Dealer installed new clutch - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Dealer installed new clutch

I just got her back yesterday from Conway Ford. She had a new clutch installed per the 2011 GT clutch TSB. It grabs great but it's really, REALLY soft, like V6 soft. Anyone else have this experience?
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
What?! What TSB do you speak of?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

There's a clutch TSB for the sticky clutch (where it sticks to the floor). Theres actually a sticky about it over at SVTPerformance. Go to the dealer and talk to them.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
There's a clutch TSB for the sticky clutch (where it sticks to the floor). Theres actually a sticky about it over at SVTPerformance. Go to the dealer and talk to them.
wonder how I missed that, I HATE when my clutch does that. Though, what you are describing, they didn't just remove the clutch spring did they?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

wonder how I missed that, I HATE when my clutch does that. Though, what you are describing, they didn't just remove the clutch spring did they?
They replaced the whole clutch assembly. That's why they had it for a day and a half. It's a thousand times better, just soft lol.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They replaced the whole clutch assembly. That's why they had it for a day and a half. It's a thousand times better, just soft lol.
Hmmm. I am going to definitely have to ask about that when I go in next time. I can let you know then what it is like
Old 05-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hmmm. I am going to definitely have to ask about that when I go in next time. I can let you know then what it is like
Sounds good bro. And just FYI, check out this stickey over at SVTPERFORMANCE. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...issue-fix.html
Old 05-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sounds good bro. And just FYI, check out this stickey over at SVTPERFORMANCE. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...issue-fix.html
Ehhh says built after a certain date in 2010. I'll have to go look. I would bet mine is not that old. Unless it sat on the lot forever and a half.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I need to look into this. Thanks for sharing!
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ehhh says built after a certain date in 2010. I'll have to go look. I would bet mine is not that old. Unless it sat on the lot forever and a half.
I feel that if you're having this problem, though, that they'll take care of you.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I feel that if you're having this problem, though, that they'll take care of you.
Yeah I think they will. I'm interested to go look at the clutch assembly after seeing that and seeing if it looks the same. Did they replace yours with the GT500 one?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I think they will. I'm interested to go look at the clutch assembly after seeing that and seeing if it looks the same. Did they replace yours with the GT500 one?
I am really not sure. I wasn't able to get up there until after the service department closed. The service manager was standing out front talking to a tech, just killing time and I asked him. He said that it came as a kit or something. He was off the clock so I wasn't going to press him for details, but now that I've gotten used to this clutch, I REALLY like it. I miss the heaviness of the old one, but this one is just fantastic. Also, now that I'm on day 2 with it, it's heavier than I'd originally credited it with. Go get one. You'll be very glad you did.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I am really not sure. I wasn't able to get up there until after the service department closed. The service manager was standing out front talking to a tech, just killing time and I asked him. He said that it came as a kit or something. He was off the clock so I wasn't going to press him for details, but now that I've gotten used to this clutch, I REALLY like it. I miss the heaviness of the old one, but this one is just fantastic. Also, now that I'm on day 2 with it, it's heavier than I'd originally credited it with. Go get one. You'll be very glad you did.
Thanks for the information man. That sounds fantastic. I know these guys would do it if I asked. I also have the maintenance plan so I can play off that too if they want to fight me. Thanks again!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks for the information man. That sounds fantastic. I know these guys would do it if I asked. I also have the maintenance plan so I can play off that too if they want to fight me. Thanks again!
Of course! I'm glad I could help! I feel that that's really what the nature of these forums is really about.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Of course! I'm glad I could help! I feel that that's really what the nature of these forums is really about.
Yessir! Every now and then we all kinda forget this . Me included.

Hope someone can answer your initial question though.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yessir! Every now and then we all kinda forget this . Me included.

Hope someone can answer your initial question though.
Let me know how it turns out for you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT