subframe connectors and k member brace. It's a dd but I'm building it for better performance at track days. Road course that is not drag. Ps should I just dump my current set up an buy a certain manufacture performance package? Thanks
tea84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by tea84 View Post
Hey y'all. I am running eibach pro kit springs, bmr adjustable panhard rod, j&m rear LCA and I'm wondering what to go with now. Suggestions? I'm looking into subframe connectors and k member brace. It's a dd but I'm building it for better performance at track days. Road course that is not drag. Ps should I just dump my current set up an buy a certain manufacture performance package? Thanks
Definitely look into getting an adjustable UCA. Will correct you pinion angle from the lowering springs. Other then that i would consider a nice adjustable set of struts/shocks with some maximum Motorsports or steeda cc plates. Especially if your going to be doing road courses. Those stock strut mounts wont last long.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I wouldn't bother with subframe connectors until you finish out the main suspension parts. Since you want to track the car.

Adjustable shocks and struts.
Lower control arm relo brackets.
UCA plus bracket
Maximum motorsports caster camber plates. Camber bolts under enough auto x can snap.
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
First and foremost a good set of dampers. I would look into the Koni yellows for track duty. Everything else above mentioned is pretty good, uca and mount (huge plus) I would also look into upgrading brakes. Better pads, braided steel brake lines and maybe brake duct cooling kit

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I have already flushed the system with dot 5.1, hawk pads all the way around, already have brembos up front. I like the idea of the duct cooling kit. Why the steel brake lines, never fully understood there purpose. You think the koni's will work with the eibach pro springs alright? Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Plus should I go with the white line bump steer/ball joint kit or another brand?
tea84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I hear good things about the steeda ball joints
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea84 View Post
I have already flushed the system with dot 5.1, hawk pads all the way around, already have brembos up front. I like the idea of the duct cooling kit. Why the steel brake lines, never fully understood there purpose. You think the koni's will work with the eibach pro springs alright? Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Plus should I go with the white line bump steer/ball joint kit or another brand?
Steel brake lines don't expand like rubber ones do under high heat and pressure, giving you a more confident and consistent brake feel and capability under extreme conditions.

Konis will be just fine with eibach spring as well.

Why do you want the bump steer ball joint kit?

If you have any questions about specific parts, shoot me a PM I'm more than happy to help.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Steel brake lines don't expand like rubber ones do under high heat and pressure, giving you a more confident and consistent brake feel and capability under extreme conditions.

Konis will be just fine with eibach spring as well.

Why do you want the bump steer ball joint kit?

If you have any questions about specific parts, shoot me a PM I'm more than happy to help.
I need a bump steer/ball joint kit. Hear that'll help with my huge drop and huge tires in the front for handling.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:09 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
2013 GT just got the eibach R2 suspension. Feels great.
tarupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I think with what you got now the more important things you need:

1. Relocation brackets (these are important as you want to plant the tire. Right now you are lifting, Less grip. The LCA needs to be at min straight but running downhill from body to axle or to your relocation bracket you can accomplish this. Without being aggressive you probably will use middle hole option with your drop. Of course nobody is gonna get some magic traction with street tires but this will get you in direction you going.
2. Koni STR.T or if you got it like that go for yellow adjustables.
3.UCA.....I need this to complete my susp.

Nosympathy & Grabberblue can give you good advice as they have. I agree with what they said and they are on here a lot.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I have Koni Sports/Yellows on Eibach Pro Kits and it's amazing. As others said, get an adjustable UCA to correct the pinion angle from being lowered.

Outside of that, I would recommend decent swaybars since you have your brakes covered and seat time on the track. Subframe connectors and k member are completely overkill unless you're a professional road racer.

CC plates are also really unnecessary for the Eibach Pro Kit springs. I'm running the same setup on my car with GT500 strut mounts and my camber is just slightly out of spec. I had an alignment done by a really good local shop (the owner has real world firsthand experience road racing Mustangs) and he said that the amount of negative camber I have is just barely out of spec and that I should not see any adverse tire wear. The negative camber will also help with turn-in.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

What size tires can you run after you have lowered the car 1.5 inches all the way around?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarupert View Post
What size tires can you run after you have lowered the car 1.5 inches all the way around?
What size do you want too run....you can technically run a 305 on all four corners with the right offset....
Old 05-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Would like to run biggest tire with out doing any offset. So far it looks like 285/35/19. Just want to be positive before I make the purchase.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarupert View Post
Would like to run biggest tire with out doing any offset. So far it looks like 285/35/19. Just want to be positive before I make the purchase.
Those aren't even as tall as stock tires ... should fit no problem as long as your wheels are wide enough.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post

Those aren't even as tall as stock tires ... should fit no problem as long as your wheels are wide enough.
I run that size tire with a 1.7" front and 2.4" drop rear on RTR rims.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #17
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

285 is great for a square setup, any wider than that and you would have to start looking at a more aggressive offset.

Btw all wheels have an offset, it's not something you install, it has to do with how close or far to/from center the wheel hub is from the center of the barrel of the wheel

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
285 is great for a square setup, any wider than that and you would have to start looking at a more aggressive offset.

Btw all wheels have an offset, it's not something you install, it has to do with how close or far to/from center the wheel hub is from the center of the barrel of the wheel
By more aggressive off set, are you saying to basically move the wheel in more?
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #19
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

By more aggressive off set, are you saying to basically move the wheel in more?
Yea a more aggressive offset would move the hub of the wheel more positive (moves wheel centerline further away from the car and tucks the wheels into the wheel wells more)

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
also I didn't see anyone mention it but if you have the brembo setup you can't get nearly as aggressive with offset as someone without it. Was always my main problem on my z and g when I had them with the brembo package.
kornflake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornflake7 View Post
also I didn't see anyone mention it but if you have the brembo setup you can't get nearly as aggressive with offset as someone without it. Was always my main problem on my z and g when I had them with the brembo package.
It's not really an issue though, there are plenty of wheels that are designed to fit these cars with the BBP. It's very easy to find 18x10s and 20x10s that fit all four corners. Forgestar makes 19x10s that fit all four as well. There are ways to get even wider wheels to fit, I'm pretty sure Vorshlag was able to get 18x11s on the front and 18x12s on the rear. I highly doubt anyone needs a much wider wheel than that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT